My 6 month old beardie is not eating food

qpkeaney

Beardie name(s)
Gus it is 6 months
My Bearded Dragon is about 6-7 months and I got it exactly 1 week ago today, and it will not eat. I have given it many options including live mealworms, can of worms, canned papaya, pellets, and Spinach. It does not seem interested in any of the food and I am concerned about it. Is it because he is stressed out because of a big change? I just want to make sure it is going to be okay. It is also closing its eyes while basking and while I hold it. Any help on what to do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My Bearded Dragon is about 6-7 months and I got it exactly 1 week ago today, and it will not eat. I have given it many options including live mealworms, can of worms, canned papaya, pellets, and Spinach. It does not seem interested in any of the food and I am concerned about it. Is it because he is stressed out because of a big change? I just want to make sure it is going to be okay. It is also closing its eyes while basking and while I hold it. Any help on what to do?
The uvb and surface basking temps are the most important things in the tank - temps should be 95-100 taken w a digital probe thermometer- uvb should be a long tube fixture No coils- if you want links for 3 good ones please ask I will post them-- please no more spinach or canned worms- he needs collards turnip greens mustard or kale - I can post a website for nutrition

qpkeaney

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gus it is 6 months
The uvb and surface basking temps are the most important things in the tank - temps should be 95-100 taken w a digital probe thermometer- uvb should be a long tube fixture No coils- if you want links for 3 good ones please ask I will post them-- please no more spinach or canned worms- he needs collards turnip greens mustard or kale - I can post a website for nutrition
I'll attach a photo of my UVB bulb because I am pretty sure it is a long tube fixture. I'll move the lights so they are right in the middle of the basking spot. He hasn't eaten once. Could you please post a website for nutrition and a link to a good digital probe thermometer?

Attachments

• Image - Copy (8).jpeg
    Image - Copy (8).jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Image - Copy (7).jpeg
    Image - Copy (7).jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 56

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I'll attach a photo of my UVB bulb because I am pretty sure it is a long tube fixture. I'll move the lights so they are right in the middle of the basking spot. He hasn't eaten once. Could you please post a website for nutrition and a link to a good digital probe thermometer?
That is a coil --- please get one of these and post back on here when you have it
posting links these are the best on the market
https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...o-med-reptisun-t5-hood?variant=26907425734756 you will need to get the 22" Reptisun bulb for this fixture there is a 5.0 bulb that comes w/ it

Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO

Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO - Hight Output Linear Lamp for desert reptile terrariums. Shop all lighting supplies at Pangea Reptile

www.pangeareptile.com

this one you can find at Pet Smart if you have one 24 watt 12% bulb
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...v-b-kit-65058.html?cgid=500114&fmethod=Browse or this one
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0= you want the 24" or 2 ft one-- you will need to replace the bulb w/ the Reptisun posted above --
ignore the kale info it is outdated it is a good staple feeder
Nutrition Content
Look on the websites I posted for the fixtures -- Zoo Med makes the digital probe thermometers

qpkeaney

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gus it is 6 months
That is a coil --- please get one of these and post back on here when you have it
posting links these are the best on the market
https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...o-med-reptisun-t5-hood?variant=26907425734756 you will need to get the 22" Reptisun bulb for this fixture there is a 5.0 bulb that comes w/ it

Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO

Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO - Hight Output Linear Lamp for desert reptile terrariums. Shop all lighting supplies at Pangea Reptile

www.pangeareptile.com

this one you can find at Pet Smart if you have one 24 watt 12% bulb
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...v-b-kit-65058.html?cgid=500114&fmethod=Browse or this one
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0= you want the 24" or 2 ft one-- you will need to replace the bulb w/ the Reptisun posted above --
ignore the kale info it is outdated it is a good staple feeder
Nutrition Content
Look on the websites I posted for the fixtures -- Zoo Med makes the digital probe thermometers
I found a link for a different bulb that is in stock at my local petsmart: Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB Reptile Lamp | reptile Bulbs & Lamps | PetSmart

I also found a similar hood at petsmart: Zoo Med ReptiSun Reptile Terrarium Hood | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart

Would they both work the same as the ones you shared to me?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)

qpkeaney

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gus it is 6 months
No the 20 inch is a T 8 you want the T 5 PetSmart should carry the Arcadia pro T 5 I posted w/ the 12% 24 watt bulb please look
Okay the Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit is out of stock so should I order online? Or wait for it to be back in stock? Also, will it help my beardie start to eat? One more thing, I have a 100w heat bulb but his basking rock is only 83 degrees.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Okay the Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit is out of stock so should I order online? Or wait for it to be back in stock? Also, will it help my beardie start to eat? One more thing, I have a 100w heat bulb but his basking rock is only 83 degrees.
How are you getting that temp? Sounds like ambient - I would get a uvb as soon as you can - Pangaea is fast- get him out in the sun for as long as you can sitting on you - if you use a container no glass no lids you need to supervise him I don't know how hot it is there but you don't want him to overheat-

qpkeaney

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gus it is 6 months
How are you getting that temp? Sounds like ambient - I would get a uvb as soon as you can - Pangaea is fast- get him out in the sun for as long as you can sitting on you - if you use a container no glass no lids you need to supervise him I don't know how hot it is there but you don't want him to overheat-
I was getting the temp from a temperature gun. I was thinking the lamp is too tall and the bulb cant reach the basking spot. I was thinking of getting this lamp: HDX 300-Watt 10-1/2 in. Brooder Clamp Work Light HD-303PDQ - The Home Depot. I am afraid if I go outside he will run away from me. It is about 100 degrees where I am.

I found these on the Pangaea website:
Fixture: Pangea Reptile T5 HO Fixture
Bulb: Arcadia 12% UVB T5 HO

Or should I get the reptisun kind:
Fixture: Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
Bulb: Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 UVB T5 HO

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I was getting the temp from a temperature gun. I was thinking the lamp is too tall and the bulb cant reach the basking spot. I was thinking of getting this lamp: HDX 300-Watt 10-1/2 in. Brooder Clamp Work Light HD-303PDQ - The Home Depot. I am afraid if I go outside he will run away from me. It is about 100 degrees where I am.

I found these on the Pangaea website:
Fixture: Pangea Reptile T5 HO Fixture
Bulb: Arcadia 12% UVB T5 HO

Or should I get the reptisun kind:
Fixture: Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
Bulb: Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 UVB T5 HO

qpkeaney

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gus it is 6 months
What size bulb should I get? 12", 22", 34", or 46"?
I attached photos of my carts just so you can make sure I am getting the right stuff.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-21 165618.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-07-21 165618.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot 2023-07-21 165646.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-07-21 165646.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 43

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What size bulb should I get? 12", 22", 34", or 46"?
I attached photos of my carts just so you can make sure I am getting the right stuff.
For the 24" or 2 ft it will say----- use the drop down menu fixture you want the 22" bulb it will say fits 24" fixture

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom