MVB Users. Lets Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

isabelleandpaul

Juvie Member
I believe you! I love my Solar Glo, Balrog did get some colour, but her behaviour is what stood out. She became more active and seems happier. I don't know if it's the bulb, but she's always creamy white, and is a very mellow and happy looking beardie (unless a stranger comes into the house, she hides, but that's another story).
I will definitely keep the solar glo.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
NYDragon":1p04pk37 said:
Thanks Barbara! Being as the tank is 48" would a 24" tube be ok or do I need bigger one? My tank has a plastic bar across the middle of the top that always gets in the way :?
Actually you want the 36" so that it covers more of the viv it would be better. I have pic's of the viv's with the plastic divider piece too. Funny thing is I wanted to post pics of the boys this morning and I have filled another photobucket account sheez. I deleted some of the less important pic's those are some of the ones I deleted. Par for the course! :lol: If you send me a PM with your email I can email you some pic's in the morning if you'd like. I would right now but we are getting hit with a storm and I may just loose my internet signal any minute now. ARG!

Simms if you only had her one day before putting in the Solar Glo you really can't say that she just wasn't stressed or something the first pic she may have turned that color even without the Solar Glo. I can say this because like I said before I was a die hard MVB user for years and that is something I always thought too.

h2simms

Juvie Member
Yes I argree, you are the mvb expert! But I couldn't believe the color I was baffled! Her babies will have some great color!!! :blob8:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Simms I'm by no way an expert...I just have a little experience with some of the bulbs and have spent alot of time reading and researching about UVB sources.

The PowerSun was the orginal MVB I started out with I used them for years. Both 160watt and 100watt. However the PowerSun 100watt was the first MVB to have changes made to it causing major issues in beardies about 2 years ago. The 160watt remained the same they didn't change it. However 160watt is to much for my present vivs so that was one reason I jumped brands. Plus the one beardie that was under the 100watt ended up with issues before word was out that there had been changes made...which ticked me off that it could have killed my baby. They never removed those bulbs from the shelves an I'm not even sure they fixed the problem.

There's alot of information on this site to absorb about UVB. There is also a graph included within this site for the PowerSuns. http://www.uvguide.co.uk/
Also if you have not read this article it may be informational to you.
http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/uvintro/

h2simms

Juvie Member
Thanks, I have read the article but I heard good things at the reptile expo about them a a breeder swore by them but I won't use them cause the issues.

MissT

BD.org Addict
fresnowitte":12orudvd said:
Plus the one beardie that was under the 100watt ended up with issues before word was out that there had been changes made...which ticked me off that it could have killed my baby. They never removed those bulbs from the shelves an I'm not even sure they fixed the problem.

Yep, that was my Miss Abu.... I think I was the first one to report it here and it was her thread that became the sticky for it. She was never herself after that and passed away about 2-3 months after the bulb was removed. She was under the powersun light for less than 48 hours. I dont know if the bulb was responsible but it definitely didnt help - I know that my family blame me for it!! It was a horrible feeling her, watching her for the 2 weeks after the bulb was removed - thats how long it took for her eyes to open! I think thats what really got me to switch back to the Arcadia's - no reported issues - I couldnt bear to see another one of my babies go through what Abu did because of a mistake on my part!!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
It was a really good bulb :D before that messed with it. :banghead:
I felt it was really wrong of them to endanger so many reptiles by not addressing the problem and allowing them to stay in circulation. That was just wrong. I would have hoped when they were brought to the attention that there was an issue they would have pulled them. We depend on these UVB bulb companies to put out a dependable product.
See it was the inconsistency with the MVB's that caused me to change my mind sets and to Reptisuns. When any UVB bulb company has issues it's frustrating...and the more enclosure you have the more money their screw ups cost us and our beardies.

Yep I remember Christine as I posted about Bender in that thread I think???? There were actually a couple of threads was your's the one made into a sticky? That bulb was taking beardies down fast. :x
That's why I switched to Reptisun *no reported issues*...so worth the peace of mind isn't it? :wink:

h2simms

Juvie Member
K, now I will definitly not use them! One question I read about your ultraviolet light explaination page and UVA is important. What bulb brand puts off the most UVA as far as heat and UVA not UVB? Because it may spice up some more livelyness in my beardies lol!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
UVA is in all regular bright white emitting light bulbs. I use the Phillip's brand halogen flood bulbs I find them to work well with the reptisuns they run $4 to $6 a bulb unless you buy in bulk. I tried the spot ones too but they are much hotter as it's a tighter beam. They come in various wattage's so I've not had any problems finding the wattage that works best for each of my enclosures. Most of my enclosures worked great with a 60watt and a few minor height adjustments...however one room is warmer and one room is cooler than the room with 60's so I also am using a 45watt, 50watt, and one 75watt. You just have to figure out which one works best for your set up to get the correct amount of light and the correct temps.

h2simms

Juvie Member
Do you run any megarays? I bought one but it broke and I didn't get another but everybody loves them so, lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom