MVB- burning out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amber31190

Hatchling Member
My year is almost up on my mvb bulbs and was want to know if the mercury burns out, it will just become a basking blub or will the entire bulb go out?

Seiryu

Hatchling Member
I thought even MVB's were supposed to be replaced after 6 months myself. Correct me if I'm wrong on that anyone. Not that they don't still give off UVB at 10-12 months, but it's much lower than it started with at that point.

When they say "replace in 6 months" or "replace in 1 year" it does NOT mean the bulb actually burns out. It means at that point, the bulb is no longer producing sufficient UVB. So for a Mercury Vapor Bulb, it just becomes a basking bulb and the Fluorescent tube lights become extra lighting.

So yes, replace the bulb if you're at a year. And if anyone can say whether or not to replace MVBs after 6-7 months as well or if they do last a year?

Are you using a T-rex active UV heat or MegaRay? The PowerSun And Solar Glo don't give off nearly as much UVB as those two, and you'd be better off using a ReptiSun 10.0 Fluorescent tube light than the PowerSun or Solar Glo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom