Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I had not but I'm not surprised.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
The economy out here is horrible ( I live in Vegas but I'm in cali quite a bit) prices are out of control and so is crime. Someone told me just today he had been paying over 3k per month for a studio apartment.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The economy out here is horrible ( I live in Vegas but I'm in cali quite a bit) prices are out of control and so is crime. Someone told me just today he had been paying over 3k per month for a studio apartment.
Yep I am watching the news but mostly read on the internet of the world disaster that is happening- I live 2 hrs out of the twin cities and the crime and hijackings and theft of cars is unbelievable - now they are having issues w/ people stealing the copper wiring out of the lamp posts in one of the suburbs-- there are no consequences for the actions of the people that are doing this so its basically a free for all -- MN a totally run democrat state - now w/ all the laws etc that were so rushed into place when they completely took over they are having back lash on some of them - and having to call a special recession to try and fix what they did not think before enacting them into law---------- pathetic!!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
The stuff that is going on is total insanity. I'm originally from Kentucky and am conservative to the core. It's hard to watch the news and see what's happening to America.
It scares the crap outta me to think how bad it may get for folks that keep reptiles and other exotic pets. It's not like we can feed them table scraps, and the *****s have already banned incandescent light bulbs, what's next?
Then you have the nonsense going on in Florida, if they had their ways they would kill the reptile hobby outright.
That's largely why i frequent this forum, the more folks we can educate on proper care the more likely we keep the hobby.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
The stuff that is going on is total insanity. I'm originally from Kentucky and am conservative to the core. It's hard to watch the news and see what's happening to America.
It scares the crap outta me to think how bad it may get for folks that keep reptiles and other exotic pets. It's not like we can feed them table scraps, and the *****s have already banned incandescent light bulbs, what's next?
Then you have the nonsense going on in Florida, if they had their ways they would kill the reptile hobby outright.
That's largely why i frequent this forum, the more folks we can educate on proper care the more likely we keep the hobby.
That seems to be everywhere w/ the reptiles -- the shelters are horrendous w/ dogs and cats -- San Antonia shelter is killing dogs off every day they are so overwhelmed and I am talking like 8-10 dogs per day-- but I agree things in the States are looking very bad!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it was coming if Biden was put in office tho -- and he has exceeded my expectations of how bad things were going to be --

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
That seems to be everywhere w/ the reptiles -- the shelters are horrendous w/ dogs and cats -- San Antonia shelter is killing dogs off every day they are so overwhelmed and I am talking like 8-10 dogs per day-- but I agree things in the States are looking very bad!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it was coming if Biden was put in office tho -- and he has exceeded my expectations of how bad things were going to be --
Yeah its too bad the big orange crook is gone. He did such a wonderful job. Hopefully he'll never get in again.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Here in vegas they have banned pet stores from selling dogs altogether, I think it goes onto effect in 2024.
It's kindda lame though the pet trade on Craigslist type apps will just go into high gear.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Here in vegas they have banned pet stores from selling dogs altogether, I think it goes onto effect in 2024.
It's kindda lame though the pet trade on Craigslist type apps will just go into high gear.
I suppose I am never on Craigslist- we adopted a mix chocolate lab/ pit a little over 1 year ago I would go get another dog but I am getting too old to keep up w/ dogs - the one we adopted has taken to my husband and hes 4 going on 5 come Feb I think- and I have a part time dog during the week that my son drops off shes a American Bull/ black lab - I have them both during the day / late night so I am busy w/ them and 5 cats and 2 dragons - none of the cats or dogs bother the dragons- they are not interested in them but sniffing them --

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
I just left the dentist for a Temp crown & there were people selling puppies across the street in a car.
I don't know if that law is in effect in Washington.

I don't talk to people like that. It must be kind of weird to sell dogs on the streets. I'm not against people that do it.
My Cat's not worth any money so why should there dogs be worth 200$?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I priced a boxer pup here just out of curiosity after they enacted the ban. They wanted 2,400 dollars. I hurt the gurls feelings laughing at her. (That was in a pet store)
I would never buy a dog anyways i would do a rescue first.
I'm more a cat person anyways, but nothing could replace my beardies. They are hands down my goto pet 😁.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I suppose I am never on Craigslist- we adopted a mix chocolate lab/ pit a little over 1 year ago I would go get another dog but I am getting too old to keep up w/ dogs - the one we adopted has taken to my husband and hes 4 going on 5 come Feb I think- and I have a part time dog during the week that my son drops off shes a American Bull/ black lab - I have them both during the day / late night so I am busy w/ them and 5 cats and 2 dragons - none of the cats or dogs bother the dragons- they are not interested in them but sniffing them --
Thats the way i am with ferrets. I love them but I'm just not able to get down on the floor and give them the attention they need. Ours have all passed now so that chapter is over. But they ARE darned cute lol.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thats the way i am with ferrets. I love them but I'm just not able to get down on the floor and give them the attention they need. Ours have all passed now so that chapter is over. But they ARE darned cute lol.
I could never get passed the smell

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
They definitely have a funk lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom