Mufasa and Norberta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already introduced me and Fasa, but I thought you all might like to see his cuteness, lol. I also have a question for you professionals: do you have any idea what morph he is?
82607-7214899291.jpg
82607-6370805064.jpg
Here he is sleeping in his new tree, slept in it all of last night.
Mufasa will just sit on my chest and nap or watch whats going on. ;)
One last question: Half the time he doesn't eat his crickets, is there anything I can do to help him eat?
Well, I think that's all for now! :) :)
Makayla.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh thank you! Mine eat smalls, I will definitely order some soon. Yes, a colony will make it soo much easier I will look into starting one. Five years, nice!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I just always have roaches to feed the ones who eat them. It's great! I've also started 5 other colonies that are still going strong, too. It's illegal to have roaches in Canada, drag, but I was lucky enough to meet someone here who didn't want their colony anymore, had more than 2000 roaches for $60, so I shared :D

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well, it's been a few days (sorry), but I've got a few pics. I've been letting them run around on my bed while I'm on it and Norberta has discovered her facination with windows, lol! She loves watching cars pass by.
82607-7696460071.jpg
Mufasa climbed on my leg Friday I think and she had been shedding her back/belly. I looked over at her and she was melted on my leg with a grey beard and she looked miserable, poor thing.
82607-2316559633.jpg
She got it all off that day, so she's been feeling much better. :) Norbertas head looks like it will start shedding, her nose area is all light colored. I've been letting my sibs hold them a little and they love it, Norberta even behaved!!! XD
82607-3001613924.jpg
Mufasa of course was a good cuddle bug, lol. My heat lamp should come Monday, yay! ;)
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thanks for the great pictures! They both look healthy and happy. I'm glad they're getting along in their tank until you can get the 2nd set up done. It's always great when they get along :D

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm glad they get along too, lol! I saw Leo and Gabriel got full pages in the calendar, congrats!! My heat lamp came just a little bit ago, it's a Zoo Med with two 100 wat bulbs.
82607-9897310687.jpg
82607-6115989569.jpg
Still trying to figure out how best to set everything up, going to check the temps later and readjust.
82607-6164613739.jpg
82607-6143019483.jpg
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad you got a good dome for basking, temps are so important. Do you have a good temperature guage for the basking spot? The round temps are for ambient air temps only. Accurite has a good digital one with a probe that you attach to the basking spot, gives accurate temps and doesn't cost much.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry for the late reply! I do not have a good temp qauge, I have my pathetic science kit one and its saying about 120 F with both bulbs on, so I'm only using one right now an it's at 105 ish. Should I use both? I don't want to burn them. They both seem to like the heat, they seem happier. :)
Funny story, I was sitting on my bed typing for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and I like to snuggle them while I write. So Mufasa snuggled down for a cat nap beside the computer and Norberta was running around like a crazy person, so I put her in my shirt to try and keep her still. She crawled around everywhere then decided that she would curl up in my arm pit. :-D She circled around a few times then fell asleep! XD I dont know how it was comfortable, but it was hilarious!
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They sure can make us laugh! I saw their pictures in the calendars, so sweet. My gang are in Calendar D, Gabriel and Leo got full pages :D The other three, Cierra, Nathaniel and Castiel had great pictures, too. Alex went out of his way this year making 5 calendars and so many full pages, it's just aweseome!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
They can!! That's so great they got full pages!!!! It is awesome, I can't wait to get my hands on a calendar, lol. It would be a lot of hard work to make those, Alex is great. :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He really is, he does so much work on this site. It's the first year he's done calendars this way, with alot of full pages. Normally it's 2-3 calendars, this is the first year it's 5 calendars!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Five calenders is alot! :)
Well, it's Norbertas turn to be miserable, lol! She's finally started to shed her head, and she's not enjoying it. I come upstairs and find her using Mufasa as a pillow, then she started rubbing on Mufasa and so I took Mufasa out and we are snuggling while Norberta lays around upstairs, poor girl.
82607-9472877336.jpg
82607-6614666632.jpg
82607-2014649469.jpg
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
No matter what size they are, shedding is miserable, hot and itchy. So give her a few baths, that will help her alot when shedding.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Norbertas gotten it off and is feeling better now, running around and basking. :) The crazy girl won't sit still unless she's in her tank on her rock or tree, lol! Mufasa has been noticeably more active, especially when she's out, she loves to snuggle but now she runs around and explores. They like to split up and make it harder to keep track of, LOL! We also have a funny situation with our tree, Norberta keeps knocking it over on accident, she jumps in, unbalances it and it comes crashing down! Then they both just sit in the tree until I fix it! :-D
82607-5664322260.jpg
82607-9105303133.jpg
This was what happened this morning, lol. Also, I finally got to meet and hold my new baby brother, he was born Friday evening and came home today, he's so cute! :)
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Congratulations on your new baby brother! How exciting!

As for the tree, have no idea, guess you'll need to find a sturdier base to hold it up.

They're so cute and doing so well!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you! :) He's adorable.
Yeah, lol, we'll find something for the tree. I measured them yesterday and Norberta has hit 7" and Mufasa is just a smidgen off of 5"! Mufasa has the tip of her tail that still hasn't shed yet, I'll try and get a pic of it later. I wrapped them in their blankets last night before lights out and they didn't stay. Norberta ran around then found her way into the tree, while Mufasa moved a little from her blanket and gave up against the wall and slept like this all night.
82607-7743369839.jpg
I took this this morning cause she was still like that! Norberta shlumped in her tree.
82607-1815252737.jpg
Makayla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom