Mufasa and Norberta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already introduced me and Fasa, but I thought you all might like to see his cuteness, lol. I also have a question for you professionals: do you have any idea what morph he is?
82607-7214899291.jpg
82607-6370805064.jpg
Here he is sleeping in his new tree, slept in it all of last night.
Mufasa will just sit on my chest and nap or watch whats going on. ;)
One last question: Half the time he doesn't eat his crickets, is there anything I can do to help him eat?
Well, I think that's all for now! :) :)
Makayla.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok, posting again, lol! I got Mufasa and Norberta out for some food and to play around before lights out, and I had them by the bookshelf. Norberta thinks it's the best playground ever, lol!
82607-8949497682.jpg
82607-5564592034.jpg
Mufasa just enjoyed the warm lamp (it's getting chilly here and our house is not very warm), and then Norberta decided that she was tired....
82607-7549145990.jpg
And fell asleep in the books! :-D When I finally got her out after maybe 20 min I dragged her out and she was all bleary eyed and half asleep, and fell back asleep on the rock, cutest thing ever. :) :)
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They will and they'll do even better when they both have their 40 gallon breeders. You still have a few months, though, before it's an issue :D

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The light arrived!!!!!!!!
Well, I'm still trying to find a good way to make it fit, lol, but here it is atm.
82607-3115072800.jpg
Do you think this will help/work for them until I can get separate tanks? Sorry the pic is fuzzy and upside-down. :)
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You just need to get it inside the tank, check the DIY (Do It Yourself) forum, post a question there and someone will help you. Glad you got it. You should be ok with them in that tank for 2 more months but no longer than that. Then you'll need to get 2 40 gallon tanks with lights. Even if you just get 1 set up, at least you can separate them within 2 mo, then get the other set up asap.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Will do. :) :) Oh, guess what? Mufasa ate four crickets yesterday evening!! That's like, a record for her (sadly). Gotta get more crickets, lol.
Makayla.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So it sounds like I MIGHT be getting a second tank this week (Emphasis on might lol). I probably won't have enough $ for lights though, but at least I'll have one of the bigger tanks. :)
They just finished eating crickets, (of course I forgot to calcium them... I feel like a bad mom) and Norberta ate 15 and Mufasa ate 7. I'll try and feed them again later and dust them.
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Keep feeding them, the light and sunshine should help bulk up their appetites. Glad you might be getting a bigger tank. There will be another $1 sale not too long down the road (I think January), so that would be a great time to get a 2nd tank.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So I was able to get a 40 gallon tank!! I have them both in it atm (at least they have more room) and am working on getting better lights and mounting the uvb in the tank.
82607-1481132871.jpg
I got them out of the tree this morning to eat a little and Norberta arm waved a bunch, it's kinda funny to watch.
82607-4754880378.jpg
Mufasa chilling in the tree.
82607-9979648292.jpg
They've been eating more also! :)
Makayla.
P.S. I'm sorry my pics are all upside down, I think it's because of my cell.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad you got the 40 gallon, much more room for them. Check out the DIY section & ask others how they got the tube inside the tank, you'll find help there.

Keep checking for Pet Co's $1/gallon sale so you can get another 40 gallon. It'll be much cheaper!

Thanks for the pics, I just turned my laptop upside down to see them, so cute!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thought I'd share some pics from this mornings photo shoot, lol!
82607-2106100470.jpg
Norberta's close up.
82607-1839411073.jpg
Mufasa's close up.
82607-974216289.jpg
Seeing how long Norberta is against my hand.
82607-6058328571.jpg
And Mufasa.
82607-6518993983.jpg
Both of them looking at the camera, lol, Norberta is a show off when she realizes that I'm taking her picture.
Makayla

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They are just so cute and look much better nourished than the first pictures you posted. Looks like they get along, too. So glad to see their sweet little faces :D

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I didn't get a picture but Mufasa is almost 5" from head to tail!!! (Keeping in mind she is missing part of her tail since I got her) Norberta is now almost 7" from head to tail!
82607-8605382894.jpg
The sun hits part of their tank during the afternoon for a bit and so I plopped them on their rock for sunshine. I've also ordered some small dubia roaches for them to try, hopefully they'll enjoy them. Still waiting for them to get here, lol.
Makayla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom