Mufasa and Norberta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already introduced me and Fasa, but I thought you all might like to see his cuteness, lol. I also have a question for you professionals: do you have any idea what morph he is?
82607-7214899291.jpg
82607-6370805064.jpg
Here he is sleeping in his new tree, slept in it all of last night.
Mufasa will just sit on my chest and nap or watch whats going on. ;)
One last question: Half the time he doesn't eat his crickets, is there anything I can do to help him eat?
Well, I think that's all for now! :) :)
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Makayla. Don`t forget that unless the window is open, they won`t get any UVB through the glass. But still, nice to warm them up more. I`m glad they`re growing!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Here are some pics from breakfast. Missed Mufasa actually eating, lol, but Norberta was attacking the food, LOL. :)
82607-7922158856.jpg
82607-3503764775.jpg
82607-8431834383.jpg
Salad today was carrot, apple and collards. We have quite a few butternut squash lying around that need used so I'll try that next, lol.
Makayla.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I ordered roaches a week or so ago and yesterday they came! Breakfast today was yummy roaches, Mufasa and Norberta both enjoyed them. :) I don't have any pictures of Norberta atm, but me and Mufasa have been spending time snuggling together today.
82607-9289376582.jpg
82607-2147325641.jpg
82607-385124265.jpg
My pretty girl is finishing shedding her legs and tail right now, hence the odd feet lol.
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh she's pretty and am so glad they are enjoying those roaches. Give them as many as they'll eat at least twice a day and they'll grow, grow, grow. Are you having any luck getting a 2nd set up yet?
Looks like they're doing fine together but hopefully you can get another set up soon.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you Deb, she is a pretty girl. :) I will remember to feed them twice or at least leave some in a bowl in the tank. No I am not... I'm going to start working on getting an actual basking light so they don't freeze this winter. You mentioned that in Jan there will be a dollar per gal sale, I may have to wait till then (but I'll try and get it sooner!!). They do seem to do fine together, they are happier when they get out of their tank for a while, lol! Neither like to be stuck in their cage alone or together (I need to lizard proof the bedroom so they can run around ;).
Wrote an epic again, lol, :)
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Do you not have a basking light and basking platforms? That's REALLY important as important as the UVB light. Are you talking about a ceramic heat emitter? That's the coiled light that gives off heat but no light for nighttime or to just add heat to a tank that already has a basking light but doesn't heat up the rest of the tank.

And yes, they're both beautiful dragons. They definitely need to eat at least twice a day & separately so you know they're getting enough food. Otherwise they just won't grow.

I'm not sure if it's in January, the $1/gallon sale, I think they have a couple a year, you just have to keep your eye out for their ads.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I do have a basking light, it's just not a very good one. When I got the first tank it came with heat lamp and that's what I've been using but I want to get them a proper one that at will last. As for basking platform they use their tree cause it's the highest thing in the tank.
82607-6852982724.jpg
82607-8172104046.jpg
82607-8932926110.jpg
I am feeding them separately, Mufasa adores the roaches and Norberta eats them but I don't think she likes them as much, lol. Thank you so much for your help Deb. :)
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Any time Makayla. I've been helped by so many people over the 9 years I've had dragons that I love to help others, in other words, pass my knowledge along to help. If you need anything, just let me know. And more pics, please, when you can!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh, don't ask for more pics, lol! I've spent most of the time I've been home taking pics today!
82607-2333716611.jpg
Norberta this morning.
82607-1432321477.jpg
Measuring them both. :)
82607-6853144974.jpg
Breakfast was roaches and collards, Mufasa adores them both and cleaned the dish quickly.
82607-842673672.jpg
While Mufasa was eating her roaches I had to hold Norberta away from the food bowl and she kept trying to jump down and eat them, lol.
82607-5822389293.jpg
She was semi patient and finally got her turn to fill up on roaches. ;)
82607-8083485658.jpg
Then this afternoon we had bath time. I made the mistake of putting my hand in and Mufasa used me as a ladder and thought she had won the bath wars, lol.
82607-2733861450.jpg
Towards the end Norberta decided she was completely done and wouldn't hold still, lol, she wanted out.
82607-4583572825.jpg
And finally drying off on the towel. The funny part is that when I first put Norberta into the bath she was dark and grumpy looking and by the time she gets out if the bath (which she doesn't really like) her beard is pure white and she has her light happy colors on.
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They're hard to figure when it comes to baths. I think it's the warm water that brings out their prettiest colours, even if they don't like it.

Are you giving them 2nd helpings of roaches when you feed them? You might try that, seeing as they love them so much!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have been doing seconds, but I've pretty much run out of roaches. Got some crickets yesterday, but definitely want to get more roaches. (I personally prefer them, they don't jump, euuhg) Do you know of any place I can order a ton of roaches for a reasonable price? I used LLL Reptile last time.
We just finished bath time and I have Norberta on my chest and Mufasa snuggled in the towel on my lap.
82607-8294956609.jpg
82607-4342096341.jpg
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh my, they are so cute, I'm glad they're doing so well.

http://gordosfeederbugz.com/

This lady seems to have the best prices. Smalls 300 for $23, what size do yours eat? I can't find anyone who has better prices, but I have another one to check. I also got really good reviews for this lady, Tamara Zamora. I was told she gives the absolute best prices. So hope that works well for you. You should eventually look into buying a colony. Start with 100 females and 30 males and within 4 months you'll have tons of babies! It's a thought for when you have more $. Once the colony is established, it's perpetual food. I've had my colonies for more than 5 years and they're still going strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom