Mouth open

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
So we got back from the beach yesterday in good shape. The lizards all went back to their regular routine relatively easily and almost immediately. I've noticed something, though. I don't know if he's done it in the past and I just didn't see or if it's new but since Nubby has been more dominant acting, if he sees toothless (toothless in his tank and nubby out our vice versa), he starts puffing up, tail flicking, etc. But at some point, he will open his mouth, like he's gaping but he isn't. He isn't hissing, he just opens his mouth for a minute. Is that normal.?

Also, when I turned their lights on this morning, within a minute or two of him crawling out of bed, he opened his mouth a little bit. He wasn't gaping, he was still relatively chilly this morning but I Don know what it was. No wheezing, no bubbles from his nose or breathing weird or any respiratory symptoms. He's basking, eating and pooping normal and acting totally normal. Should I be concerned.?

The picture is him opening his mouth while puffing up and stuff when he saw Toothless.

Attachments

• 20230715_135141.jpg
    20230715_135141.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 351

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I was actually talking about the frog and rabbit hats lol
Frog, dragon, drog
Rabbit, beardie, babbit 😁
I still think Toothless looks debonair πŸ™‚
Zen is like that, just without the tail wadging, Snickers is the one that lashes her tail.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I was actually talking about the frog and rabbit hats lol
Frog, dragon, drog
Rabbit, beardie, babbit 😁
I still think Toothless looks debonair πŸ™‚
Zen is like that, just without the tail wadging, Snickers is the one that lashes her tail.
Oh yeah, those hats are fantastic, I love them so much.

And toothless is definitely a little gentleman. I even got Nova in it and she looks wonderful with her little smiling face🀣🀣

Attachments

• 20230821_140716.jpg
    20230821_140716.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 45

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. πŸ˜”
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom