Mouth open

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
So we got back from the beach yesterday in good shape. The lizards all went back to their regular routine relatively easily and almost immediately. I've noticed something, though. I don't know if he's done it in the past and I just didn't see or if it's new but since Nubby has been more dominant acting, if he sees toothless (toothless in his tank and nubby out our vice versa), he starts puffing up, tail flicking, etc. But at some point, he will open his mouth, like he's gaping but he isn't. He isn't hissing, he just opens his mouth for a minute. Is that normal.?

Also, when I turned their lights on this morning, within a minute or two of him crawling out of bed, he opened his mouth a little bit. He wasn't gaping, he was still relatively chilly this morning but I Don know what it was. No wheezing, no bubbles from his nose or breathing weird or any respiratory symptoms. He's basking, eating and pooping normal and acting totally normal. Should I be concerned.?

The picture is him opening his mouth while puffing up and stuff when he saw Toothless.

Attachments

• 20230715_135141.jpg
    20230715_135141.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 351

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
My girlfriend spent a hundred friggen dollars last Christmas on drees up, I'm keeping her outta the pet stores this year lol

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
If Zen even hears Snickers move he goes crazy to. I love having more than one. Those of us that are lucky enough to have a mixed batch get to see SO much more of their behavior and quarks. It makes them much more fun to keep.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
If Zen even hears Snickers move he goes crazy to. I love having more than one. Those of us that are lucky enough to have a mixed batch get to see SO much more of their behavior and quarks. It makes them much more fun to keep.
It's definitely a ride. Toothless is so fast so one second he's on the bed, the next he's gone and flying off the bed, thinking he can move through glass into the other tanks. Tanks he can't even see through because they're covered. I swear they're just all sharing one brain cell.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen is well over 1k grams, but if he decides to take off there isn't a chance in hell of catching him. He looks fat but man can he move.
I've noticed something else to. They are supposed to be semiaboreal so you would think getting down would come natural to them. All 5 of my guys will walk right off an edge like they have no understanding or fear of falling. It's scares the crap out of me everytime.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom