Mounting fixture inside tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwideman

Hatchling Member
Okay, so I've read that people have used 3M Command hooks to mount the UVB fixture. My question is: How? Just use the included tape and throw out the hook?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
What most people do is buy this $10 fixture at Walmart and there is a gap between it and the light and people put the hooks on there. I have a special screen for my viv that has a bar running down the middle so that it opens on one side or the other so I screwed it in to the side I do not use.

jwideman

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
zandi202":3mse8ez5 said:
What most people do is buy this $10 fixture at Walmart and there is a gap between it and the light and people put the hooks on there. I have a special screen for my viv that has a bar running down the middle so that it opens on one side or the other so I screwed it in to the side I do not use.

I keep hearing about this "$10 fixture." It doesn't exist.

XiDiS

Juvie Member
jwideman":27eq6vn9 said:
zandi202":27eq6vn9 said:

I keep hearing about this "$10 fixture." It doesn't exist.

Lol it does exist actually. I found one at a local home depot. Granted it was 12$ but thats up here in canada so its about the same.

jwideman

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ugh, that's why I never found it. Was looking in the wrong place. I did find the 18" somewhere else and paid WAY too much.
Anyway, I mounted using the tape itself, which worked out great. Now I have these hooks I don't need...

rutro123

jwideman":13nlw56i said:
Ugh, that's why I never found it. Was looking in the wrong place. I did find the 18" somewhere else and paid WAY too much.
Anyway, I mounted using the tape itself, which worked out great. Now I have these hooks I don't need...

Me too. Big apple pet supply had it. Triple price

krusty46

I actually got mine from Amazon; paid a few dollars more because none of my local Home Depots/Walmarts had it when I needed it, but it was still less than $14 shipped with tax at the time.

I also mounted it under the screen with screws, using a leftover strip of door frame molding to mount it to on top of the screen. Hoods are easily double the price and sit too far away from my basking spot.

Ophiophilist

Hatchling Member
They're in the hardware/home improvement section near the bathroom fixtures, fans, air conditioners, etc. That's where I found mine anyway. I used industrial-strength velcro to attach mine to the inside, just be sure you have the thing placed exactly right before sticking it on the glass because they aren't kidding, that stuff is strong.

Just picked up the "Lights of America" 18" fixture the other day at WalMart, was just over $8 after taxes. Ordered the ReptiSun off PetMountain like Zandi said above...cost $20! Can't believe how good their prices are :shock:

Wetbee

my lights of america fixtures are cheapies indeed, light weight, and getting the bulbs seated in them is not easy as the pins are almost too long, but got it done, every once in awhile, the bulb will unseat and i have to twist it again. I used industrial velcro from home depot to mount them inside. I got a pkg of 2/4" pieces and cut them into 4/2x2 pcs. works great! and my hubby is pleased cuz its one less job on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adhdogtraining
Top Bottom