Modge podge questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibz117

First I'm sorry if there is a forum about this already. How long does modge podge have to cure before you can place it in the viv with the dragon?

doe222

Juvie Member
Mod podge dries pretty fast. Its dry to the touch within an hour or so. I would let it sit overnight. If you did faux rock make sure you do more than 1 coat do like 3-4. I used to use mod podge but the stuff wears down and is noticably affected by the heat after long periods of time. I would look into some poly sealers in the paint section. Minwax sells a clear poly for 9$ that worked great with only 2 coatings.

gibz117

Original Poster
Thank you. I just need it because I put tile down on my viv instead of what I had and wanted to put some sand on it for traction. I got the washed and filtered play sand for the traction.

doe222

Juvie Member
After putting mod podge down and sprinkling sand on it, i would do a waterd down coat of modpodge over it too keep the sand from being pulled off. just add a little watter too a bit of modpodge. you really dont need a lot of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom