Adhesive for Background?

IswearIsawadragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Elliot
Hi friends!
So before I dive into my question, I wanted to give a little update on Elliot! After his vet visit he was put on an antibiotic for RI and he seems to be doing great! The mouth popping is at a bare minimum already and he's only about halfway through the round of antibiotics so things are definitely looking up😄 The enclosure that we set up for him was only decorated to give him the basic necessities while we were monitoring him and getting him back to health, but now that he's doing better it's time to add some pizzazz!🥳
I have everything ready for him (well, besides a couple items, but I figured those could be added in after the big overhaul for alittle enrichment) and the last thing I was trying to get was a desert background. I have it all ready to go and I was about to order it when I realized I had no idea how I was going to attach it😅 I have a Zen Habitat enclosure so it's bamboo wood walls, which is pretty so if this background idea doesn't work out it's not the end of the world, I just thought it would look nice haha. Anyways! I see alot of people recommending Mod Podge, double sided tape, or a silicone to attach things safely inside of the enclosure, however people have also mentioned that mod podge isn't very heat resistant and with my basking bulb being right over top of it (it'll be placed close to the back left corner) I'm afraid it'll melt and detach and cause all sorts of problems. I've also seen people saying that using tape inside of enclosures isn't good for the reptile and that it also breaks down at higher temperatures, which may or may not give off fumes? I couldn't really find much about that part of it, and as for the silicone wouldn't it give the background a ripple effect? Is there any other alternative by chance?
Also sorry if these questions were already answered somewhere else😅

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If it's bamboo could you just use thumb tacts? Not the long plastic ones. The little rounded ones.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom