Midwest Ice Storm a Threat for Beardie Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Elaina":c35b8 said:
beardie parents":c35b8 said:
That plus the boring drive between Davenport and De Moines. All I remember about that area is corn fields and maybe a house, barn and silo or two.
That's how it is here. You always feel like your driving FOREVER because all you see is..Nothing.

I was born in Fremont Nebraska. I think it's the same way there. My family moved from Nebraska when I was 5 1/2 years old. I don't remember much about that state, just that it's about the same way.

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wind blowing like crazy and most of my family out of power. We have power. We have Tatty's eggs with us at 84 degrees and she is expecting again soon. I wonder if I ought to keep one and call him "icy"? We have another storm on the way for Tuesday and Wednesday. Sleet, freezing rain, and snow.

Thanks for all your thoughts everyone. Its a wonderful feeling to see how problems and concerns can bring out the best in us all. May God Bless each and everyone one of you for your concern and I hope he keeps you all safe as well. :D

Tatty

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Keep us in your prayers, another ice storm is on the way for Tuesday and Tuesday night and they are expecting significant accumulation. If I can just keep heat for my babies and their eggs and my very pregnant little Tatty Girl, I will be happy. They have now declared this county an emergency area and warming shelters are set up all over the county.

J>E. aka Tatty

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Glad y'all are keeping warm Tatty (and whole family!) -- we just hit subzero here in Ohio, my daughter and I had to run to the store, and the wind just took our breath away getting back to the van!

Keep those eggs warm, and your preggers girl snuggly -- if she doesn't feel distress from you, she'll be way more comfortable! I hope you don't get more ice rain!

Maybe if we all start a chant...
warm up, warm up, warm up, warm up... :D

Trogdor80

Hatchling Member
Its been a few years since we had a significant snow down this way, like '94, so when ever we get one(whether its this winter, or next, or a few down the line) there will be outages.

By significant I'm talking over 6" or like an inch of ice with it. We've had a few gimpy like 3-5" snows since then.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Trogdor-
I bet we get some good snow this year. It was 9 degrees here in Manchester this morning, still only 20 at 10:30! My well actually froze. :banghead: It hasn't done that since we moved here, I know it's nothing compared to the North and Midwest, But it was 70 degrees here Friday for goodness sake. I wanted to send them my warm, didn't want any of their cold. :lol: Guess that didn't work out right.

Sandy H

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wow! What a fluctuation. From 70 to 9. Where is Manchester? Is it in the UK?

Tatty

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Right Trogdor, We are just an hour out from Nashville. They got a lovely snow Friday-we got frozen slush. :(
Yesterday our pump froze, so no water till we put a small heater in the pumphouse, And it thawed pretty fast. We are up above freezing today, 34 already. It is supposed to go up over 60 for Christmas day. Talk about a roller-coaster ride! Is it suumer? Is it winter? No it's SUWINTER! :lol:

Sandy H

PS I've been to Manchester in England, nice place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom