Midwest Ice Storm a Threat for Beardie Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
For all our friends out West who haven't seen snow or felt the -12 F nights ... (although I heard 8 inches of snow in Las Vegas yesterday?!?) -- this is our grass after the ice settled in, and the picture was taken after a few hours of melting!
ice-grass.jpg

and this is our poor young Japanese Maple -- the leaf was suspended in the ice, and looked kinda cool -- trunk wraps don't help here!
ice-japmaple1.jpg

the cherry tree looked cool, too:
ice-cherry.jpg

we're frozen in time for a few days :D Snuggle your beardies!

threecupsofcoffee

Hatchling Member
wow, we've been seeing these storms on tv but never encountered anything like them in the south of uk. Good luck to all of you, they look horrendous.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
OMG, I'm so glad your power is already back. It's an eerie sound when you look around and power lines are coated in ice to the point where they are sagging to the ground. It's scary driving under trees that you can hear snapping and popping and you can only drive 5mph. It's a freaky, freaky sound hearing crack, pop, and NO car engines. Yuck. One of these days, I will get out of the newspaper industry so that I can just stay home when the weather turns bad.

I'm so glad you were able to save the eggs and keep everyone warm. Here's hoping you keep your power and everything can start to melt soon. What ever happened to snow? I'm going back to Texas.. :)

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
1220080758a12.jpg

Here is a picture of my babies waking up this morning. This is Cooper, Popcorn, and Tatty. Tatty is expecting again. I also transported the eggs back home today so I could monitor them. There are still 15,000 people without power and we have high winds coming tonight and tomorrow. Our Church service is even canceled tomorrow. Currently we are getting some sleet right now. I am so happy my babies are ok and pray for everyone else.

Tatty :mrgreen:

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e114/tatty_028/1220080758a12.jpg[/IMG]

I hope this works. I want people to see my babies.

Tatty

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
You all in this current ice storm have our prayers. Christmas time is not a time to loose power.
I moved to Iowa with my parents and brother in the summer of 1978. The following winter was the worst one in like 25 or 30 years. I remember having an ice storm during that winter. It wasn't nearly as bad as the ones you all are experiencing now. I don't remember loosing power, if we did, it wasn't for very long. I do remember the cold and snow. That's why I don't want to move back there. That plus the boring drive between Davenport and De Moines. All I remember about that area is corn fields and maybe a house, barn and silo or two. Being used to Southern Arizona, with all it's varying mountains, it's never "boring" to drive anywhere, except maybe the interstate between Picacho Peak and Phoenix, AZ. That's all sand and flat. I do thank you for all the pics. That's all I want to experience of your cold weather.

wizbee

Juvie Member
Wish I could send some Florida warmth your way. Keep safe. Give your beardies a snuggle for me.

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
We still have power, but the nightmare is beginning again. The wind is kicking up to 30 mph, we are getting more precipitation and family members and friends near us have just lost their power now. This thing could go on through Monday. I will just keep my fingers crossed and pray. Trees are also falling and breaking and it is dangerous just to step outside your house. I just got my eggs and incubator back home too!

Tatty :(

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks! Power went out again for a bunch of people in our county but not us. Temperatures are now below zero with winds up to 35 mph.

Tatty :cry:

Elaina

Juvie Member
beardie parents":7eb05 said:
That plus the boring drive between Davenport and De Moines. All I remember about that area is corn fields and maybe a house, barn and silo or two.
That's how it is here. You always feel like your driving FOREVER because all you see is..Nothing.

It is 1 degree here,without the windchill, starting to snow. Last I heard, we are getting more freezing rain tonight. Fun fun. I have heat packs and warm bodies for beardie snuggles. I hope that's enough, I can't afford much else :( But we aren't famous for losing power too much, hopefully that holds true!!!! If we do loose pwer for too long, we have friends and family we can go to. Thank God! Good luck and warm wishes everyone!!

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Elaina:

where are you located in the U.S.? Please let me know. We are having gusty winds about 40mph and now Southern Fulton County is experiencing outages. We still have power. Temperature is 1 degree. Windchills about 25 below. If you are west of us, your freezing rain and weather is what is predicted to hit us Tuesday. God be with you and everyone. We still have power and the eggs are on a cozy 84.

Tatty

colie06

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone without power i live in delaware at the beach and we don't get that stuff down here but when i lived in Wilmington we did so i know how weird it is with everything all iced up and can't go anywhere so just be safe out there and try to have a Happy Holiday :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom