Micro superworms....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam121oh

I just received these from the mail from Mulberry Farms. I guess I really was not prepared....
What do I store the worms in? Substrate? Do I need to feed them? How do I keep them alive?
Thanks,
Sam

william488

Juvie Member
my superworms, even my baby worms, I keep them in wheat bran for the beading, they eat it too. throw in potato, or carrots for moisture and other needed vitamins, etc. I also blend in alfalfa(ground to a powder), powdered bee pollen, and a few other things, but they also just thrive with fresh veggies (not any greens or letuce, atleast for my worms, they ignore it) and wheat brand works grate. the extra stuff I add like the bee pollen etc, is added to the main group of worms in a small ammount, but add more to my smaller bucket that I feed my beardies and geckos off of daily.

KayaMcrackin

Hatchling Member
william488":2x50g6fo said:
my superworms, even my baby worms, I keep them in wheat bran for the beading, they eat it too. throw in potato, or carrots for moisture and other needed vitamins, etc. I also blend in alfalfa(ground to a powder), powdered bee pollen, and a few other things, but they also just thrive with fresh veggies (not any greens or letuce, atleast for my worms, they ignore it) and wheat brand works grate. the extra stuff I add like the bee pollen etc, is added to the main group of worms in a small ammount, but add more to my smaller bucket that I feed my beardies and geckos off of daily.

not to bud in but i was just wondering how long does it take for your baby supers to grow into big supers?
thanks

william488

Juvie Member
just a few weeks to get to an ok size, for large, I would say another week or two as long as i give them the extra goodies. I feed them off at different stages of their size and just finally getting enough beetles to make enough so I don't have to buy them anymore.

KayaMcrackin

Hatchling Member
william488":3ktyh04b said:
just a few weeks to get to an ok size, for large, I would say another week or two as long as i give them the extra goodies. I feed them off at different stages of their size and just finally getting enough beetles to make enough so I don't have to buy them anymore.

okay awesome im starting a colony myself :) i have some pupae already im just waiting for them to hatch so they can mate and stuff i have a some more getting ready to turn into pupae. in the meantime i want to order myself some medium supers off mulberryfarms. (im getting medium because they are cheaper including shipping) thats why i asked how long does it take for them to grow because i was gonna get the medium and just have them in a container and care for them myself n feed them to my dragon as im waiting for my colony to get going. what do you think of this plan? :study:

Hello Kaya,
Glad to read your pupating some supers and your colony is underway!
How many worms are you stressing to pupate!
Bless,
Bill

KayaMcrackin

Hatchling Member
ScaleGripper":6vxl8f6r said:
Hello Kaya,
Glad to read your pupating some supers and your colony is underway!
How many worms are you stressing to pupate!
Bless,
Bill

hello!,
thanks im really excited for my pupae to hatch and become beetles! :blob5:
I want to pupate at least 70-100 worms but in order for me to do that i need to get some worms in bulk
my mother thinks its better to do that too and she wont let me take to many worms out from the ones she gets from the petstore so just for now im putting at least 7-10 worms away to pupate every week, until i get some worms in bulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom