How to grow crickets fast?

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
I ordered 1/4 by accident i need to grow them to about 3/8 how do i keep them alive long enough to grow them big enough to feed my girl?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Keep them hydrated and fed. Don't over crowd them, don't overheat them, don't over cool them, don't let them drown in their water. Say a prayer, say another just in case, cross your fingers.......
CRICKETS SUCK lol 😆

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
Keep them hydrated and fed. Don't over crowd them, don't overheat them, don't over cool them, don't let them drown in their water. Say a prayer, say another just in case, cross your fingers.......
CRICKETS SUCK lol 😆
Oh lovley i have them in a big deli cup 250
Could i use two deli cups ? I have carrots in there cuz there dumb craps and always kill themselfs with everything even cricket water gel thing im ginna have to say 12 prayers at this point there so small my beardie like cant see then n isnt as excited to eat them

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
A small tote would be better. For water i cut the bottom out of plastic water bottles and fill them full of cotton balls so the dummies don't drown. They dry out kindda fast so you have to keep tabs on them. (Once every day or two) Also for small crickets you'll probably need to give them something to climb on to get up to the water. I also use the bottoms of water bottles to put the food in so it isn't as messy. I used the store bought food when i was still feeding crickets.

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
A small tote would be better. For water i cut the bottom out of plastic water bottles and fill them full of cotton balls so the dummies don't drown. They dry out kindda fast so you have to keep tabs on them. (Once every day or two) Also for small crickets you'll probably need to give them something to climb on to get up to the water. I also use the bottoms of water bottles to put the food in so it isn't as messy. I used the store bought food when i was still feeding crickets.
Okay how deep should the totoe be they seem to be able to climb the deli cups never seen big crickets to that before they gripy little buggers

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I have grown crickets before I kept them in a tote deep enough where they can't jump out because you don't wanna close the lid because then they suffocate. What I would do is put tiny bit of water in a shallow bowl of some kind. I always buy Small crickets and then when they are big enough I give them to my Girl. But I gotta agree they are the pits to grow up since they do like to find ways how to kill themselves

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I agree, deep enough that they can't jump out. If your handy you can use a drill or soldiering iron to put holes in the lid so you can keep the lid on. Good airflow is helpful in keeping them alive, and also keeping the smell down.

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
I have grown crickets before I kept them in a tote deep enough where they can't jump out because you don't wanna close the lid because then they suffocate. What I would do is put tiny bit of water in a shallow bowl of some kind. I always buy Small crickets and then when they are big enough I give them to my Girl. But I gotta agree they are the pits to grow up since they do like to find ways how to kill themselves
Ive never seen animals so dumb but squirls but even then they avoid death crickets will squish themselfs to death its crazy i hate them but my beardie loves them

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Yes most of the time Animals avoid death and Crickets love to just kill themselves it's the weirdest thing but at least they're a nice snack for Beardies 😆

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
Yes most of the time Animals avoid death and Crickets love to just kill themselves it's the weirdest thing but at least they're a nice snack for Beardies 😆
Yeah at first she didnt like them so i switched to bsfls now when she spots a cricket she gets so excited shell glass surf shell run to the side of her tank to get them shes obsessed which is why im upset at myself for buying ones to small she cant see them and isnt as happy for them so this week im going to go in store n buy some for her

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Yeah at first she didnt like them so i switched to bsfls now when she spots a cricket she gets so excited shell glass surf shell run to the side of her tank to get them shes obsessed which is why im upset at myself for buying ones to small she cant see them and isnt as happy for them so this week im going to go in store n buy some for her
Mine does the same thing!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom