Metabolic gout medicine help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Was he diagnosed through a blood test at a vet? They should of prescribed allopurinol and you get it from a compounding pharmacy.

kerib86

Original Poster
Yes she was. He did prescribe a thing for her surprisingly...he said he'd call today with answers for a specific formulated gout treatment just for her, he had gout treatment for mammals but wanted to do something a little different for her, each day that passes I just feel her suffering...I've been giving her cherry juice to help with uric acid break down and just feeding her a specialized formula, she won't eat on her own..and keeping her hydrated...I just want to stop it's progress idk he didn't prescribe this. I know there's ppl on this site who sell it, I'm hoping one will respond and help with dosing.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have a copy of her blood test, do you know what the uric acid levels are? Do you have pictures of her also, so we can see her condition?
How much black cherry juice do you give her, daily? Try to lower her protein a little bit to focus more on greens & veggies right now. Alfalfa is supposed to have some effects on help with lowering uric acid levels, too.
Are you giving extra oral fluids for her too?
Please review your tank setup with us also, just so we can be sure it is all correct.
I will send a PM for you for help with allopurinol.

Tracie

kerib86

Original Poster
He didn't bother to give her blood test he could tell right off the bat exactly what it was although I would have preferred a blood test and I had requested it but he said it wasn't necessary he's supposed to be the best he's been on Animal Planet he has extremely good references he was on the news his name is Kevin Fitzgerald PhD, I've been giving her five milliliters cherry juice daily as well as 10 milliliters of water daily. every other day she gets a bath soak she has a 12% 24 watt 22 inch Arcadia UVB UVA bulb with her basking lamp temperatures ranging from 105 degrees to a hundred and 13 the cool side is around 80 degrees. I'm just so sad, if I have to do this daily for her for the next 10 years I just don't see the quality of her life....I'm so so depressed over this and feel so sad for her...I've stopped giving her crickets, she refuses her vegetable and greens, always been very finicky with it even before the symptoms of gout presented themselves but it was offered everyday so now that her appetite is never there enough to feed herself I have to hand feed her through syringe as well as with vitamins, cherry juice, metacam, and water...she gets 2 tsps of her carnivore care daily as well.....it's just so tedious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom