Meet My Baby Gizmo (UPDATED JULY page 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingergizmo

Original Poster
Thank you, I never thought I'd feel so much love for a reptile but this guy has me wrapped around its tiny claw lol :lol:

gingergizmo

Original Poster
We've had Gizmo now for 2 months as of tomorrow. He grew 3 inches this month! When we first got him (around 4 weeks I'd guess) he was only 5 inches, last month he was 6 inches but today he is 9 inches from head to tail. He has gotten big and getting full of color. He is turning more orange as he ages, I hope he continues too. His tail looks rather pale as its getting ready to shed. I also noticed him trying to puff out his beard or something to that effect this week. He doesn't open his mouth when he does it but its def interesting to watch. :D :mrgreen: He has grown and is a sweetie!

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

gingergizmo

Original Poster
We've had Gizmo now since March, so 3 almost 4 months now. These pictures are from June and he was 13 inches long then. He has been growing 3 to 4 inches a month. You can see he is getting ready to shed in these pics but I figured I'd update his pictures since its been a while. He is doing great and we love him to pieces!

456418_454901547854468_195970939_o.jpg

333439_454901331187823_1367748345_o.jpg

gingergizmo

Original Poster
Thank you, next week it will be time for me to measure him again. He is growing like a weed but I'm guessing he'll slow down soon. I read they reach adult size around 6 months? Is that true? Either way he is my baby lol I do believe he is a boy too, though I could be wrong.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Gizmo is adorable, love his coloring. He is growing very well, you're doing an awesome job.

Beardies continue to grow until about 2 yrs old so aren't really an adult until 1 1/2 to 2 yrs old but their growth slows down some about 9 to 10 mo old and that is when they decide themselves that it's time to cut back on their protein intake.

Menolly07

Juvie Member
I'd go with diamc on that. I know Odahviing has seriously slowed down her ALWAYS SHEDDING OH MAI GOSH EAT ALL THE THINGS growth rate. She's just turned seven months and started to slow down around six. Now I have to ease her back because I'm still feeding her like she's growing that way and she's getting, ahem, a little fat. I know the actual size of the beardie can vary a lot, but Odahviing is about 16 inches right now.

When you turn him to face away from you and bring his tail toward his head, holding toward the base, do you see a pair of bulges running up parallel to the midsection at the base? They'd be just little bumps almost like tiny straight growths under his scales, basically because that's exactly what they are.

You can just put him belly down on the palm of your non dominant hand, his head on your fingers, so your thumb and pink gently can keep him in place if he gets wiggly, and just take your other hand and place your thumb on the under side of his tail, about a little less then a quarter of the way from his vent, and gently bring it back toward his back until the tail is at nearly a 90 degree angle up from his body. Then let the tail curl back naturally a little more toward his back, don't worry, it doesn't hurt! There at the base above his vent and on his tail is where you'll see the pair of bumps if he's a boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom