Meet My Baby Gizmo (UPDATED JULY page 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Gizmo about a month ago. Here he/she is the day I got him and here he/she is today. I love this lil guy so much. He likes to cuddle and just adorable.

419975_389776744366949_100000038812624_1542951_563724729_n-1.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Oh my gosh! Little lizard guy! <3 <3 <3 SO gorgeous. Ia Gizmo your first beardie? Our Odahviing is my first reptile, and we got her really little, maybe just a little larger than your Gizmo. She's gotten big SO fast! And it's been such an amazing adventure. I've loved every second. A lot of people get their little guys at three and four months and have amazing relationships. I'm so thankful I got our little girl so small. I feel like she and I have such an amazing, bonded relationship. It sounds so froo-froo cheesy, but it's really true. I handled her a LOT, every day, and now she's amazingly well adjusted and loves to be held by any people. She's patient with my nephew (he's two years old and loves her, tries to share his M&Ms with her which is a BIG deal). She cuddles on our laps and plays like a cat. We've cats, and she's so like them that it's astonishing to me. And watching her grow. Oh my gosh! She's just shy of only four months old, but you'd think we had her for ages and ages.

I'm gonna love watching Gizmo grow. I can tell. Those colours are going to be something special to see. And that second picture, with that lizard smile. Love it!

gingergizmo

Original Poster
Menolly07":2p6as977 said:
Oh my gosh! Little lizard guy! <3 <3 <3 SO gorgeous. Ia Gizmo your first beardie? Our Odahviing is my first reptile, and we got her really little, maybe just a little larger than your Gizmo. She's gotten big SO fast! And it's been such an amazing adventure. I've loved every second. A lot of people get their little guys at three and four months and have amazing relationships. I'm so thankful I got our little girl so small. I feel like she and I have such an amazing, bonded relationship. It sounds so froo-froo cheesy, but it's really true. I handled her a LOT, every day, and now she's amazingly well adjusted and loves to be held by any people. She's patient with my nephew (he's two years old and loves her, tries to share his M&Ms with her which is a BIG deal). She cuddles on our laps and plays like a cat. We've cats, and she's so like them that it's astonishing to me. And watching her grow. Oh my gosh! She's just shy of only four months old, but you'd think we had her for ages and ages.

I'm gonna love watching Gizmo grow. I can tell. Those colours are going to be something special to see. And that second picture, with that lizard smile. Love it!

Hello,

Yes GIzmo is my first beardie. I'm not sure if its a boy or girl yet but I call him a "he" lol I'm not sure how young he is. I was told only a few weeks when I got him but I can't be certain. He is 6 inches long now. I handle him a lot and he likes to fall asleep on my chest. He hears my dog bark and it doesn't startle him. He is very chill. Though no worries I keep him safe and away from my dog. Him being so small I am very careful with him. In many ways its like taking care of a real baby, delicate. I've hand fed him until he git use to chasing his crickets and he still will drink drops of water from my finger from time to toe. He is just very gentle. He has stolen all our hearts and has become very special to us. :)

gingergizmo

Original Poster
Here are a few pics of my son and Gizmo. Gizmo is such a great addition to our family. He is so so friendly and enjoys spending time with us. Many times when I go to give him his fresh water or just to put him back in his tank he jumps on my wrist and climbs up my arm as if he is refusing to go back in. I'll put him back down and he quickly spins around and jumps back on my arm lol Needless to say we are enjoying him :) These pics were taken April 22, 2012, i tend to get a bit picture happy lol

DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Your son is such a cutie! Gizmo seems to have taken to him well. I love that he climbs out to be with his family. It shows you must be doing right by your beardie baby. Gizmo looks happy, healthy and bright eyed, chipper and comfortable being handled, everything a well adjusted companion critter should be.

I'm really snap happy as well, of all our pets. They're all so photogenic. Also of my nephew. Kids are so fun to shoot! I love getting down with them when they play. Don't worry. We LOVE photos here! A lot!

gingergizmo

Original Poster
Thank you for your kind words :) We love him! :D He seems to like being held and very content. We've got several fish tanks and he loves to watch the fish. He is very alert and cocks his head from side to side when he watches them lol My husband tells me that I spoil him because my mom who lives with us bought him a teddy bear (actually it's a dogs toy because I told her he might eat the fuzz or something and choke) for when he gets older. My mom is elderly and loves Gizmo just as much as the rest of us. She said if she was younger she would have loved to have one. lol I just gave him his first bath (actually I tried a few weeks ago but he didn't like it that much at all) he really enjoyed it to day.

I too love taking pictures, from nature to family. :) And I love looking at everyone's pictures on here as well.

gingergizmo

Original Poster
So this is the 4th time he has shed since I got him March 12th. I take it he is ready for another growth spurt! :)

414849_424623860882237_100000038812624_1639843_1229327610_o.jpg

527432_424623724215584_100000038812624_1639841_135922538_n.jpg

479186_424623550882268_100000038812624_1639837_1911573547_o.jpg

534895_424623120882311_100000038812624_1639835_1333464678_n.jpg

530280_424623374215619_100000038812624_1639836_546731379_n.jpg

gingergizmo

Original Poster
Thanks, he likes to cuddle and sleep on you lol I feel sorry for him peeling so bad. I gave him a nice bath and that seems to have helped a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom