Meet Cho'Gath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

For Baron's Memorial, click here http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=194292

Baron Nashor gave me a lot, and because of my Chronic Depression and Anxiety, when he passed so suddenly it was almost impossible to bear. I still miss him, very much. And that will never stop. But as I walked into PetSmart today, to see if they had another Dragon and not even intending to buy, I saw this little baby.

922735_10151735905340817_944639330_n.jpg

I knew this baby would fill the space in my house that Baron had filled and emptied so quickly.

In many ways for many people, it will be to soon. But for me it's not...just because I have a new dragon to care for and adore does not mean I will miss Baron any less and mourn for him any less. It means that I can refocus my sadness on the dedication to do better. It's the only way I can cope with my depression.

So I introduce, Cho'Gath the Beardie.

tumblr_mo8xorSLWA1qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mo8xorSLWA1qc4rpqo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mo8xorSLWA1qc4rpqo3_1280.jpg

This was a bit more sad then I intended.

Cho'Gath is very active and very alert. He's way more skiddish then I'm used to, so he's getting a lot of time alone and we'll start working on handling and everything, as right now when I put my hand in the Viv he gets very mad, puffs up and gapes. Makes me smile a little, since he is so different from Baron and I have to get used to that.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He's got a lot of oranges and yellows on him. His pictures will never do him justice I don't think. I was really shocked when I saw his colourings! I would love to know what people think what colour morphs he is.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I ordered some Carnivore Care in from a vet across the road from my house. I get it in tomorrow, and Cho will be going on that mixed with Squash Baby food and crickets if he eats them. He hasn't been eating much, and I was worried about him not getting enough from the chicken/veg baby food so I decided on the Carnivore Care. It sure is expensive though! A 70 gram bag for 30 dollars. I'm lucky he won't need much at all though.

I needed shipping information for the permit. :oops: I didn't notice until I went to fill it out completely, even though I had read it a dozen times and had it mostly filled out, I was missing that. Ugh! I'm waiting for ReptiWorms to get a hold of me with the info, and I need to email the government and ask them about a specific part that needs to be filled in that I'm confused about. Taking much longer then I would have liked, but at least I can finally afford it!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm sorry little Cho isn't eating much, the Carnivore Care will help. Just make sure you refrigerate it once it's opened or it will go bad (learned that the hard way!) I always have it in stock and it always helps my dragons get their appetites back. It's great stuff, full of herbs and protein. Hope it works for Cho, too, babies can be so picky!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
That very well could be cheaper, but I wanted it asap. I will keep that site in mind though for when I need to restock!

He did eat 7 crickets, on top of almost 1/4 of a teaspoon! His little belly is FULL. He also has only pooped once today, in the AM. Hopefully he'll poo soon, he just got a bath and put back in his viv and he tends to poop right after that.

Over all he's eating better then Baron was the first week we had Baron.

If he keeps on the trend of not eating as many crickets, I'm going to feed him at least 1 meal with the CC, and the other with the crix. If he doesn't eat at least five to ten crickets, he gets more Baby food and CC. I think that's a good way to do it, so he'll get all his protein. And I'll keep that up until I get the worms and after. By that time he'll be at least 2 months old.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I'm going to try measuring him later tonight. He's really wiggley and doesn't like holding still for it...Ugh. Hopefully when he's more sleepy(which is rare) I can get a good measurement on him. He was 5 3/4" last week...So not quite the 6" I thought he was. But I'm pretty sure he's grown with the consistent food and good care.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm sure he has, he sure is a sweetie, but so small when you got him. He'll do fine, you'll see.

I can't make it out this weekend, but I'll let you know when I can. Meanwhile you let me know when the worms come in and I'll get there asap. I hurt my knee & have to get it treated this Saturday, yuck. And I do have the lid for your tank.

Annalee

Juvie Member
Have you tried a variety of insects?

Walrus was being kind of a picky little bastard when it comes to his crickets. If they weren't the right amount of relaxed and active, he wouldn't go after them. If I mix it up and give him supers, wax worms and crickets, he picks and chooses each time. Just a suggestion. That Carnivore care should definitely help too.

Best of luck. <3

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He can't have supers yet, he's only 6". Waxes are to expensive for how any he'll go through. Last time I got waxes, I got 25 count and half died off before I got through them. Even in the fridge. I'm working on a permit for some Repti's, and should have it sent out by the end of this week at least. That'll take 5-7 days to be processed before I get it back, and then I can get some in Canada for him. It's not that he isn't eating the crickets, he is, he just isn't as much as I would like.

He's 6" as of yesterday, give or take a bit because he was so wiggly. Not grown as much as I would like to see, but I'm putting that on the not consistent amount of insects/protein and not enough of each. Hopefully with the CC he'll grow quick now.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I made my own Spagetti Squash Baby food(cooked it and blended until smooth) yesterday because the baby food I had on hand was sweet potato( :x ). Cho HATES it. He will not take it at all and will run away and FIGHT feeding time like the devil. He ate the last of my live crickets last night(6), but since I worked early today and Brandon had the day off and it's more economical for him to get crickets on days he works, we can't get more until tomorrow.

I got some butternut squash baby food though and mixed that with the spagetti squash and he took it better then yesterday. He still won't devour it like the chicken and veg...he LOVES it so much but I don't want him to get to much protein by mixing it with the CC. :roll:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He really needs the protein, so mix away, it won't do him any harm, he needs it to grow more than veggies.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Alright. If he doesn't take to the squash tomorrow he's getting his chicken and veg with CC. I still have half the container left, and it's cheap to buy and for his little size goes a long way. I can always mix the Squash/Chicken 1:2 ratio as well, so the squash doesn't go to waste hehe.
I just know with dogs and cats it can cause constipation or diarrhea, on top of super smelly stool. So I didn't want the same for him.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I don't think so, I've always mixed chicken w/veg & squash & c/c without an issue with pooping. So give it a try, you just might find that he loves it and that he starts growing more. And eating 6 crickets was awesome, hopefully now he'll start eating more, too!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the input deb. I'll have to get bigger tupperware containers for the food ha! Or just more little ones. But that's fine, I'll do anything for little Cho'Gath, including using all my small tupperware for his food.
And yes! It was a big achievement for him. They were a bit bigger then I would have liked...but they were my only ones and I was desperate for him to eat. Sigh. Won't happen again though.

Waiting on clarification for the Import Permit bits I'm confused about, and Reptiworms will tell me exactly what I need when I find out. So hopefully by the end of this week it'll be sent off, and by the end of the month I'll have a permit in hands and worms on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brohelphimlol
Top Bottom