Meet Cho'Gath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

For Baron's Memorial, click here http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=194292

Baron Nashor gave me a lot, and because of my Chronic Depression and Anxiety, when he passed so suddenly it was almost impossible to bear. I still miss him, very much. And that will never stop. But as I walked into PetSmart today, to see if they had another Dragon and not even intending to buy, I saw this little baby.

922735_10151735905340817_944639330_n.jpg

I knew this baby would fill the space in my house that Baron had filled and emptied so quickly.

In many ways for many people, it will be to soon. But for me it's not...just because I have a new dragon to care for and adore does not mean I will miss Baron any less and mourn for him any less. It means that I can refocus my sadness on the dedication to do better. It's the only way I can cope with my depression.

So I introduce, Cho'Gath the Beardie.

tumblr_mo8xorSLWA1qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mo8xorSLWA1qc4rpqo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mo8xorSLWA1qc4rpqo3_1280.jpg

This was a bit more sad then I intended.

Cho'Gath is very active and very alert. He's way more skiddish then I'm used to, so he's getting a lot of time alone and we'll start working on handling and everything, as right now when I put my hand in the Viv he gets very mad, puffs up and gapes. Makes me smile a little, since he is so different from Baron and I have to get used to that.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
First off, I saw Baron's memorial and cried my eyes out. It was beautiful and so heart felt.

Cho'Gath is a handsome little man and I love his colors. I'm glad you two found each other. I can't wait to watch him grow. As far as I know it is not unusual for a beardie to be stressed after moving homes, especially when everything is far better than where they were from before. I think my girl, Zy, was the only beardie I have ever known that wanted out on her first night home.

Where did you get Cho'Gath's name from?

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you, I cried writing it and I took forever to make sure it was perfect. When the flowers bloom, I will post pictures of his planter for everyone to see.

As for Cho'Gath.

Cho'Gath is a character within League of Legends(a game I adore, and also my influence of Baron Nashor's name). He's a 6 legged monster-insect thing pictured here:
the_elusive_cho__gath_by_rickz0r-d392hcg.png
(Image not from game, fan-art instead)

He has an ability called 'consume', where he eats a smaller monster or even another champion within the game and grows larger and stronger up to a certain size. He's one of Brandon's and my favorite characters within the game. So now every time Cho'Gath will eat, we will say he uses 'consume' because we know he will get larger and stronger each time.

I also love his colours! His body is darker then the base of his tail, which you can kind of see. I'm wondering if that means he is going to shed, since the base of his tail is quite yellow and pale compared to the rest of him. He also isn't stress marky at all, temps are all right and the viv was bleached and cleaned really well. Cho'Gath also got a hammock, and will get a tank top of mine to sleep with to get him used to me.

His nickname is also Cho, since Cho'Gath can be a bit of a mouthful and hard to write sometimes.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Looking back it definitely looks like Cho's tail will be shedding.

My boyfriend, Paul, has dabbled in League of Legends. I like the look and ability of his namesake. Very appropriate.

He's in your bedroom nor, correct?

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He is, door is shut and everything super secure. No cats get within 15 feet of him ever.

We'll see what sheds! I'm just excited to have him, though I keep getting waves of sadness, but it's more manageable then it was.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I'm not sure if his tail has recently shed, or his tail is about to shed...I kind of hope it recently shed and the rest of him is about to. I'd love for him to be the pale yellow he's got on the base of it.

I tried to do a quick sex on him. I THINK I saw two bumps, but he's so squirmy and I didn't want to hold him that long I'm not 100 percent sure. We'll get a better sex on him when he's larger too.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Well, when you do check again after he's a little more chill, no matter how young they are, if there are two bumps definitely male, but if one bump and still on the young side could be male or female. Those poor, misguided men :lol:

Can't wait for more pics!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Cho is still a bit skiddish, but I learned from Baron how to pick them up from the front and scoop over picking up from above. Just less scary in my eyes, and he's responding to that pretty well. I went to put him in his feeding bin and he clung to my hand.

But I need to get working on my worm permit...Crickets are so much of a hassle, I went through so many just to make sure none would be to big for him. And ordering Crickets in bulk online just doesn't work for me because shipping is crazy and I don't have the space for 500-1000 crickets.

My manager gave me today off...I didn't even ask, she just insisted on it. I feel bad because today is our big delivery day but she has never been so firm with something.

rafa2k

Hatchling Member
What a cutie and I love the close up of his face lol. My summoner name in League of Legends is Zeus the Beardy after my first BD :)

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
To have Repti's shipped to Canada I need a permit...I'm not paying the crazy prices up here for the BSFL. I could go across the boarder, but I don't have a vehicle and all my rides keep falling through. Oh well! I can get a permit that is good from 1-3 years for 35 dollars, that I can use as often as I want. I figure if I get it I can order in some every month to sell to other owners or breeders to give them other staple options.

And that is so cute! I love incorporating League with my BD's. My basking rock is themed off of the Summoners Circle in the Rift.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
It's the Repti-Worm thing, not a Canadian thing. I can bring them across the border without any permit. But for them to ship it they need the person they're shipping it to to have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom