manicure

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieGrandma

Juvie Member
Hi Reeferman,

I have trimmed Joga's nails at few times now (I bought a reptile clipper from petmountain, but I also understand from the board you can use baby nail trimmers just as easily).
I do it at night when she's most mellow and wanting to go to sleep on me. I hold a flashlight to see the quick in her nail (similar to dog's nail, where there is a fleshy part that comes down the nail). Trim off the very end when you first start so you don't cut the quick and make him bleed. If you trim them regularly, the quick will recede up the nail and you can get them a little shorter. Also, keeping tile on the floor of your tank can help keep the nails worn down once you get a jump start with the trim. There's another post on here where a board member posted a graphic of the quick in the nail to give you an idea of how it's formed - see if you can find that as well, as it is a good reference and gives you an idea of what you are looking at.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
here's the diagrams to help. Think second one is of an iguana but the nails are similar to beardies :D

91438Bearded_Dragon_Nail_Diagram.jpg

DSCN2863.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom