Madagascar Velvet gecko help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
I got this Madagascar velvet gecko today for $20. I cant find any care sheets online. I was told by the store she has the same care as a crestie but I dont know. Any help would be great!

794FB107-96E1-45FC-A173-9C8DB60A0009-8719-00000A91BE037B67_zpsa2a9eec1.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Brittani....you may have done this by now, but just Google Velvet gecko [ not Madagascan ] There is a care sheet online. It's either that or they got it mixed up with a common Mediterranean gecko.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K., so it seems there IS also a Madagascan. If you haven't found info yet, Google the scientific name...blaesodactylus boivini. Several articles should pop up. I had to look again to see that yours is way too big to be the Mediterranean house gecko.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thank you :). I was able to finally have someone on a different forum tell me what she needs. They don't need a lot which is great. Come to find out she is actually a grandider velvet gecko. She is still from madagascar but not a madagascar velvet gecko. So her full length will be about 8 inches or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom