Lost superworm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horselo284

Hatchling Member
Hey,

I bought some baby superworms (about an inch long) for my beardie. I think one may have escaped 2day.....

Is it gonna survive and like change into a beetle or something?

I have no idea where it is.

aaaah!

lol

Thanks,

Laura

Horselo284

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ugh.... I hope it dies... or that its not lost at all.... im not 100% sure.

My room is pretty warm...mainly because of the heat lamps on Lizzy's tank.

Does it need food to survive and grow bigger? Cause it was pretty small... only about an inch long....maybe a little bigger.

I really hope if it did escape that it just dies.....

Thanks for the help!

invictusrules

Juvie Member
At that size, it's not ready to pupate. But if it does find something to eat, don't be surprised if you find a really pretty black beetle in your house in a couple of months. They actually make good "pets" since they're big enough to handle. :lol:

Horselo284

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ugh....although I may be able to deal with it being loose in my house...I don't think I would want it as a pet...lol

I'm still hoping it didn't get loose.... :-/

Better not tell anyone else who lives in my house...they would freak out!! lmao

Thanks!

-Laura

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
eeww i HATE supers ! They freak me out ! But my babies love them so I have to suck it up and deal with them. I've had a couple that escaped (without my knowledge),.. and I'd find them curled up dead somewhere.. I think their chance of survival is little without heat and water. Although once I found a beetle looking creature crawling.. not sure if it was from escaped superworm or meal worm.. it wasn't flying though, so i just smashed it lol.

HumorDragon

Hatchling Member
Yeah, my first encounter with supers wasnt so good (Opened the container and they all started flooding out onto me.... :puke: ) other than that... I really like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chriziz
Top Bottom