lizard luxuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
TASTIGER":19eukhnb said:
if you know anything about selling you have to cover the cost of making it and add a little bit more for profit. for being hand made with quality materials her prices are spot on.

I agree, everything she has is so perfectly made. She clearly spends a lot of time on them. If you break that into an hourly rate, it's nothing.

jjh1

Juvie Member
I think I am going to order a little bed or something from her maybe a couple of things
Love the little beds so darn cute.... And I am so not crafty lol

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
I love the lounge and the hammocks!! I've been wanting to make Sunny's viv more girlie for her, she's such a little diva she needs something to match her personality. I'm probably going to order some things from her for Sunny. I'm not crafty at all, and her stuff seems really well made.

-Kaleen

I have actually met the people that own this company personally. They are really nice people and are at a lot of the reptile shows I attend. Jenna will even let you send your own fabric and make it for you and just charge labor or look for a specific fabric for you if you ask her too. They are very very sweet. The necklaces are magnetic so they pull right off if they get snagged on something; however, they aren't for wearing all the time. I plan on getting Saphira one for trips to the pet store, etc. I'd like her to make Bull a little spiked one with blunt spikes for trips. They are real conversation starters and sometimes people will think they are cute and you get the opportunity to strike up a converstation about what fantastic animals they are. I actually went to all the craft stores in my area looking for the little baskets she uses in the lounges and finally found some that were similar. It was about the same price to buy the wicker lounge from hobby lobby and the material to make it myself, so she can't be charging too much in labor. I think I was saving maybe 8 bucks when I added in tax and everything. Also she has some gorgeous fat healthy beardies that you can tell they love and care for very well. I always like buying from a fellow beardie lover, especially one that obviously takes very good care of them!!!

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
RandyMarsh":1ezqs7xv said:
agreed, i just think 20 -30$ for stuff like that is a little rich when I live next to a craft store and I know how much fabric and metal O rings cost.

As somebody who sells and has sold handmade things, I can tell you that the cost of material is not what you're buying when purchasing any handmade good. Those things look like they would take at least 30 - 60 minutes to make. Not to mention the time taken to fill orders, buy products, and ship products. If you think about it, the time is then devalued to probably 2 hours per order. Even if the materials were only 2 dollars, you're now talking about a profit of $9 - $14 per hour.... that's pretty horrible IMO (but I guarantee they'd be making less than that).

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I want to order one, but after over three days of trying to get her to send me an price (including shipping) and up to date fabric samples i have yet to receive anything from them... its like they keep asking me the same questions (what im interested in, where i live, etc) when i've answered these already

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm suggest calling, not emailing when ordering... after talking to them via texting and on the phone they were great. Sent me pictures of samples, etc and shipped out my order the same day!

I'm hoping to go to the Repticon next month to get some lounges. I also want to get online and get some leashes from drag-a-longs lizard leashes. They are too cute! I'm thinking I should wait till they are full grown, or just say to heck with it and order more later when they outgrow the ones I may order now.
Everyone please post pics of your dragons in their lizard luxeries lounge, hammock, or jewelry!!! I love to see them and I warn you, I may steal your fabric choice cause I can't decide what I want, lol !!

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
I love those lounges. They are adorable.
I've made my both of my little Diva's
tanks very girly and plushy. Pinks, purples,
turquoises, greens, zebra and cheetah.
I know...I'm a nut :lol:
I need to get those lounges for them too!
Amanda

russll41

Hatchling Member
I met Jenna at Repticon in March. She is an amazing person. Works a full time job and does this for her rescue beardies. She has Handicap beardies and takes so much time to care for them. I purchased 2 hammocks and 2 loungers and my beardies Love them. They sleep and relax in them all the time. Sure its a lil more money but well worth it. I had the cheap green hammocks and they never got in them. I cant get them out of these. Give her a chance and your dragons will love you forever.

Daisy spends most of her day here
1111.jpg

She moved the pillow down herself..
111.jpg

Dexter spread out on his lounger
11.jpg

christina0

i came across the lizard luxuries site on this forum and after checking it out i bought the lizard lounger and hammock, my beardie got too big for his old one and couldnt fit into it anymore !

Jenna8359

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone!
This is Jenna, I make Lizard Luxuries and I really do enjoy making personal orders. If anyone has any questions you can call me in person. I do not mind at all and I find it helps me process orders really quickly. My number is listed on my website Lizardluxuries.com
I look forward to hearing from new people and getting to meet all of your beardies!

Jenna L.L.

photo-4.png
2012-04-14010525am.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom