Light Cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering what the suggested light cycles are. Between the day light, night light, and basking light. Which should be on during the day and the night and how long should the lights be on for?

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Most of us here use a 14/10 light cycle. Basking/UVB light on for 14 hours and off for 10. The only reason that you should use heat at night is if your night temps drop into the low 60's or below. Lights of any kind, even red, shouldn't be used. If you need night heat, use a ceramic heat emitter. They are like light bulbs, but do not produce light at all.

ShawnT2011

Original Poster
Alright thanks! I have a 26 watt uvb, a 75 watt moonlight night glo, and a red bulb which ive had for a while that im not sure what the watts is. Which of those would i keep on during the day? The red and UVB?

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
ShawnT2011":d90f0 said:
Alright thanks! I have a 26 watt uvb, a 75 watt moonlight night glo, and a red bulb which ive had for a while that im not sure what the watts is. Which of those would i keep on during the day? The red and UVB?

It would be best that you use a white bulb for heat. The UVB bulb, is it a linear tube bulb? What brand is it?

chadwick757

Hatchling Member
Honestly you can replace the red bulb with any household white light type bulbs. Just as long as they give off enough heat. see wattage.

ShawnT2011

Original Poster
NegativeCreep":d9e0d said:
ShawnT2011":d9e0d said:

It would be best that you use a white bulb for heat. The UVB bulb, is it a linear tube bulb? What brand is it?
The uvb bulb is a reptiglo 10.0 uvb compact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom