Life or Death EMERGENCY! Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill0405

Original Poster
I cant tell if it is bothering her since she isnt moving any limbs anymore. I dont think it was like that yesterday because im pretty sure I would have noticed it. I believe the blood test covered the kidney and anemia, which the vet said came out fine. The flavor that we got was strawberry for the yogurt. should i go ahead and give her some? if so how much

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would go ahead & give her some of the soy yogurt. Hopefully she will lick it willingly off her nose, give her as much as she will take.

bill0405

Original Poster
she wont lick anything off her nose. any of the liquids or foods we give have to be done through syringe

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Try with .1 cc at first, and work up to .3cc. No more than .8 cc daily. Someone correct me if I am wrong.. I am going on a 300 gram weight.
Janie

bill0405

Original Poster
its 12:45...about 3 hours since stubble's lights have gone out. Normally she'd be sleeping 10 mins after lights out, but shes still up doing that repetative mouth thing. I feel so bad for her suffering :*-(

Pleaides

Juvie Member
oh my goodness i am so very sorry to hear she isnt doing so good. ive nothing to say to actually help you other than keep her warmer at night as she isnt well and try to settle her so shes perhaps more comfortable. will she perhaps kip on your chest in a blankie?
me and my clan are wishing you all the luck and love in the world!

bill0405

Original Poster
Well...our poor baby is getting worse, and my wife and I decided today that we're going to take her in to put her to sleep. We did everything we could, and thank you all for trying to help us get us through this.

bill0405

Original Poster
Well guys...our poor baby isnt doing to well, and we fear that she is now in pain, so my wife and I decided today that we are going to take her in to be put to sleep :*( Thank you all for trying to help us get through this. RIP Stubbles

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I am so sorry, and I know how difficult of a decision that is to make.
I will keep you in my thoughts today.
Hugs
Jennifer

Pleaides

Juvie Member
oh wow i understand completely how difficult and agonising that decision is to make but only you will know if your baby is suffering or not therefore its the right decision for her, not necessarily for you as no one wants to lose a very loved pet but for her it is and she will then be at peace, feel the comfort in that.
my thoughts go out to you on this day.
:(

Valex

Hatchling Member
You are in my prayers. I am very sad it had to come to this, but it is better than her suffering through it. I commend you and your husbands courage. She is going to a better place where she can play and eat all day, and brag about her loving slaves who she misses more than anything.

Best of luck,

Sarah, Killian, and Blaze.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Stubbles. When I saw that picture of her with her mouth open like that, I knew it wasn't good, I suspect kidney failure. Did the vet give you any reasoning at all?

Thinking of you and assuring you that you did the right thing, she is no longer in pain. I know how hard that was to make that final decision. :(

bill0405

Original Poster
Ya its been a day of tears for us :cry: The vet did ask if i would allow her to do an autopsy to see exactally what was wrong with her, and I gave her the permission because hopefully what she learns will help another beardie in the future. When I got there, she did take one last look at her, and noticed that 1/2 of her whole body felt harder than the other half. She will let me know what was wrong if she finds anything wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom