LG ~ The Handi-Capable Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Jason, you know any picts of LG you send in will be in the calender. There would be a collective mutiny here on BD.org if they weren't. :lol: Thanks for posting the new picts. We all enjoyed our fix.
WE do hope you feel better soon. Those RI can really slap you down.

Sandy h

Marguerite

Hi Jason ,
Have you ever thought about feeding superworms?? I raise my own and it is very easy. If interested just pm me and I will let me know how I raise them. In fact it is kinda fun and the beardies love them. Cuts down on the cost of feeders too.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
That last picture you posted just screams adorable-ness. I love seeing his pictures. He is so photogenic. (And I see he is getting a bit of a belly!!! yay!!)

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
great pics............such a handsome baby..................I thought the 2009 calendar was completed, if so, please send in some pics for future B.D.org calendars, we all will put our 2 cents in.

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
Hey Jason -

I somehow missed your last update ..... My baby has been keeping me busy with the coccidia and the daily cleaning ritual.....sorry. LG has definately is one of the most photogenic beardies there is .... I agree he should be in the Calendar if he isn't all ready !!

Hope you've recovered from your Resp infection and hope you're feeling better.
Take care and best wishes to you and "The Clan"

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Abi, thats ok i understand. so do i have this right, they are in new cages now? im sorry ive been swamped with work lately and havent ben able to follow some of the threads as much as id like to. now am sick with a respiritory infection. are they both shedding at the same time?

no new pics of LG today. he did eat a good amount though; i fed him 7-8 crickets before leaving the house today and another 6-7 crickets when i got home. no veggies lately, he seems to go through spurts of loving and hating veggies. i took him outside yesterday and today for about 30min. he ran around and tried to lick all the white things on the ground :roll: .

ill try to put some more pics up soon. probably sunday :wink: .

sandy, im hoping he gets a spot. i plan on buying a calender whether or not he makes it. i would probably end up buying calenders for everyone in my family if knew if he made full page :mrgreen: .

that respiritory infection has really got me down. i cant finish a sentence without catching my breath first. it feels like an elephant is standing on the left half of my chest. if i take more than a 1/4 of a breath it feels like a hot dagger is poking me in the back. i went to work today and managed to make it through alright, i just took my sweet time 8) .

Marguerite, i think he might be too small for those. his head is the size of a quarter, i cant even feed him the large crickets yet. im not sure how much bigger hes going to get, but i think hes done growing. cost of feeders isnt really a problem. i can get 100 crickets for $7 and that will last him all week. i may end up trying phoenix worms though. they are just about his size and i hear they're very nutritious.

atreyu917, i know! i put it up as my wallpaper on my phone. it would have been good enough to put in the calender if i had a better camera :( . im trying to fatten him up. he was looking alittle skinny so ive been feeding him at least twice a day as many crickets as he'll take. more pics will be up on sunday :wink: .

beardie osk, im pretty sure you can still send in pics all the way up to oct 15. i entered photos for LG and my other two. hopefully one of them will get in :D .

luvthydragon, yea cleaning up can really take awhile :| . sometimes i wish i could potty-train my dragons but something tells me that wouldnt work too well :roll: ; "NO! this is your food bowl, this is the toilet bowl!"

i was thinking, ive got so many pics of LG i should take them to a print/copy shop and have them make an all LG calender, glossy pages and all! i would be glad to hang that on my wall :mrgreen: .

the respiritory infection still has me, and at the moment i have the hiccups... every single one is agony :roll: . ive tried the drink a full cup of water thing with no luck. then i tried holding my breath... ouch, bad idea. it hurts to breathe...

btw, the clan is now LG, his brother Trouble and Mayze :wink: .

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
Hey Jason-

Sorry I missed the update on your final pick for the names :oops: .....I've been in my own little world lately.

I like the names...Mayze is really neat and unique for her.....Trouble seems a fitting name for him too. And of course LG will go down in history :D

Sorry you still aren't feeling well. Try to get as much rest as possible ..... I know how difficult that can be :roll: but any little bit counts.

Best wishes to you, LG, Mayze and Trouble

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Hi J,

Great new names, I love Mayze, and how can you resist Trouble.

LG will always remain my favorite...oops :oops:............did I say that? Have you picked up his tail yet to sex him? He/she won't be mad, you have built complete trust now.

His pics show him so small, (love it......... not for the reason why, though), but have you measured him from nose to end of tail? Sorry if I'm asking an already answered question.

Can't wait to see him in the new calendar!!!!!!!!!(power of suggestion) :wink:

Denise Bushnell (RIP)

Juvie Member
Retired Moderator
Jason,

Next time you get the hiccups, try breathing into a paper bag for about 5 or 10 minutes. Re-breathing the carbon dioxide that you expel when you exhale will usually make them go away!

I totally sympathize with the whole Upper Respiratory thing. I was out of work all last week with asthmatic bronchitis, and ended up nearly getting pneumonia. I'm on so many steroids, it amazing that I'm not developing muscles, but they seem to be doing the trick. Coughing until you think you're gonna die really sucks! Try picking up some maximum strength Mucinex at the pharmacy. Its a little expensive, but that stuff really works on the coughing, and breaking up all the congestion! You'll be able to get some badly needed sleep, withoug feeling like you're going to choke to death!

Feel better! And hug the babies for me!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I too missed the last post you made and would like to say, "love the names you chose." :mrgreen:
An as for L.G......I love the pic's he is such a cutie. :love5:

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. :( Hope your doing better today. :)

Hugs & Bugs!

Well No More Bugs For You! :laughing6:

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
jscott":8f617 said:
Abi, thats ok i understand. so do i have this right, they are in new cages now? im sorry ive been swamped with work lately and havent ben able to follow some of the threads as much as id like to. now am sick with a respiritory infection. are they both shedding at the same time?

no new pics of LG today. he did eat a good amount though; i fed him 7-8 crickets before leaving the house today and another 6-7 crickets when i got home. no veggies lately, he seems to go through spurts of loving and hating veggies. i took him outside yesterday and today for about 30min. he ran around and tried to lick all the white things on the ground :roll: .
ill try to put some more pics up soon. probably sunday :wink: .
btw, the clan is now LG, his brother Trouble and Mayze :wink: .
Aw, I'm sorry you're sick! That's the last thing you need. You're working too hard! I understand why though...I don't get much sleep and tend to fall asleep at the computer quite often lol. I hope you get better soon.
Kaira's in a 75gallon now, Taz will be moved into a 40 soon. Just get better, don't worry about checking up on threads! Yeah, both shedding. Taz just finished a full body shed...I'm got some cute pics to put up (when I get around to it)...now he's on to his tail. Kaira is having so much trouble shedding. But she's working on the last part of her tail and all of her legs should be about to start soon. She looks miserable.
Enough about my babies, I have my own thread. :oops:
Sounds like LG is picking up on his eating...except for the veggies...you never can please them lol.
Lol, him and white things! Silly guy.
I love the names! Trouble seems to fit so well (from the videos lol) and Mayze is such a pretty name. :D I knew you wouldn't be able to give them up!
LG better be in the calendar! He's adorable.
GET BETTER!
Abi

atreyu917

Juvie Member
I love Mayze's name! And Trouble fits! Hope you're feeling better soon! Can't wait for more pictures as usual. I forgot to comment (and will go do that now) but I loved the pictures of Mayze bearding you. I saw it last night and I laughed...haha

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
luvthydragon, no problem :D . im glad you like the names. i am feeling alittle better, my chest still hurts alot though :| . thanks again, i hope you enjoy the pics and vids.

beardie osk, i know. i love LG too. ill try to get a better camera and take some pics. to answer your question i havent actually held a ruler up to him and measured, my best estimate is about 9-10". he was the runt of the clutch, plus he had a hard life early on.

im really hoping he gets a full page in the calender. i know thats greedy, considering theres only 12 spots out of dozens of entries. i sent some cute pics in that were well over the minimum resolution so i guess it just comes down to the sharpness and setting. i plan on buying one no matter what happens. i need to contribute to this site somehow!

denise, yea my nose is raw from blowing it so often. i think the worst is over, i can breath now but my chest still really hurts. im taking an antibiotic that was perscribed to me last year. its for the same thing and expires next year so i think im ok. thanks for the info, ill check into some of those items. hope you like the pics and videos :wink: .

barbara, im glad you like their names :D . i love that last pic of him looking out the window. his little back limbs look so cute. i would like to have his silhouette from above put on a t-shirt. i think his shape from overhead is interesting:
icon.jpg

abi, thank you :D i think im on the mend now. what are the dimensions of your 75 gallon? Trouble is going through a tough shed too. he has been sliding around on his belly trying to get all the skin off. it seems like hes been taking his anger out on his food dish. he'll slide around abit then fly across the cage with a black beard to his food dish. recently he has started to eat the ZooMed bearded dragon food, though only when hes angry :dontknow: :lol: .

about LGs appetite: it has been picking up! i was going to agree with the veggies remark but, well check out the videos...

your right, im growing pretty attached. as long as i can afford to take proper care of them i will :wink: .

atreyu917, thanks :D . i had a video of her doing that beard stretch but it was too long to send with my phone... ill have to catch it another time. new pics and vids are up, enjoy!

PICTURES AND VIDEOS:

he really seems to like the tiles at the back of his cage. i originally put them in there to fill a long gap but he uses them alot. often he will rest his chin on them, their curve fits the contour of his neck quite well.
LGedge2.jpg

LGedge1.jpg

here is that video is was telling you about. i have been trying to get him to eat squash for months to no avail. one morning i was out of crickets and he was hungry. i had just fed the big dragons and had some squash out on the counter. i shredded alittle and the rest is history:

here is a video i took by accident. i could tell he was about to do something so i pressed REC. i just didnt know he was about to poop. its kinda funny the way he lifts his rear end up :D :

ok, thats all for now. i hope everyone enjoyed the pics and vids. ill try to get some more hi-res ones up soon :wink: .

kirby

Extreme Poster
aw.. he waddled away from his poopie..

for the adult dragons, i wouldnt shred the squash, rather slice it thinly. this lets them crunch through it, it cleans their teeth and helps with their jaws. same with beans and carrot etc. not too thick tho.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
he moves pretty fast doesnt he :mrgreen: ?

i usually use the thicker cheese grater for the adults squash, is that ok or should i just slice it by hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chriziz
Top Bottom