LG ~ The Handi-Capable Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Just a quick update;

LG seems like he is doing OK, certainly better than he was. His stools are still very watery, but I think thats because I stopped feeding him his regular fiber/protien source; Canned crickets. Since his siezure, he hasn't been going asfter crickets like he used to; I have to stick them in his mouth, sometimes quite forceably.

He has been moving around pretty normally, though he seems tired still. I went out and got some more live crickets today but he was already alseep when I came home tonight. I just turned off his lights, I am going to mush up some crickets into a paste, add some calcium powder with d3 and make a slurry.

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow evening.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thanks for updating us on how LG's doing.
I'd been thinking about you two all week and was going to send out the search party.

Instead of giving him crickets, what about trying butters or waxies? They're soft-bodied and easier to digest.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thanks for the "LG update." That's great to hear that he is improving and moving around pretty normally. Yes, please let us know how the crickets go over.

Gina has a good idea, perhaps he'd really like either butters or waxxies too.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I just came home to something kind of disturbing;

It looks like LG layed eggs... The vet I took him to last year said he was a male and pointed out femoral pores. Now I'm not so sure. I am going to try to take some pictures and get back here.

I just cant take this stress anymore. Things in my own life arent certain, I can't handle all this at once.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
They are white and soft, about the size of lima beans... I saved them in a bag, not that I can afford another visit. :|

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
LG is a girl?! :shock: Well, that would explain the recent health issues. She probably had become slightly egg bound, thus the head twitches.
Take a pic of what the white things look like, next to either a quarter or dime, so we could see the size difference.

Wow, talk about a surprise!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Holy Cow little LG is a girl :shock: ...well Jason that and the eggs would explain some of the behavior and appetite issues you have seen lately.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Sorry, I've recently downloaded a virus on my computer; A fake "antivirus update"... :banghead:

I spent all last night and this morning trying to reinstall things on my moms computer(my computer broke last week after 11 years of loyal service :| )...

OK, well I have been stressed out about so many different things I can't ecven type right now; I am stretched so thin I just don't have the energy for it all.

Here are the pictrures I took:

P7110078.jpg

P7110075.jpg

P7110076.jpg

What do I do for "her" (that is just too weird); Are LG's fat reserves all drain from the eggs, because there used to be a lot of fat in the hind legs and now there isn't.

What kind of supplements do I need to give to a female BD after a medication has caused the eggs to pass? Is that good that the baytril kicked the eggs out, or bad?

I don't know whats going on anymore... I have to leave right now and do some things but I'll be back in a bit to check for responses... :study:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Jason the free accounts at PB only allow a certain amount of space...when you hit that limit it will tell you to go pro. Which would mean pay $39(?) or you could create another account with another email address. :wink:

If you send me the pic's I can post them for you for now.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Well Jason LG is definately female because those are without doubt infertile eggies.

Here's the pic's everyone....

P7110078.jpg

P7110076.jpg

P7110075.jpg

Jason pic 0077 and 78 are very close to the same so I just posted the 3. :wink:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My goodness Jason, what a shock for you. How many did she end up laying? It would be a good idea to increase her protein and calcium intake and to make sure she is well hydrated. How is she doing now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom