LG ~ The Handi-Capable Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Love the nes pics, Jason!!! Look at that tongue getting the yummy worms!!!

Glad you like them! :D

More pics, coming your way! 8)

IMG_7694x.jpg

IMG_7701x.jpg

IMG_7716x.jpg

IMG_7721x.jpg

IMG_7728x.jpg

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
IMG_7735xx.jpg

IMG_7745x.jpg

IMG_7756x.jpg

IMG_7759x.jpg

IMG_7772x.jpg

Hmmm, I guess this "roll of film" was primarily reptiworms...

I do have some great shots of her eating waxies, I just can't seem to find them right now and my back is killing me leaning over this keyboard.

I will take some fresh pics tomorrow, how's that. :wink:

MissT

BD.org Addict
I just love seeing LG- she is just adorable!! Can't wait for more pics!!! Are you submitting calendar pics this year?

RexsMom

Yeah LG pics! I am a pretty patient person, but I was getting ready to ask for pics :D Love that second photo where she is leaping for the yummy worm.

Hope you are feeling better Jason.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Jason, the pics of LG are of superior quality as usual. I loved the 2nd pic where LG is leaping up, she looks like she's ready to take off :mrgreen: She sure likes her worms, wish my bunch liked them as well as she does. It's great to see that her appetite is good. Hope you're feeling better, too.
I'll be looking forward to more pics. She's such a miracle dragon, thanks to you :D :D
Deb, Sweetie, Lonzo, Rubio, Leo & Didi

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I had a quick question for anyone experienced with disinfecting soluitons...

Are either of these safe for LG;

hibiclens: clorohexidine gluconate solution 4.0% w/v

wound wash saline spray; 0.9% sodium chloride solution

I am looking to get something better than soap to clean LG with, but I don't have a car or a credit card so it makes getting the proper stuff hard.

That first stuff looks promising, but has allergy info, so I am worried about that. If someone can give me a definite answer, I can get it by tonight.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Just did a search of this site and answered my own question!!!

This product is the same as Nolvasan!

I'm gonna go buy some right now I think... Even though it's like 9 bucks at the supermarket vs 2 online... :roll:

We use chlorhexidine at the animal hospital (I'm a vet tech) and routinely use it to clean surfaces AND wounds on animals. To be honest I would see no point in disinfecting the entire dragon, but I guess you could do it. You could put them in an empty sink and squirt the solution on them, then rinse. I don't see any harm in that. Of course I would be careful to not allow them to ingest any of it, but a small amount shouldn't kill them. We've sent people home with chlorhexidine (we call it Nolvasan because its the brand we normally use) for mouth rot in reptiles, and they are told to apply it (with a soft towel or cotton swab/ball) to the mouth area to disinfect it. This product is also used in dogs and cats and can be squirted into their mouth to clean their teeth...some people do this on a regular basis. Also, some chew treats we sell have this as a coating for disinfecting the teeth -- > http://www.petrx.com/cethextra-premiumc ... reats.aspx

So I don't see any harm in using it, it is a pretty safe product.

This is what we sell: http://www.1800petmeds.com/Nolvasan+Ski ... d2140.html
The price is outrageous (I think we sell a bottle for $14) but I didn't shop around so maybe some places have it cheaper.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
OK, I went and got it but I'm not going to use it one her until I here back from somebody experienced and post some pics of it; The nolasan I had before was blue, and I'm not sure of the solution %... This stuff is fuchsia colored and is 4%, so I just don't know what I'm dealing with.

The human directions on the box say it's for skin wounds, but not apply to the genitals, ears, mouth or eyes...

That kind of threw me, because with reptiles and dogs, this stuff is used for cleaning teeth and mouth rot.

Did I get the wrong stuff because of the color, or is that just the name brand and the dye they choose to use? Also with 4%, should that be diluted down by about half?

Help! :)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm sorry, Jason. I don't know anything about that stuff. I would pm Tracie (drache613). If you are unaware of her (doubtful) she's our resident expert on beardie medicine, probably even this.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
beardie parents":3uzk7pzn said:
I'm sorry, Jason. I don't know anything about that stuff. I would pm Tracie (drache613). If you are unaware of her (doubtful) she's our resident expert on beardie medicine, probably even this.

Message sent.

Also to everyone; Thank you for posting back on the pictures; remember, there are more on the previous page... :D

I have more pictures than I know what to do with. The problem is I'm back on a windows ME computer and everything is 10x slower;

Photoshop is what I use to rotate, crop and resave the pictures... That program lags like crazy on this computer.

Photobucket is where I host my pictures online and where I copy and paste the img code from... I used to be able to select unlimited files for upload, but now I am constrained to 3 at a time. :|

Just please have patience and understanding when the pictures don't appear as fast as they should. :wink:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
That's o.k., Jason. I have a 7 year old computer, it was my fathers that I inherited just over 6 years ago when he died. It's still working great, but it gets slow sometimes. It does run Windows XP tho. I'm afraid it's on it's last legs.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
beardie parents":3ldyxp7z said:
That's o.k., Jason. I have a 7 year old computer, it was my fathers that I inherited just over 6 years ago when he died. It's still working great, but it gets slow sometimes. It does run Windows XP tho. I'm afraid it's on it's last legs.

Sorry to hear about his passing... Cool you still have his computer running.

Try going to "Oldapps.com"

They have alot of the programs and internet browsers that are necessary for accessing today's web, but they run on older computers... They have archives of different versions of Flash, Internet Explorer, Java, Etc...

I don't know if you are already upgraded as much as possible, just thought I would offer that one tip. In fact; I wouldn't even be able to watch Youtube videos if it weren't for all of the stuff available on Oldapps.com...

Youtube still constantly warns me that my computer is dangerously outdated, but I just ignore those boxes and click on the Stevie Wonder. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom