LG ~ The Handi-Capable Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
jscott":2cgap1im said:
However, she seems to be developing a taste for them; I found her waiting to be fed by the glass today and while she still doesn't go after food, she was obviously waiting for it.

She gobbled down a half dozen worms for the camera, unfortunately I am not on the computer right now that I upload them to(this comp is 10 years older than the camera)...
:blob8:

sheri85

Juvie Member
somehow i got unsubscribed to this thread, so i'm sort of catching up.

sorry everything is so tough right now. have you had any luck in finding LG a new home? (i wish i lived closer--i don't have room for another tank, but i'd find room!)

i dunno how much this will help, but i'm selling beardie plushies to raise money for beardies in need. i've raised $80 so far for Bowser, who you can read about here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=148935

more info on my plushies is here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=151626

i've got a couple pending orders, so maybe if we spread the word i can get more orders to help both these beardies.

LG's such a brave girl, and you're so amazing for what you've done for her. i want to help any way i can :)

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I currently have someone relatively close here in So CA who says they are set up for a BD... At the same time, I have many, many people who do not want to see me give up LG. People are sending me food and supplies to me, just so I can keep her...

For the time being, I have nowhere to go myself, so I guess LG is safe with me for now... As soon as I get notice that I am out though, I am afraid that might be when I have to seriously(seriously) be ready to re-home her to my friend in So-Cal...

I'm still on that crumby old computer from the late 1900's(lol, Windows Millennium Edition), so I need to get over to that other computer to upload the photos... Let me see if I can't get that done tonight. My ankles and soles of my feet are so sore from walking around all day, looking for work, it's not even funny... All the places are open mostly during the day, especially if it's Sunday, so I had to go out and pound the pavement when it was noon, 100 degree heat. :shock:

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
sheri85":1gkf4cq4 said:
somehow i got unsubscribed to this thread, so i'm sort of catching up.

sorry everything is so tough right now. have you had any luck in finding LG a new home? (i wish i lived closer--i don't have room for another tank, but i'd find room!)

i dunno how much this will help, but i'm selling beardie plushies to raise money for beardies in need. i've raised $80 so far for Bowser, who you can read about here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=148935

more info on my plushies is here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=151626

i've got a couple pending orders, so maybe if we spread the word i can get more orders to help both these beardies.

LG's such a brave girl, and you're so amazing for what you've done for her. i want to help any way i can :)

Those are very, neat; Way-to be creative!

I would love to see what a LG crochet would look like; Though it might just look like an unfinished stitch-job on the legs huh? Lol...

That is very kind of you to offer, but as I posted earlier; I really don't know how much longer I'm going to be staying in the house that I'm in now... LG may be going to someone else very soon, I simply cannot afford the basic care at this point in my life(I'm on the brink of moving into a shelter myself), so I really can't keep asking those around me to foot the bills.

Back when I got LG, things were much different... I could afford to feed and take care of 4 bearded dragons(all rescues), a bullfrog(rescue) and a crayfish(rescue)... I even had two other rescued reptiles for shorter periods, that I wasn't able to save.

That's back when I was living at home, had a job and yet wasn't required to pay rent... Now that I'm starting to emerge into the real world and half of my money disappears as soon as my check is cashed, those pets I brought home(be they rescued or not) just don't seem to be in the budget any more...

Sad, sad thing but it happened so slowly I didn't even see it happening... I had to give my bullfrog to a vet, who assured me he would NOT euthanize it; Instead they would care for it and find a home... Same with Buddy and Trouble, my bearded dragon rescues...

Anyhow, this is kind of hurting my heart remembering all these guys...

Not your fault; In fact I appreciate you taking the time to write. I think the crochets are awesome; My grandma would have said, "Ohh how neat, but kind of scary!" :lol:

She crocheted but she always thought my taste in pets was kind of creepy... :)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Jason, you've had a really hard time lately. I hope and pray things get better for you and you don't have to give up lg. You are as important to her as she is to you. It would be like giving up your kids.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Life just stinks sometimes, Jason, and there's not alot you can do. I'm sorry it's taking so long to find a job, I know it's really tough to find work right now in the States. I live in Canada, but my husband was American & he kept me up to date on how everything's going in the USA. So I'm praying that you'll find work & be able to keep LG, otherwise, if your friends are good with beardies, it makes sense to re-home her under these conditions. I know it's hard, but if you think of LG being fostered (I've been fostering Didi since July 2010 and have enjoying him immensly).

I can only wish you the best of luck & that you find work soon. I'm hoping you'll still stay in touch with all of us, as I've grown very fond of LG & you, especially because of your courage. I've followed your thread from the beginning and I know how courageous, kind & patient you are.

So I'll wish you as much luck as you can handle,
I'm praying that everything falls into place for you,
Take care,
Deb

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
jscott":363qqgoc said:
LG was being pretty finicky with the wax worms at first these past couple days... I had been in a hurry before work and had to feed her without taking any "winning" pics...

However, she seems to be developing a taste for them; I found her waiting to be fed by the glass today and while she still doesn't go after food, she was obviously waiting for it.

She gobbled down a half dozen worms for the camera, unfortunately I am not on the computer right now that I upload them to(this comp is 10 years older than the camera)...

Pics will be up tonight, midnightish... :wink:

Sorry midnight took so long. :oops:

IMG_6770x.jpg

IMG_6788x.jpg

IMG_6796x.jpg

IMG_6797x.jpg

IMG_6801x.jpg

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
IMG_6806x.jpg

IMG_6815x.jpg

IMG_6820x.jpg

Those were all of the successful shots. Again; It's been hard getting food in her mouth since that last medical issue.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone... I have some new pics of LG enjoying her reptiworms from lovemybeardies; Thanks again from the kindness, I know LG must be loving all these new and different foods(she had both kinds of worms for lunch yesterday and today)...

I will get those pics uploaded asap, agaain; This isn't the computer I do the pictures on...

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
The love that people here have for each other is amazing and wonderful! I'm glad you were given those worms for lg, and that she's enjoying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom