LG ~ The Handi-Capable Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
jscott":2b6gfrf1 said:
I have more pictures than I know what to do with. The problem is I'm back on a windows ME computer and everything is 10x slower;

I know this feeling. I got a dell 3 years ago. It started out on Vista and then, when it started giving me problems I had the whole thing wiped and upgraded to windows 7. After about 8 months, the computer went insane and started 'bouncing'! Im now having to use my husbands computer when I can - its running on XP but is SERIOUSLY slow!!! Photobucket freezes when I try to upload more than 1 photo at a time so, for now, I have given up on uploading - I just dont have the patience!

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Bouncing computer eh? Must be a cooling function... :lol:

Seriously though; It's refreshing to hear I'm not the only one still online with an older computer, though I think I have you all beat with my windows millennium edition... Unless there's anyone out there still managing to run windows 98 or 95 online and get away with it(I doubt you'd get very far).

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Jason have you ever used a soft horse hair brush for cleaning LG?
I have never used anything but water and my soft nail brush to clean mine an it works great(one side has the short bristles and one side longer for getting in between fingers and toes), gets any poop or left over food from beard, tail, feet, hands...etc...plus my beardies seem to like it...like getting a massage with every bath. LOL

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks you two; I will keep those things in mind next time I'm shopping for beardie supplies.

I went to Petsmart today with the gift card Prouddragonmama sent me a few days ago(thanks again!); spent about half of it on some crickets since LG has been out of those for a couple weeks.

I am not on a computer that can handle pics right now, but I have a couple dozen feeding pics, so I will get them up asap! :mrgreen:

Thanks again to Prouddragonmama and to everyone who has donated to help feed and house LG so far... I couldn't have done it without all of your help. :wink:

MissT

BD.org Addict
Hey, Jason!
I'm glad you were able to get some crickets for LG! I hope she enjoyed them!!!
How is she doing with eating her salad etc?

Jason, you could always have a tub of beardie pellets on stand by- I know when iv been having problems getting feeders that has come in handy for me! I use a zoo med one- it's maybe only once every few months that I have to use them- but at least I know they are there! You can put them
in water and they go nice and mushy!!!

Hope all is going a little better!! How are you doing? I hope you are keeping well!
What about the housing situation- any progress?

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Wow. Took the last two and a half days to read through this, and let me say it was worth it. You are a miracle worker, Jason. What you have done for LG is amazing, and I really do hope things work out in favor of the two of you staying together. You need her as much or more than she needs you. Seriously. If I hadn't just lost my job, I would send some supplies your way, in the mean time I will spread your story to my friends in the animal community and see what we can't come up with.

jscott":nqrniteu said:
Youtube still constantly warns me that my computer is dangerously outdated, but I just ignore those boxes and click on the Stevie Wonder. :lol:

You are my hero for this. xP

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
MissT":1bvkpj29 said:
Hey, Jason!
I'm glad you were able to get some crickets for LG! I hope she enjoyed them!!!
How is she doing with eating her salad etc?

Jason, you could always have a tub of beardie pellets on stand by- I know when iv been having problems getting feeders that has come in handy for me! I use a zoo med one- it's maybe only once every few months that I have to use them- but at least I know they are there! You can put them
in water and they go nice and mushy!!!

Hope all is going a little better!! How are you doing? I hope you are keeping well!
What about the housing situation- any progress?

It's very hard to get her to eat veggies. Lately the only ones I can get in her moth are in mashed up form, like baby foods.

I will try those pellets, I've seen the different salads. They just look awful dry and fiberous even after adding water and that's what LG seems to have a hard time with.

Everything else I'm just taking one day at a time... Went to the hospital today to get my meds changed; Mood swings and sleeplessness(sp?) for too long has taken it's toll...

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Pixall":2nrpq9hh said:
Wow. Took the last two and a half days to read through this, and let me say it was worth it. You are a miracle worker, Jason. What you have done for LG is amazing, and I really do hope things work out in favor of the two of you staying together. You need her as much or more than she needs you. Seriously. If I hadn't just lost my job, I would send some supplies your way, in the mean time I will spread your story to my friends in the animal community and see what we can't come up with.

jscott":2nrpq9hh said:
Youtube still constantly warns me that my computer is dangerously outdated, but I just ignore those boxes and click on the Stevie Wonder. :lol:

You are my hero for this. xP

Thanks for the kind post; Don't overdo yourself though, this thread is getting pretty long! :p

Seriously though, thanks; Glad this thread is inspirational to people in some way or another. :D

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I'm pretty tired but I wanted to post something while on this computer... I don't know if I mentioned it here or just in a private message, but I had some good feeding pics of LG that were wiped off my camera... I thought they were already on the computer so when I formatted the camera to take more pictures I lost the pics.

For now, here are some pics of LG exploring outside; I will get some new feeding pics tomorrw, promise:

IMG_8003x.jpg

IMG_8006x.jpg

IMG_8007x.jpg

IMG_8008x.jpg

IMG_8009x.jpg

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Ok, well it looks like this is it for now... I will take some new pics tomorrow during her lunch and upload them asap!

IMG_7905x.jpg

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone, glad you like the pics...

@beardie parents; Yea, I was going to put more of them together into a video but I have been dead tired these last few weeks... Burning the candle at both ends with work, what little personal life I have left lately and trying to get into a stable home at the same time.

So I just posted the pictures that best showed off her walking skills and saved the video for another day...

All day today, I've been trying to get her to eat on camera so I can get you guys some new feeding pics... She refused to open her mouth; Instead she kept sliding off the edge off the enclosure making me catch her. Finally I took her outside to bask because I knew that's what she really wanted.

So we went outside, explored for a while. laid in the shade a bit. There is still plenty of daylight left, so I'll keep offering her food. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinny2010b
Top Bottom