LG ~ The Handi-Capable Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
Hi, how are you? Great shed pics. Mine get terribly cranky during sheds, too. The video was fun to watch- LG rubbing his little head on the ground, awww... He'd see a cricket, tilt his head like "I'm not so sure this is alive" then you'd poke it and he's like "Convinced me! nom nom crunch!" So sweet. :D

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Kirby, thank you, he sure has come a long way hasn't he? it makes me happy to know he's happy. thanks for dropping by :wink: .

dolcedragon, yea he does get restless during sheds. i feed him live feeders but i squish their heads first; i do this so they dont squirm or hop away from him. basically, ive been hand feeding him every meal his whole life :roll: . thanks for remarking :wink: .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

since my pics got placed at the end of the last page i'll post them again for easier viewing:

LG just finished up with a full shed, so hes been pretty cranky the past week or so:
P2170249.jpg

P2170250.jpg

P2170252.jpg

P2170243.jpg

P2170244.jpg

P2170246.jpg

since then hes been very restless and doesnt seem to want to stay in his cage. i made this setup on my bed for him so he can hang out in my room with me:
P2160239.jpg

P2160235.jpg

P2160237.jpg

heres that video of him eatting. he really seems to fill up alot faster depending on the size of the cricket; these ones are pretty big so he gets stuffed within a couple minutes:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
What a way to start my day :love5: with a video of my favorite little guy. :love5:
I just got tickled to death watching him chomp on those crickets.
It look like he was saying num num with every bite. :D
It looks like he has pretty easy sheds all in one peice.

Thanks for sharing the video!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Nothing tickles me more than watching LG smack his chops.
Just like Barbara I always make the "OM NOM NOM NOM" noises in my head when I see him chowing down.

He looks just stunning in those photographs.
It makes me long for a 'proper' camera to snap my babies with.

Thanks for giving us our LG hit.
Holly

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Jason- thanks for the new picts of LG. The only thing that could make Katherine happier than seeing all of Barb's babies on one page is new video of LG. :D She really loves to listen to him crunch and smack his way through dinner. She wants me to send you some "Happy Bouncies", so, here they are from your littlest fan- :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:
We are so happy to see you back online. You really are missed when you aren't here. Hope things are looking up for you. :D

Sandy H

ewstokes

Juvie Member
I was curious, and this question may have been asked before but I didn't feel like going through all 30 some pages. How does he get around?

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Just like any other, just a bit slower and lower. I have a 3 footed dragon, and he goes, scamper, scamper, plop, scamper. Losing limbs is a bit of an adjustment, but they still have all the energy and pizaaz the ordinary 4 limbed ones do ;)
Janie.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
I just got an email from a breeder that is going to be at a reptile show that i'm going to next week that has a dragon like this that is looking for a new home. He's an adult. I'm actually considering it since I have the room and the finances. I have a few questions on your set up. This may be a dumb question.. but can he climb? how do you work your basking spot? I need information to see if I am able to home him and to be sure that I know all that I can about what he will need from me.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
It really depends on the amount of appendages the dragon is missing. Yardley is able to climb, and pounce, however I suspect that LG is a bit less active. If more than half are missing, than I would make the enclosure lower, instead of a 24" high and wide, only 12" high and 24 wide. This way you can place a soft hump for a basking spot. Gradual ramps instead of sharp angled, perhaps even repticarpet for better purchase and support.
Janie.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
I named mine Yardley cause he went the whole yard on recovery. He's missing his back right foot and part of the tail. The young lady who rescued him brought him back to excellent health ! *FOR YOU KAZZY !*
I could have named him stumpy, but Yardley seemed better.
Is Mr. Stumpy an adult you said ? Do you know how many appendages he is missing ?
Admin, perhaps we should split this off to a different thread, so we aren't hijacking this one ?
Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom