Lexia,Kinno,Bobble,Chimaira&Hadyn. Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

This is the story of how we got our two baby dragons. It all started when my daughter brought home a beardie the whole family fell in love with him. You know some teens get when they get moody *dont touch him hes my beardie* gah it hurt because everyone loved him and played with him fed him we all pitched in. She even go so moody one day she moved his viv to her room so no one could see or play with him. (girls and pms :roll: )So i made a thread http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98235 * I want a BD for myself* i guess there was a few people who were in the same boat as me. Being a BD grandma is tuff! (She of course got over it and moved him back down stairs) I wanted to get one who might need a little more care or love thought first thing *rescue* I was checking cragelist daily not one bd post in the weeks i was looking. Then a breeder(DistDrag) posted on the thread letting me know he had 2 babys just hatched out that had small issues, one with a crooked tail and one with a leg that didnt work. They were the cutest things! I still had to get the ok from my hubby once he seen those pics he was hooked!! So he let me take them both! They were still way to young for me to get yet so we were happy to leave them with the breeder(DistDrag)till they were safe to travel. He kept us posted on how they were doing and posted updated pictures. The day came to where they were ready to be sent to us. Oh boy i was so excited i couldnt sleep and kept a eye out the window for them to get here! :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: <-- that was me 10 fold lol I heard the UPS man drive up and i was out the door!
Still in the box!
Babys006.jpg

Comming out of the little box's.
Babys009.jpg

This is the one with the left foot that dosnt work(My hubbys) He/she dosnt have a name yet.
Babys014.jpg

This is the one with the kink in the tail. I call her Roo short for Kangaroo.
Babys018.jpg

Heres a comparison between Chimera and Roo.
Babys019.jpg

They are both from the same clutch they are 1 month 1 week old and 6 1/2 inches long.

We will never let more than 1 of beardies to be out of their viv's at one time. Except for the 2 new babys just for a while so we can sit and watch tv with them to get them used to us. They both have their own vivs. I have to say ty to everyone! I have learned so much since i have joined! I dont think our babys would be as healthy as they are if it wasnt for all of you!

Ill be posting more pictures soon and more tails from their goofy antics lol

fez09

Extreme Poster
Poor little Roo, she did look wiped out! That's gotta be alot work! I know that you are taking the best post-eggie care of her though!!! She'll snap back in no time!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
The grandbrat helped me bathe and weigh in all of my tribe today. Took me about a hour because i was only doing one at a time to make sure I didnt have any problems.

Chimaira started eating veggies again a week ago all on his own. Hes gained 10g the last week with no bugs at all. Hes been getting so much exercise too i was hoping he lost a bit more. She was 708g in Feb.
P3100028.jpg

Kinno is doing quite well hes been eating his veggies too. Its so nice to not have to hand feed lol His weight hasnt changed much. Hes a lazy boy.
P3100041.jpg

Zorina has gained alot over the last few months. She was 198 in Jan. She is a little sweetie.
P3100026.jpg

Lexia If shes going to lay more eggs for us it should be in a week to a week and a half. I really hope not she was 351g in Jan. Shes lost a bit of weight. I ordered superworms for her and Roo to help with getting them built back up again.
P3100032.jpg

Roo is doing quite well shes back to her normal self. She was 468 in Jan. Shes also lost alot of weight. Trying to fatten them up between clutches isnt a easy thing.
P3100035.jpg

Bobble hes a bit shy still hes doing really well in Ambers room. Shes in there 80% of the time doing her school work. He was 509g in Jan. Not to much of a gain but just a bit. Hes a veggie/bug eating machine.
P3100049.jpg

When kids do something they shouldnt they should be smart enough to erase the evidence. Amber was BUSTED! I knew what was going to happen when i seen Bobbles beard flare and his tail gave a little wiggle. :angry5: Bobble is a VERY agressive male.

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
lmao i love the vid bobble looks pissed. amber is so busted lol. i just love your bunch i think we i head out there to steal derien im stealing kinno he is just to cute. :D

fez09

Extreme Poster
Mean ol' Amber!!! Bobble is quite the Man-ly Man though!!! Great weigh ins Christy! I wish I could get my crew to the 400 mark, they've all been stalled out for the last 2 months...Come on SPRING!!!!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Chimairas still a bit to fat. I'm still limiting the bugs he can only have roaches not as fatty as the supers.Bath exercises every day if i have time and alot of roam time. He looks sooo much better than he did. Kinno looks really well hes a big boy but not a fatty hes so lazy im shocked hes not 800g by now lol

Amber got grounded after i seen the video. Kinno was trying to get under the bed. Hes not a fighter hes only intrested in the ladys lol Did you notice that Bobble didnt turn his beard black to Kinno. He knows Kinnos a bigger guy but he won't back down.I bet Bobble would of taken off Kinnos tail if their wasnt the glass between them.

I was looking at little Lexia she shead her head yesterday she has no fat pads left :( I've been feeding her and Roo as much veggies((mustard,colard,turnip greens) and roaches/crickets they would eat. They are both good eaters. Roo still has fat pads. But Roo was alot fatter than Lexia was to start off with. My order of supers came in yesterday. So i started them on supers for the extra fat. Anything else i can do to help them gain more between clutches? Both are well hydrated, basking and pooping everyday. Now all i need is Z laying too :shock:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
fresnowitte":d019d said:
It's okay Amber I don't think you were bad... :wink: girls gotta have fun... :lol:

Nice weigh ins. :wink:

Don't give that girl any ideas LOL She likes to see their reactions to eachother. She loves them all to death. She almost punched out my oldest daughter because she said "their only pets nothing special" Boy those are fighting words to Amber. It was WWIII here all day after that.

I bet she would love a trip to your house Barbara. All your beardies and the babys she would have a blast!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
She probably would :wink: she'd see stuff going on like that in just about every room of the house at any given time of the day. :lol: Only it's usually the males head bobbing trying to get into one of the females viv's. Or a female trying to punk another female they are so jealous of one another and their territory. :shock:

I'm with you on that statement Sandi...lucky for glass.

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Hey Christy! Great weights and everyone is looking good! Eventhough you were mad at Amber she made a good video for you to show people who want to put 2 beardies together! How is sweet little Z doing?

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Z is doing so well. Shes such a sweet little thing. All she does is eat and eat and eat and bask. Thats her little life atm. I let her get a bit of roam time in each day she not thrilled about it she likes it in her viv. She no longer flips out if she sees one of the other beardies. She actually ran up to Chimairas viv and gave a quick little headbob and turned side ways and went about doing her own thing. She melts my heart :D

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I think its come time to rehome Zorina and im 99% sure Bobble as well. Zorina is fat happy and healthy. Sweet as can be too. Bobble is having a super hard time with the grandbaby he just cant handle the stress of being down stairs so hes stuck up in the bedroom with Amber. Hes actually my daughter Cheri's but she never feeds,bathes or even takes him out at all shes so busy with school. Me and Amber have been taking good care of him and trying to take him out a hour or two a day. Usually when the baby is sleeping witch isnt much anymore. I only think it would be fair to him to maybe re-home him. If i did re-home them i think i would re-home to people who could come pick them up. I don't think i could ship them. I cant sleep because ive been thinking about it all night. :(

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Aww Christy, I know this has to be a tough decision for you. I know you love your babies. Maybe Bobble would do better as an "only child" and I can understand that you don't want to ship them. Although, I would love to have Z..... In the end, no matter how hard it is for you, you have to do what is right for them. {{HUGS}}

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
That is too bad that you are going to have to rehome your little Bobble :( It would be nice if you could find someone on the site to take him.
Maybe he needs to go live with Barb's little Bender, who also wants to be an only child(beardie) :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom