Lexia,Kinno,Bobble,Chimaira&Hadyn. Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

This is the story of how we got our two baby dragons. It all started when my daughter brought home a beardie the whole family fell in love with him. You know some teens get when they get moody *dont touch him hes my beardie* gah it hurt because everyone loved him and played with him fed him we all pitched in. She even go so moody one day she moved his viv to her room so no one could see or play with him. (girls and pms :roll: )So i made a thread http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98235 * I want a BD for myself* i guess there was a few people who were in the same boat as me. Being a BD grandma is tuff! (She of course got over it and moved him back down stairs) I wanted to get one who might need a little more care or love thought first thing *rescue* I was checking cragelist daily not one bd post in the weeks i was looking. Then a breeder(DistDrag) posted on the thread letting me know he had 2 babys just hatched out that had small issues, one with a crooked tail and one with a leg that didnt work. They were the cutest things! I still had to get the ok from my hubby once he seen those pics he was hooked!! So he let me take them both! They were still way to young for me to get yet so we were happy to leave them with the breeder(DistDrag)till they were safe to travel. He kept us posted on how they were doing and posted updated pictures. The day came to where they were ready to be sent to us. Oh boy i was so excited i couldnt sleep and kept a eye out the window for them to get here! :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: <-- that was me 10 fold lol I heard the UPS man drive up and i was out the door!
Still in the box!
Babys006.jpg

Comming out of the little box's.
Babys009.jpg

This is the one with the left foot that dosnt work(My hubbys) He/she dosnt have a name yet.
Babys014.jpg

This is the one with the kink in the tail. I call her Roo short for Kangaroo.
Babys018.jpg

Heres a comparison between Chimera and Roo.
Babys019.jpg

They are both from the same clutch they are 1 month 1 week old and 6 1/2 inches long.

We will never let more than 1 of beardies to be out of their viv's at one time. Except for the 2 new babys just for a while so we can sit and watch tv with them to get them used to us. They both have their own vivs. I have to say ty to everyone! I have learned so much since i have joined! I dont think our babys would be as healthy as they are if it wasnt for all of you!

Ill be posting more pictures soon and more tails from their goofy antics lol

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
:blob5: :blob8: Christy, you have lots to celebrate today! :blob8: :blob5:

Happy 'Hatch Day' Bobble!

Good job Roo!!! (No more eggs girlie, you hear me? You're drivin' your momma bananas!)

Christy, you are right, Bobble is the "Master of the stink eye" Tell you what, I'll send you Lucy, "Mistress of the stink eye" in about a year. Their babies could over take the whole world with the power of the stink eye. :lol:

fez09

Extreme Poster
Awwww, Happy hatch day to Bobble! Congrats on Roo laying, let's hope that's the last of them!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
We all wish Bobble HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WOW A YEAR OLD ALREADY! Hope you had a great beardie day, eating your favourite food, getting cuddles from everyone. You're such a handsome boy!

Time sure flies...glad to hear Roo laid her eggs, don't they drive you crazy before they lay? Sweetie's into infertile egg laying on a monthly basis. She woke up from 4 mo brumation and laid a bunch Jan 23 and again Feb 24. Now I think Issy has joined the egg-laying at 18 mo old. Only time will tell, but she's awfully big & has alot of weight since brumation.

Your babies are all healthy & happy, I always loved the pic of the row of beardie containers on your porch every beardie getting lots of sun. What a wonderful way to get lots of sun and not juggle beardies one by one!

Deb

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Happy "One Year" Birthday, Bobble!

Christy, you sure have your hands full with b'days, eggs and let's not forget the sweet little Darien :D How do you do it? :shock:
Are the gray hairs sprouting as we speak?!!! :lol:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
gulfbrzdawn":8a416 said:
Are the gray hairs sprouting as we speak?!!! :lol:
They are! *crys* If it wasnt for my daughter Amber helping me so much with the beardies i dont know how i would make it.

I pray neither Lexia or Roo lay anymore eggs i see what each batch takes out of them. They are so tired for almost a week after laying. Good warm baths lots and lots of food and calcium. I couldnt imagine them laying every month from now on :( Before Roo layed i wanted to ducttape her still she was all over the place. The males could hear her and then they were all over the place lol This time she paced first, first scratch and i stuck in the lay box and she laid withen 3 hours. I'm getting pretty good at knowing when they are ready.

Bobble had a good day food and baths in the bath tub so he could swim even let him get a peek at the ladys :wink:

I cant believe my babies have all grown up :(

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Before Roo layed i wanted to ducttape her still she was all over the place.
:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: There goes my coffe all over the computer table. :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

I can so relate to that Christy...Tiggs about drives me insane.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I would love for this to be a poster picture before people who have no clue what it takes out of our poor babys when they lay eggs rather they have been bread or not. It breaks my heart to see them after they lay :( I took this picture last night before her bedtime :(
P3030001.jpg

This was her a few days before she laid her eggs.
P2230250.jpg

She is so warn out she can only drag half her body onto her basking rock :( I put blankies over them and set her up on it today. Im going to give her another good long bath and go pick out some big roaches for her as a treat. Shes eating and pooing really good so i know all is on the mend. I know in another week she will be back to her normal self. Shes also in shead and that has to be awful. If Lexias going to lay another round it will be at the end of this month *crosses fingers she dosnt*

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Oh, poor baby! She looks so tired. That egg laying must be such hard work. I am crossing my fingers that Miss Chloe doesn't decide to give me a clutch of eggs - seeing all these egg threads are making me paranoid! Give darling Roo lots of kisses from us and tell her I hope she is back to normal soon... and NO MORE EGGS! :D

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
poor baby, she looks so drained. Chrisy i wish you could wall paper the site with that picture maybe people would think twice. Hugs and extra buggies from my bunch.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I missed Bobble's first birthday?!? I'm so sorry :oops:

Happy belated 1st Birthday!!!

Poor Roo. She looked so exhausted after laying - as if she'd just finished a triathelon or something.
Hopefully she's all done with egg laying for a long while.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Poor Roo. Idk what is up with Lilly :? . Still no eggs. I just wish we could get it over with for both our sakes.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I wish lilly would lay for you too :( it can drive you nuts. I really hope she lays very soon for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kpurlett
Top Bottom