KCMO CL Rescue... Bowser... RIP, Sweet Boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanescent

Juvie Member
yeah, true.. crew is a teen thing though xD

and also true.. it would be terrible to see another animal as bad off as rocky..
I mean I know they're out there, but it's always heartbreaking to see. :c

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
No, I agree, she doesn't look as skinny as Rocky. So I'm ***HOPING*** she won't need as much work. Idk. It looks like she can walk around and whatnot so hopefully she's not quite as bad off.

Still... NO REASON FOR THIS!

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
heartbroken":1dl9vcuw said:
and yeah I feel so sorry for the potential snake T_T
pythons are much harder to care for and feed that beardies, so that snake is DOOMED. Dx
bleh I bet we'll see him post on craigslist again in a few years 'I cannot take care of my snake anymore :(

a while back my friend adopted this ball python that's growth was so stunted from its previous owner's abuse
that he only ever ended up being a little over 2 feet.. and he had mouse bite scars all over him...
But despite his being half dead, she managed to nurse him back to health despite his non-cooperation(he wouldn't eat on his own for a couple months after she adopted him) and he ended up living another 3 years or so.. he was the funniest looking python ever, what with his weird tail(it looked like the tail of a gecko after it loses its tail and the new one is only starting to grow back) and small size, but he was so cute and spoiled.. he always refused to eat live mice though.. I WONDER WHY =___= god stupid previous owner.

Not to derail the thread but ball pythons are quite easy as long as you aren't neglectful (as this kid seems to be). Mine will be 5 next month (Happy early birthday, Aleksandr!) and he's the easiest pet I own. Granted, he's a big boy now so he eats less often than a baby but I make sure he has water, clean his plastic tub if he poops, and feed him every 2 weeks. He just snoozes under a plastic bowl on his heat pad 90% of the time. I'd have to say they're probably a better pet for children/teens since they don't have light requirements/suppliments/etc to screw up and can tolerate a screw up once in a while. Aleks was actually underweight when I bought him (4 months old and only 65 grams!), he saw a vet, I got a feeding tip, and he gained 300 grams in a 6 month period so even a newbie (me, back then) can handle these boys. 8)

Oh, and if your friend ever gets another ball python that won't eat lives, I have a tip! Aleks was afraid of his live mice and would freak out if they touched him (he hadn't been bitten or anything, just a scared baby) and a really knowledgeable employee at a Petland taught me a trick. Take the live mouse and put it in a clear, glass fish bowl that's large enough that the mouse can't get out. The snake can see and smell the mouse but it won't walk on them (scares them sometimes). The snake will go into the fish bowl from the top and nab the mouse. It probably saved my snake's life.

And that poor beardie. :( If I had the room, I would be happy to take one in someday. I went with a breeder baby since it's my first dragon and I wanted to get some experience with a healthy lizard first.

evanescent

Juvie Member
Fuzzyviper":u44d7x1v said:
heartbroken":u44d7x1v said:
and yeah I feel so sorry for the potential snake T_T
pythons are much harder to care for and feed that beardies, so that snake is DOOMED. Dx
bleh I bet we'll see him post on craigslist again in a few years 'I cannot take care of my snake anymore :(

a while back my friend adopted this ball python that's growth was so stunted from its previous owner's abuse
that he only ever ended up being a little over 2 feet.. and he had mouse bite scars all over him...
But despite his being half dead, she managed to nurse him back to health despite his non-cooperation(he wouldn't eat on his own for a couple months after she adopted him) and he ended up living another 3 years or so.. he was the funniest looking python ever, what with his weird tail(it looked like the tail of a gecko after it loses its tail and the new one is only starting to grow back) and small size, but he was so cute and spoiled.. he always refused to eat live mice though.. I WONDER WHY =___= god stupid previous owner.

Not to derail the thread but ball pythons are quite easy as long as you aren't neglectful (as this kid seems to be). Mine will be 5 next month (Happy early birthday, Aleksandr!) and he's the easiest pet I own. Granted, he's a big boy now so he eats less often than a baby but I make sure he has water, clean his plastic tub if he poops, and feed him every 2 weeks. He just snoozes under a plastic bowl on his heat pad 90% of the time. I'd have to say they're probably a better pet for children/teens since they don't have light requirements/suppliments/etc to screw up and can tolerate a screw up once in a while. Aleks was actually underweight when I bought him (4 months old and only 65 grams!), he saw a vet, I got a feeding tip, and he gained 300 grams in a 6 month period so even a newbie (me, back then) can handle these boys. 8)

Oh, and if your friend ever gets another ball python that won't eat lives, I have a tip! Aleks was afraid of his live mice and would freak out if they touched him (he hadn't been bitten or anything, just a scared baby) and a really knowledgeable employee at a Petland taught me a trick. Take the live mouse and put it in a clear, glass fish bowl that's large enough that the mouse can't get out. The snake can see and smell the mouse but it won't walk on them (scares them sometimes). The snake will go into the fish bowl from the top and nab the mouse. It probably saved my snake's life.

And that poor beardie. :( If I had the room, I would be happy to take one in someday. I went with a breeder baby since it's my first dragon and I wanted to get some experience with a healthy lizard first.
oh o_O I thought they were harder, probably cuz the only people i've known with them were my uncle(adopted an abused one) and my friend Victoria(adopted a REALLY abused one) .. they all needed like special stuff, care, and allllll of both peoples' free time. Vivi was constantly talking about Rayden and stuff, and to look at the poor baby you could tell he needed all the extra care and attention he could get. O: I forgot that snakes don't eat as often as other animals; stupid mistake..I was really tired. xD butyeah.. I hope he takes better care of the snake =__=

eh, I don't think she will.. I think that when Raidyn(god I wish I knew the proper spelling) died, he took a part of her too.
she was all depressed and said she wasn't getting another pet.. but the mouse in a bowl thing really does sound like a good idea. o_O I wonder how they thought of that :3

oh && Happy birthday to Aleks<3

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I've already gotten some donations! :blob5: :blob8: I definitely have enough to get her, at least.

Here's the scoop... I called his mom again this morning. Apparently he got her to breed with his male. But she won't allow him to breed with her AND she refuses to eat sometimes, which is why she's so thin. His mom said she doesn't know if it was the stress of moving homes or if she's just not happy or what. But she said he has a very hard time getting her to eat. And she hasn't been the the vet recently. (Umm, hello, maybe something is wrong with her mouth or internally and that's why she won't eat? UGH!) She is not past breeding age but she isn't for sure how old she is. She said I'll have to ask her son.

I'm going to talk to the son tomorrow evening and will prolly pick her up Monday. Any thoughts for how to get this girl started eating when I get her?

Does anyone have any CHEs that you don't use that you could send my way before I buy a new one?

Jess

Extreme Poster
Wait, so he has a MALE beardie too?! I sure hope he is in better shape... Ugh.

And I can't part with my CHE, buuuuttt you can get one for really cheap from www.petmountain.com. Mine was $17. :D

evanescent

Juvie Member
I have a nice one I won't really need until winter.. O:
I was checking out all my bulbs a few days ago so I knew which ones I should keep or toss(this one florescent heat bulb).

also WTF for the him having a male and trying to breed them thing..
that's..bleh... =__=
I hope he's healthier..

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok, cool. That's cheaper than PetCo WITH my employee discount. LOL

Now I just need to figure out how to get more donations. :-/

Jess

Extreme Poster
Cute name! Do you say it like "China" or...? (I'm really bad at figuring out how to day things LOL)

Any news on her pick-up date?

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
This is so sad!

Poor thing.

Thank TASTIGER for telling me that you guys found this little girl,

Keep us posted on her

I'm off to go to the zoo with TASTIGER

Hope to have some new news on the little one when I get back

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
I really like Chyna!! Very cool name!
Please let us know when pick up date is and then post pics! :)
How are donations coming along?

P.S cute banner Jess.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Here is the email I received today...

Hello, Ashley I am now back in town and I heard that you called. Anyway I still have Sandy, so if you still want her then go ahead and call me (461-5462).She is 6 years old and she is eating vegetables and some insects. She eats about every week. Asking 45.00 for her and her stuff.
Joe M.

I'm gonna call this afternoon.

EVERY WEEK?!?!?!? WTF?????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom