KCMO CL Rescue... Bowser... RIP, Sweet Boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Are you freaking kidding me?????? UGH! How close is this to you? And how the hell do people ask for money for their sick dragons?????? I am so sad, I want to take it, but it is in now way in any condition to be shipped. :(

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Same city as me. I emailed him and asked how old she is and how often/what does she eat.

I can't believe how common this seems to be.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I wish I could find someone to take her! Idk if I can. MAYBE, but I'm so strapped for cash as it is, I haven't even been able to donate to Rocky yet.

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
"And she is becoming way to thin."

Well then, feed her. And if she won't eat, take her to a vet. And if you can't afford to feed her, you have no business asking for another animal in trade.

:angry5:

Maaaaaaaaaaaaan...

Sashee, if you did wind up with her and need some financial help to care for her (even if it's just until you can find her a new home), I know people would be willing to donate to that just like they are with Rocky. (Wish I could donate to Rocky, too, but there's just NO extra money right now.)

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I know, but I don't want to ask that since so many have donated to Rocky. He still hasn't answered my email about her age and feeding.

This breaks my heart and is literally all I can think about right now. :(

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Understand, definitely. Poor little thing... :( A good friend of mine is from the KC area. I'll tell her to give anyone she knows there who might be able to help a heads-up. Quite a few people in her family are involved in animal rescue.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok. If I knew where he lived exactly, I'd call the humane society of kc or animal control. Ugh... I so want to help her. :(

evanescent

Juvie Member
ughh calling animal control wouldn't help any either..
almost none of their pets ever get adopted out. Dx

if I lived closer i'd definitely go get her D:
and if money is tight and you could arrange a meetup you could probably get him to down the price a bit, teehee.
mention vet bills and stuff, health of the animal, offer to let him keep the tank and supplies..
appeal to his 'human' side, (if he even has one it shouldn't be too hard)..
human psychology works wonders. not via email, though.
phone and face-to-face's the only way it works well..
don't act angry, at least try//pretend to be all sympathetic for the dude, even if it's hard... =w=

I loveeee psychology, it's an important lifeskill and works best when someone already feels the way you do.
the dude seems to know she's in bad condition,
and she seems to have water and food..
so she's probably not in Rocky condition and wouldn't need expensive fluid injections as he did. >_<

and who knows, maybe there really is something wrong with the dragon rather than just neglect o__O
orrr maybe the food is only in there for the sake of the picture.
we'll really never know unless one of us goes to get her and reports back.
at least he isn't claiming it to be 'in perfect health' like Rocky's owner did Dx

butyeah I really think that Rocky's forever set the standard on here for beardie neglect. :/

evanescent

Juvie Member
seriously though, set up a paypal or something if you're serious about getting her.
i'd probably be able to get a little extra cash
if I molested my friends and neighbors for a bit of cash if I printed the pictures and showed them around while asking for odd household jobs no one wants to do..

I know a lot of softies and the bar for what qualifies as 'bad pet care//abuse' is set pretty low in my city(some of you might have noticed my 'omg i'm such a bad person' thing after seeing this site.. I vet'd them, they're perfectly healthy).. Oh dem Arlingtonians. :p

we're so close to DC if you mention 'animal rights' you get a spazz out and a downtown protest! XD
(exaggeration, but seriously. as long as I don't pull this on them every day, I could get a couple bucks out of kawaii beardie sympathy if I put a montague of my best, cutest beardie pixx I have and then Rocky or some other poor emaciated dragon...)

cdlnn

I posted this one earlier too. I am in Liberty. I can't believe he is trying to get money from the poor thing. I can't afford another one either, nor do I have any room. I feel like my husband wants to kill me for having as many pets as we already have. I hope there are more posters in our area.

Someone on craigslist yesterday afternoon / evening posted a really angry repsonse to him, threatening to turn him etc...but it got flagged down.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Will someone please take this poor thing!!! I can't stand it... If I were closer, I would get her right now!! I wanna cry. I have everything needed for her, but there is no way she is in any shape to be shipped to me! Someone has to live in this area that can take care of her!!

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I didn't realize you were so close! I'm emailing him again. He still has not responded to my first one. GRRR...

If he ever emails me, I might set up something. I want to help her, and I agree, she doesn't look AS BAD as Rocky, but still... NOT good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom