KCMO CL Rescue... Bowser... RIP, Sweet Boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheri85

Juvie Member
yep, i'm on facebook. you can find me under Sheri Simpson (i have the pic of Archer and the plushie as my profile pic).

glad that Bowser is doing better. he's such a trooper!

just let me know what color(s) you want your plushie to be and i'll be happy to make and send it to you. i love to crochet, and i'm glad i can crochet and help an animal in need.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok, cool. I friended you. My profile pic is Nick from BSB. LOL (I'm such a teenager.) I'm thinking like, turquoise and lime green. Maybe like, the body is turquoise and lime green for the accent color, like on the ruffle on the head and stuff? How detailed can you get? Like, can you do stripes or spots or something? Just curious. LOL

sheri85

Juvie Member
i can definitely do stripes or spots, though i'll probably have to sketch it out on graph paper so it's all symmetrical.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok, cool. Then I would like a turquoise body with Lime green ruffle and a lime green stripe down the back. And I'll PM you my address. Thanx so much!

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So Sunday when I got home from my friend's house (was gone all day), I fed Yosh and Bowser, then about 45 minutes later, Bowser is tearing around his tank (as best he can) and finally stops on his blanket to poop. LOL The poop was completely liquid. Then he tears around some more, completely wobbly and ends up falling over on his back. To which he just layed there til I was able to unlock his tank lid and put him upright. Any ideas as to how I can prevent this in the future? It was really scary and I don't want it to happen while I'm at work or whatever and he can't get up. :(

sheri85

Juvie Member
i just sent Bowser $20 (from two beardie plushie orders). spread the word so we get more! (i'm getting faster at making them too!)

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Sashee":35iimw53 said:
So Sunday when I got home from my friend's house (was gone all day), I fed Yosh and Bowser, then about 45 minutes later, Bowser is tearing around his tank (as best he can) and finally stops on his blanket to poop. LOL The poop was completely liquid. Then he tears around some more, completely wobbly and ends up falling over on his back. To which he just layed there til I was able to unlock his tank lid and put him upright. Any ideas as to how I can prevent this in the future? It was really scary and I don't want it to happen while I'm at work or whatever and he can't get up. :(

Does he have any basking plat-from things?

I forget if he does,

you could put more blankies in his cage?

evanescent

Juvie Member
Isn't the flipping over thing(they do it to themselves) a sign of some vitamin deficiency?
I remember reading that somewhere on here..

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanx Sheri!

No, he doesn't have any platforms. He can't climb and he's too unbalanced for me to feel comfortable with one in there. So his UVB is like this in his tank... [\] ...If that makes sense. It's angled about his "basking" spot, which is really just a blanket where he can lay under his light and his CHE.

ALSO, a week or two ago, I had been feeding him crix and waxies and one day he was acting weird and ended up throwing up all his crix, plus some waxies (which was REALLY weird cuz it had been at least 3 days since he'd EATEN any waxies). Well, Tuesday I gave him 5 crix, then 3 on Wednesday. Yesterday just baby food. Idk when, but at some point he threw up. So, now Idk what to do, yet again. Cuz I thought he was doing better. His fat pads on his head seem less crater-y and he is holding his head up a bit longer, and he's got a belly going. But he still doesn't eat anything on hiw own. Ugh. Idk. The Dr said it could be a metablic disorder he was born with and will require tests to find out. But he only throws up when I've fed crix. Idk if he is choking on them, or if he's not chewing them and they are still alive :puke: or what.

evanescent

Juvie Member
Sashee":1fxxhxa4 said:
But he only throws up when I've fed crix. Idk if he is choking on them, or if he's not chewing them and they are still alive :puke: or what.
then stop feeding him crix..? they're the most annoying feeders ever, anyway. o_O

bambichik39

Juvie Member
I agree on trying some phoenix worms, all my reptiles loved them. Also make sure to tell them to leave them at the post office, they'll cook (literally) on the mail truck while out on delivery in this heat (learned that the first time i got them and they were all dead). Also only took a few days to get them delivered. Good luck!

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well he likes waxies, but the issue now is that he won't really eat more than one on his own, MAYBE two, IF THAT. And I don't wanna force feed him buggies cus I think maybe it's the stress of having bugs shoved in his mouth that's making him sick. The baby food is watered down so I can mix the cc and reptivite in, so it's not really solids, if that makes any sense.

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
Maybe his stomach is not strong enough to digest the crickets?
as long as he doesn't throw up from eevrything else you feed him his stomach should be fine.
when there would be a serious issue with his stomach, he would throw up the water you gave him right after he swallowed it.

He was on a "diet" i guess when that 'guy' was taking "care" of him. then when you tried the crickets and he threw'em all up his stomach is probably not strong enough to digest'em yet. when he puts in a Bit more weigh and will look better maybe give him 2-3 per day and wait what happens.
^
imo. I can't say that its 100% good.

Crickets are terrible feeders just tbh. ;_; they smell. and after Spike ate crickets his poops smells. very bad. but after he only eats his locusts (once a month) and mealworms ( once a week) hes poop doesn't smell. :T but yeah crickets are the Only things that they sell here, no waxies, no horn worms (also called Goliath worms) still. Im trying to get my mom to ship the Hornworms to my city. does anybody know any good website where they ship reptile feeders in the EU (europe) ? D:>>
---

Im happy that you saved him tho. c: who knows what would happen if he would keep the beardie. ono

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes, I'm going to hold off on crix for a while. I want to try dubia roaches but my roommates said "NO!!!!". So yeah. I hope he makes it. He is still so weak that it's hard not to get discouraged. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom