KCMO CL Rescue... Bowser... RIP, Sweet Boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I will get some more pix in the next couple of days. LOL

He's suddenly not interested in eating. Idk what's up with that. Maybe it's like humans? Like, when you don't eat for so long and your stomach kinda shrinks then won't hold as much when you eat again? :dontknow: Anyway, he ate 15 crix the other day, but none since. Maybe one. I can't remember if he actually did eat one or not. So I've been doing baby food with cc mixed in. Yesterday I gave him like, 2 mLs. Today I managed 3 mLs. I'm not sure how much I should be giving him though. Should he be getting more than that? Any thoughts?

cmh3988

Hatchling Member
Poor guy :( I'm so new I have no idea what to tell you but 3 rather than 2 ML sounds better. Has he eaten any waxworms lately?

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I offered him like, 7, but he only ate 2. I had to feed the rest to Yosh. Not that he was upset about it though. LOL

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Two waxies so far today and 4.5 mL of baby food/cc/reptivite... I'm wondering if something is wrong with his left eye. He doesn't seem to notice things on that side unless they touch his face. But when I put the waxies on the other side, he gobbled them. So idk... *sigh*

Jess

Extreme Poster
Hmm, I wonder if something happened to his eye. Did they keep him on loose substrate at all?

My little Wink had trouble seeing out of his one eye, and he did the same thing: He didn't notice feeders unless they were by his "good" eye.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah, he was on like, coconut or something. I'm not familiar with whatever it was, cuz the only loose subs I'm around are what we use @ work, which are Eco Earth and Clci-sand, so it wasn't either of those. But it's like, hit and miss. So I'm wondering if he's just being picky. Which is frustrating to have a sick beardie that is ALSO choosy. UGH!

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So far, Bowser's poops have been very tiny. WAY smaller than Yoshi's. Yesterday I gave him nearly 5 mL of the baby food/cc concoction and when he pooped, it was HUGE! So, I'm thinking MAYBE he had a blockage of some sort? IDK. But I haven't been able to get him to eat feeders today. Which is so frustrating. Guess I'll try l8r. :?

Jess

Extreme Poster
Maybe he had eaten some of his old substrate then? Poor little guy. :(

BTW, Eco Earth is coconut husk, so that might have been what he was on. Or some other variation/brand of it.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ah, see? Things I don't know. LOL Well this was a reddish-brown substrate and it was kinda like sand but maybe a bit bigger. IDK. It was gross and the dumb kid didn't even clean it out before sending him home with me.

I got him to eat six crix today. But I had to put them in his mouth so he'd eat them. Idk, maybe he LIKES me force-feeding him? LOL At least he didn't spit it out, I suppose.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I think something else may be wrong with Bowser. It's almost like he doesn't WANT to eat. When I put a cricket in his mouth, he just holds it there for a bit before he finally eats it. :dontknow: Oh, and he bit me today. It didn't hurt too bad, just startling. Only bled a little. Idk if it was on purpose or not. He was getting pissy with me since I have to physically open his mouth and put the crix in. Idk if he was trying to chomp the crix or tell me to eff off. If the latter, it didn't work, cuz I made him eat two or three more before I stopped. He's being weird today. Idk. He was fine when I took him outside earlier. He kept getting frustrated cuz he's so unsteady and rigid that he'd take a few steps and fall over on his back and I'd have to save him. But then I brought him in to take a bath and eat and he had a full black beard. Idk if he was mad I made him come inside or what. He's so confusing. :(

From a few days ago, with some baby food on his mouth...

My boys' set up and their sister chillin with them...

First time I saw him sleep like this...

All streched out...

I keep forgetting belly pix. Soon, I swear. LOL

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm kinda wondering if since he was so underfed, maybe his stomach got smaller? Isn't it true with humans that if you eat more, it stretches your stomach out? Like, professional eating competetors train to strech it so it holds more? So maye the opposite can happen? Anyway, i got him to eat 15 yesterday. I think 9 or 10 today.

Has anyone else had to force feed? Are you supposed to be able to see it it their throat sometimes? Seems like after he's eaten a bit, when I open his mouth and look down his throat, I can see the chewed up food. :dontknow: Is that normal?

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
I'm sorry to hear Bowser's been a bit moody lately. About the chewed up food in his throat, I don't really think thats normal. I had to force feed some beardies of mine who unfortunatly passed, and I never saw that but then again they didn't end up too well anyways :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom