KCMO CL Rescue... Bowser... RIP, Sweet Boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i see them at the top of the page the dragon appears to be fine it seems alert active but its colour isn't normal to me it seems paler than most dragons. so heres what i recomend:

since its main problem is eating you should try going to a bait shop and getting canadian nightcrawlers (the fishing worms) and cut one into pieces and try putting those in his dish. most dragons enjoy lettuce, cabbage, brusselsprouts, and tomato leaves or small bits of tomato itself. a change of diet could help a LOT

it could also be his climate make sure the dragon is kept in no less than 85 degrees farenheit and in a dry area, no basements, closets, or basement rooms. since were in the same area (im in independence) you should have the same heat i have so try opening a window to give him a breeze and heat. dragons love summer weather it is their natural habitat after all.

he could also just be bored and depressed. lizards are known to show emotion just as humans do but express it in a different way. try changing up his routine a bit by taking him for a walk around the block on your shoulder or an enclosed area in the yard (like a big cardboard box with no bottom so he can feel the dirt and grass) let me know how he progresses.

since his main problems are dieting i strongly recomend changing it up a bit. My old dragon mojo loved canadian night crawlers chopped up. that stuff was like heroin to him lol so i used it a lot as a treat when he was good.

Floof

Juvie Member
Matt-- I'm sure your attempt to help is appreciated, but I'm concerned that your information may not be very good. In your second post, your diet recommendations... For one, tomato leaves are toxic. Not just bad for them, but genuinely poisonous to almost every animal, bearded dragons included. Cabbage and brussel sprouts are both very high in oxalates, which binds with calcium and inhibits its absorption. Lettuce is just not very nutritious, and some varieties have been known to cause diarrhea. Here's a page that lists different food options, whether to feed them (plus how often is recommended), and why they are good or bad: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

I hope this doesn't seem mean at all, and, again, I'm sure your desire to help is noted and very appreciated. I hope you stick around the forum and learn as much as you can to give your next beardie the best life possible. :)

Sashee, you're doing a great job with him so far. I look forward to continued updates on Bowser's progress!

i grew all my plants naturally so there wasnt much bad for them in there im sorry about tomatoes i didnt mean the leaf sorry i meant the seeds theyre good in protein sorry was reading and typing and wound up writing what i was reading (was reading my friends facebook in a seperate window and we were talkin about a leaf but it wasnt tomato lol)

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Alright, so today I got Bowser to take at least 2 mL of Chicken babyfood mixed with cc. Plus his daily dose of calcium the vet told me to give him. He sure hates being force-fed, though! Such a dark beard! LOL

He's getting a bit of a belly on him and as soon as I get some more money, I'm gonna get some more waxies. He loves those and between him and Yoshi, they don't last in the house for very long! LOL He tries to explore when I have him out, but he's still so wobbly and weak that I think it frustrates him cuz I won't let him go very far. But I'm happy that he is trying to move around and he moves much more than he did when I first got him. He's also awake more during the day now. Even as we speak, he keeps trying to climb all over the keyboard and I keep putting him back on my chest. LOL

well let him explore you meany! lol dragons are curious creatures. i know hes still weak but ya gotta think of it like we have ur physical therapy gotta slowly build up over time. if urs is anything like mine was ur not gonna be able to contain him. ur fighting a losing battle lol. if mojo wanted to go explor there wasnt much i could do to stop him he figured out how to get out of his cage. theres an old saying "you cant cage the beast within" this applies to dragons i guess as well lol btw if nobody has read my topic yet could someone tell me where i can get dragon eggs nearby where i live. im in the independence kansas city area. only place i can think that sells dragons at all is brothers but they dont sell eggs

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Honey, I do not think that anyone sells the eggs, just the critters that hatch from them.

Sashee, you just can't keep a good dragon down! Glad he is more active now. :mrgreen:

sheri85

Juvie Member
aw, i'm so glad to hear he's moving around more, and getting a belly! btw, i start my new job tomorrow, so when i get some money i'll be sure to send you a few more bucks.

@Matt--i know you probably have the best intentions, but your tone is pretty bossy. given the shape Bowser was in when Sashee rescued him, i think it's good that he's improving (and i also think she should follow her vet's advice, as she's been doing). Bowser was neglected and starved by his previous owner: it's not a matter of "changing his diet," but rather getting him healthy without making him sicker.

sheri85

Juvie Member
i'm going to be working at a Michael's craft store. one day a week i'll be unloading the truck and stocking, and the rest of the time i'll be working various areas of the store. i worked at Target for two years before this, so hopefully this will be a bit better since it's smaller. plus i get a discount on all my craft stuff :D

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
Havent been here in a while - I'm so glad Bowser is doing well You are doing a great job!!!

Poor guy must have been scared out of his mind having a huge male in a tank with him!!

Well done Sashee!!

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sheri85":183f4smj said:
i'm going to be working at a Michael's craft store. one day a week i'll be unloading the truck and stocking, and the rest of the time i'll be working various areas of the store. i worked at Target for two years before this, so hopefully this will be a bit better since it's smaller. plus i get a discount on all my craft stuff :D

OMG! It's bad enough I get a discount working at PetCo, if I worked at a craft store, I'd never leave with a paycheck! LOL

Fortunate":183f4smj said:
Havent been here in a while - I'm so glad Bowser is doing well You are doing a great job!!!

Poor guy must have been scared out of his mind having a huge male in a tank with him!!

Well done Sashee!!

Thank you! And I know, right?!? No wonder he didn't eat much. That male was a BIG boy, too!

sheri85

Juvie Member
Sashee":xdjbwumd said:
OMG! It's bad enough I get a discount working at PetCo, if I worked at a craft store, I'd never leave with a paycheck! LOL

yeah, i'm going to have to illustrate some restraint if i want to come home with a decent paycheck. while i was restocking i was touching all the yarn and imagining what i could make, but i already have an entire bookshelf and several overflowing baskets of yarn, so i'd better resist.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sheri85":o6qeys3h said:
Sashee":o6qeys3h said:

yeah, i'm going to have to illustrate some restraint if i want to come home with a decent paycheck. while i was restocking i was touching all the yarn and imagining what i could make, but i already have an entire bookshelf and several overflowing baskets of yarn, so i'd better resist.

Haha! I just got this mental image of a customer coming to get yarn and you grabbing it all, saying, "NO! I'M BUYING THIS! I SAW IT FIRST!" :laughhard:

sheri85

Juvie Member
lol! i remarked just last night to my boyfriend that i'm a dragon, and my hoard consists entirely of yarn. i cannot be held responsible for whatever happens to customers getting in the way of increasing that hoard.

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Bowser!! I'm glad he's getting stronger! It's only been 5 days but pictttturrrrrrrrrreeees. I'm just kidding :lol: , I know you're really busy taking good care of him. I just wanted to see his new belly! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom