Kazi - RIP my special Wee monkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like little Kazi is doing so well, so happy to hear that. How were Phoebe and Huff today, were they more awake and active? I think your Kazi man had a talk with Gizmo because he has shown some great improvements too. :D I just updated my thread.

That's terrible about your bulb, you waited so long to get it. They should at least send you ONE extra for all the time & frustration. I used to play with mercury in the thermometers too when I was younger but Esther, it made MY hair straighter lol. I wouldn't worry though Christina.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Christina,

How is Kazi doing today? Did he eat anything?
I hope he sleeps well & has another great day!

You will be fine with the broken bulb. I am sorry that it was broken after the long wait! Are you going to send it back?
Hang in there!

Tracie

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
MissT":1szcjtm9 said:
Kazi ate 3 small locusts!!!!!! Hooray for live food munching!!!!!
smiley2589.gif

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Christina,

That is great Kazi had some locusts finally!
I hope that he is feeling a lot better today! :D

Tracie

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
:D Im definitely really pleased. They are smaller than the locusts he would usually have had - I normally fed him stage 5 which were approx 2.5cm long. I have him on stage 4 now which are only about 1.5cm long - I want to make sure that he is able to digest them and will still poop normally with these more solid food items. The trouble is, that he isnt too good at getting them as his aim is off - it has been 'off' for a few months now so I always hand feed him - but I have to be quick - as soon as he opens his mouth to grab it, I have to move my hand into position so that he doesnt miss - of course, sometimes I am not quick enough which ends with him bumping his chin on the tiles or grabbing my finger or getting a mouthful of his blankie :?

He had 5 today - I think he would have taken more but I know it is important to go slowly with reintroducing them. Plus, I dont want him to stop eating his salad because he is too full!!!!!

Overall, he is having a quieter day today. He has been moving around but isnt so 'frantically' trying to et out of his viv - I guess its because he has more of his furniture in there. I finally returned his 'big' rock so when he goes to the cool side, he climbs to the top and has a snooze up there - that rock has been one of his favourite things since he was a baby!! Right now, he is eyeing up his salad - hopefully he will eat some!!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sounds like he is definitely improving bit by bit. It's good that your only giving him a few bugs, so he can digest them well. Does he eat his salads well? My 5 won't eat salad unless I give it to them, they were aso spoiled by Roger, who always hand fed salad. When they were little they always ate salad in a container in their tanks, but that's not done anymore. So I have to reintroduce this because I can't hand feed them everything every morning! So there's going to be a training course soon as I'm getting closer to being full-time at work.

Good luck Christina, lots of healing prayers heading to Kazi,
with there was a magic button that would make him 100%
Hugs to you all,
Deb

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Sometimes he eats from his bowl... Usually I have to make the salad 'rain'on his viv to get him to eat some tho. He got into the habit of being hand fed last time he was ill and it took a long time to break the habit so I'm doing my best not to 'interfere' with that side of things- il probably give in soon tho...

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Boy, Christina, us slaves are just putty in their paws :mrgreen: I have to hand feed everything, so new training rules start next week as in 2 weeks I'll be back to work full-time, so out of the house at 10:20a, then home at 9:30 at night. I have a young man, Jake, he's 15 & the building manager's son, come in about 4:30-5p every aft to turn off lights & TVs, then he cuddles each one of them & puts them back for them to sleep. Mostly when I get home from work, they're all sound asleep & I just need to cover them all with Dawn's fabulous blankies.

I know we all give in, but sometimes time is limited, so I'm hoping to start training my crew to eat salad from a bowl. Or I might do the "rain" thing that Kazi likes, see what's left at the end of the day. At least I have time every am to give baths & feed them all. I just wanted to put something in their tanks to munch on during the day. I bought some beardie bites, so maybe they'll get used to munching on them if they get hungry.

I hope Kazi has a wonderful day to day & gets some exercise & eats all his salad. That would be great!
Hugs, Christina, prayers that Kazi is back to getting back to normal & there's no more issues.
Deb

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Awww, I am so happy he is eating something!

You know he must be very pleased to have his *big* rock back in there! :blob5:

Nothing beats live food! (better than the tile or blanket for sure!LOL :mrgreen: ) His aim will get better as he has more practice :)

I did not realize that they *can* get out of practice. I thought Razz was going blind or something terrible like that when he finally started eating! I posted about his aim being sooo off, and he would also not move toward his prey, just stick his tongue out and if he missed....that was that, no more tries. But......he did get better and better, just took time.

And Kazi has had so many things going on so I would say he is certainly very much a champ! Now your dubia will have a chance to really start producing LOL Congrats on the babies as well! :blob5:

OH, do you mind if I nudge in on your thread to ask if you know what age/size/weight they should be before eating an adult male dubia?

We did give ONE to Razz today and he chomped on it as if he hadn't eaten in a week lol. But I don't want to do it again until I know he is big enough...he is still a juvie :roll: He has been eating larger size, about an inch and sometimes an inch plus just fine. The large nymphs seem to have a harder shell than the adults?? They sure seem to have a lot more, um, *insides* than the adult males. So I am guessing the adult males might not be that nutritious? I can afford to feed him adult male or even females on occassion when it is OK.

He is just a scant under 17" and about 260-270 grams is all (and 5 months old) so how big should he be to feed them?
Also, I keep reading a lot of posts where dragons that are 16-17 inches weigh over 300 grams, but Razzle looks heavy/healthly enough to me but should he actually weigh more? What do you think? (Again, sorry to temporarily jack your thread Christina! :mrgreen: !)

I will be playing catch up on threads mostly on the weekends right now....*bummer*...won't have enough computer time during the week *sigh*. I think I will have withdrawls!!

How are Phoebe and Huff doing now? Is Huff settling in yet?

I am so sorry about your UVB bulb!! I know everything is OK but what a scare and such a hassle for you...you sure don't need any more hassles do you? :shock: I hope all is getting better now.

~Sherri

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hi Sherri.

Kazi is doing good- I'm so glad he is eating. His aim hasn't been good for months tho so I don't expect it will ever be perfect again but hopefully it will get back to how it was before he got sick :D

I have no idea on the dubia size! I'm assuming it's ok- Phoebe is only 18 inches and she copes just fine so, assuming that he poops ok then I think the odd adult male won't do any harm. They do seem less fatty than the nymphs but Phoebe will only eat 1- 2 males compared with 4+ large nymphs.

I think Razzles weight is fine. I checked Kazis growth chart- he was 252g at 17 inches and he was about 9-10 months old then so def think Razz is well on the way to being a big guy :)

phoebe and Huff are good. Sleepy but good lol! Oddly, Phoebe started digging frantically today again and then fell asleep in her digging corner :?

I'm on my phone at the minute- my computer is no longer switching on :( so I hope iv answered everything.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Wow, Christina, I just read where you posted that Kazi was only 4.5" and 8 grams when you got him! Wow. That *is* tiny. Like the ones I always see in Petsmart....I always want to grab them all and walk out with them :shock: Especially the ones that crazily glass dance as soon as you come near the tank! I imagine that is EXACTLY how Kazi was??! :D

Oh, and yes, all questions answered perfectly lol.

Sherri

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm so happy to hear how much Kazi is enjoying the dubia, they must taste very good to him. Sure does sound like the fruit gutloading of them was causing problems to Kazi, doesn't it? Bet he is enjoying having more of his enclosure items back. :p

I didn't realize that Kazi was only 4 1/2" when you got him, that's exactly the size that Gizmo was too. Way too tiny to be in a pet store. :(

Always great to hear that he is continuing to improve. Go Kazi man. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom