Kazi - RIP my special Wee monkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hehe- he's a crazy little man. He got sleepy around 7pm (lights out is 9pm) but he didn't nap at all today so I was quite happy to let him snooze. I really think Tracie's elixir was just what he needed- iv seen a big difference in him since we started that.

He had 2ml of CC this evening and about 5 small pieces of salad this afternoon. Still no locusts tho- I had to wait in all afternoon for his new UVB light (which, of course, arrived about 5 mins after I went out-well after the time they said!!) but I will get some tomoro morning for him, to check if he is off all live food or if it's just the dubias he doesn't want- he did approach them
a lot more today but mostly just to tip them
out of the dish!!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Christina hugs to you for all this boy puts you through. I had to read 9 pages just to catch up with what he's been doing to drive you nuts lately.
I'm so happy to hear that he ate some raining salad on his own. :blob8:

Glad your lights finally made it! :roll:

Hugs!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
:blob8: :D :blob5: Kazi is doing better, sure sounds like his old self. Hope he continues to have those very active and tempermental moments, must me great to see. Sure feels good to be able to post some very positive behavior, doesn't it?

So now Phoebe and Huff are the lazy ones, do you think they are starting to semi-brumate? Is this about the time they usually do?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hi Barbara... thanks for stopping by... I know you have had a lot going on :( Kazi has been busy worrying me! At least he is starting to really turn a corner now and hopefully things will continue to improve for him!

Hi Diane! He has been doing his best to be his old self - it is great to see him acting like his normal self (not that Kazi was ever normal lol!). He definitely is making the most of his days. This would be, usually, his normal brumation time but I guess with all that has been going on with him, his system perhaps thinks that brumation is over (if that makes sense??) Perhaps he will semi-brumate later on tho - I hope he doesnt - or at least that he has a clean bill of health before he does!

Yes, Phoebe and Huff are very sleepy - particularly Phoebe - she doesnt wake up until around noon every day, walks straight to her salad bowl and takes a few mouthfuls, then goes to her basking log and sleeps on it for most of the day. Tonight, she decided she needed to do some running around at about 7pm but after an hour, she was looking for somewhere to go to sleep.

Huff is going to bed at around 4pm now (he didnt brumate last year - just went to bed and hour or 2 before I expected him to). He isnt eating anything really at the moment - maybe 1 or 2 roaches or locusts every few days. He is worrying me tho - he is starting to look very thin - I havent had a chance to weight him again yet but I hope he hasnt lost any weight - he really doesnt have a lot of weight to lose :( I worry about him brumating with him being that little bit weaker than Phoebe and Kazi.

Im so glad that Giz had a good day yesterday... not so good today but we cant expect every day to be so good :? I wish it were all that simple!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Christina,

How is Kazi doing today? I am happy that he is starting to turn a corner right now. Hopefully his good days will outnumber his bad days now! Is he still napping too? He has been through a lot that is for sure! I am just happy that he is feeling better, overall.
I hope that he skips his little brumation a little bit this year.
So Phoebe & Huff are somewhat brumating huh? It sounds like Phoebe is very lazy! LOL
You really have your hands full for sure!

Tracie

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Enjoy the good days, don't worry too much about the bad ones. He's not going anywhere in a hurry. I've told Kyle that she needs to haunt him and tell him to behave! (In a nice way of course. Tsam says she is very sexy ghost!)

I am impressed at your brummy dragons still nomming salad though. Tips?

Ky taught me dragons are tough. :)

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Kazi had another good day yesterday although he didnt eat anything but his critical care but he was happy and active :D He is still sleepy at the moment but I shall update on that later.

Phoebe 'appears' to have woken up. That might not last long tho... probably by tomoro, she will be back to sleeping. Huff has been having a lie in the past 2 days but has stayed up for a good portion of the day :D

The fitting for the new bulb finally arrived so I decided to get it all set up this morning. When I took the bulb out of the packaging, it was snapped in 2!!!! So now, I have to wait again... meaning Huff has to wait even longer to get a UV source. Im going to go and buy a reptiglo today - I hate them but its the only thing I can get around here! Il just get the 5.0 and give it to Phoebe - she should be OK with that.

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
oh my goodness! All that waiting for a broken bulb! I can't even imagine how frustrating that must have been.
But I am very glad to hear that Kazi had another good day, that is GREAT news :D

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Oh Christina, I can hardly believe it! How frustrating for you. :banghead: For a short period of time, something is better than nothing but it's a shame you have to spend $ on a product you won't continue to use.

How good it is that Kazi continues to have good days. The eating regular food will happen unless he's gotten way too fond of being totally hand fed. :D

Suzanne

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Christina, I just wanted to mention to not touch the bulb, or the packaging. It most likely leaked mercury and touching mercury can make you very sick. Actually, it is an extreme health risk to be exposed to mercury. They should give you 5 free bulbs for this. If they are anything but helpful after this you should play hardball and maybe send a bluff (or be honest) about legal action due to being exposed to mercury.

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Oh no!! I touched the bulb- I pulled it out of the box! The bulb is also sitting I'm the room with the beardies! Argh! Now I'm in a panic! I could be sick AND my babies could be sick!!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Christina,

I am sorry I didn't mean to worry you. I am sure it won't cause any harm to your beardies from it just being in the room. The amount they put in flourescents isn't really enough to get a whole room sick, but it is enough to get you sick if you actually touch the mercury. Hopefully, you didn't though even though you touched the bulb.

I am sure it will be fine Christina! :D

-Brandon

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
yup, it's in a lot of things we don't much think about. Most people don't realize that the Center for Disease Control here in the states actually has guides to how much tuna we can eat a week because of how much mercury is in those big guys. But we can eat plenty of it before it causes problems. Besides, don't I remember something about Brandon breaking his florescent tubes out back behind his house??? 8) probably how he got that strange roach! my condolences there, by the way, Brandon. (my pardons if I'm misremembering!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom