Kazi - RIP my special Wee monkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She is doing good, slowly putting on the weight. She puts the scale past the 300g mark now :)

-Brandon

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Christine I couldn't really see his nail very well in those pic's. Or I would have made a comment on that. Can you get a better pic maybe?
Just watch so he doesn't start biting at it if it's bothering him. Does it look irritated or raw?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Christina,

How is Kazi doing today? Still staying up all day now I hope? At least he has seemed to have forgotten about brumating for the moment.
It is hard to tell what is going on with his nails. How long have they been that way? I hope he doesn't start biting at them though. They look a little curved though, or look like they do anyway from the pictures.
At least he is eating some locusts though right now along with his critical care.

How are Phoebe & Huff doing?

Tracie

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hi Tracie. He lost those nails as a baby and when they grew back, they grew in the way rather than the normal nail shape so they have been like that since he was a baby :( it's only now tho that I am noticing them bothering him.

Kazi is staying awake for most of the day - his lights go on at 9 and he usually starts moving around at 11am. Thats him until around 7pm - once he has his bath, he settles down under the basking light and doesnt move around at all between then and lights out at 9pm.

Phoebe is definitely going into brumation. She will wake up if I move her... but only briefly... she has never done this before so I have to admit, I am VERY nervous about it!! As soon as she goes potty, I think I will just let her be.

Huff is awake a little more than Phoebe but doesnt move around at all. He is eating and pooping but going to bed early every day!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Kazi seems to think he can fly today!!! I am a nervous wreck right now lol! I have to go out for a couple hours- no doubt he will fly all around his viv while I'm out!!!!!

EDIT- Kazi is no longer flying beardie :( he is now totally stressed out- he had his locusts and then just got a black beard. His tail is also dark :( hopefully it isn't anything serious... My plan to leave the house has now been put on hold until he calms down.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Oh my, there's just seems to never be a quiet moment with the Kazi man............Do you think he just has a problem with Locust in general??? Poor baby, :(

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I can't imagine it's the locusts (it was the dubia that triggered it last time). I just don't know what's wrong today. When I touch his tummy tho, he kind of flinches?? I hope he calms down quickly this time!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I think he is starting to calm down now. At least I'm praying that he is... He is lifting his head and walking around a little. His beard seems to have gone more grey than black now too...

EDIT- Kazi stayed calm for about an hour and a half. He remained alert but got very stressed out at about 6pm. I gave him a bath around 6.30 and he was very thirsty- he drank roughly 3ml of water. He also took a full syringe of acidophiliz and about .5ml of CC (at around 5pm). Right now, he is having his usual 7.30pm nap on the basking spot but still has a darkened beard and tail. On the plus side, his tongue has remained reasonably pink- usually these episodes cause his Tongue to go very White.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Maybe he just needs to go poopy?

Christina, I am so happy for both you and Kazi that he'd been doing so well.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He had a poopy about 45mins before it started :(

perhaps I shouldn't feed him so soon after poopies?

Thanks Gina! He is doing well overall- the stress 'attacks' didn't last as long today as they hve in the past so I guess that is a good thing too!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
It seems like his "spells" happen after he has some kind of bug protein..........do you think it's just too tough for him to digest? What about the soft body butterworms, phoenix worms or horns, does he have the same results? Maybe he's only a babyfood protein Kazi man?? (I'm grasping at straws here)

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I think you could be right Christine. He seems ok with the bugs but perhaps he can't have so many as he used to :( it's so hard to know what to do. Butterworms caused a bad spell, then dubia (fruit related we think) and now locusts. I suspect that he will start refusing locusts now which means I'm out of live food options :(

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Huff tried to get himself up this morning. I say tried because, twice, he fell over on to his side :( I think he may be stiff from having stayed still for the past few days so im going to make a point of getting him up for some exercise every day.

Anyway, I decided to give him a bath to try and get his muscles 'working'. Im not sure why but he seemed afraid of the bath - usually Huff loves his bath times but he started scrambling frantically and trying to jump out. Eventually, he calmed down and pooped within about 2 mins of this... I have to say, it was the oddest poop I have ever seen (pictures to come later). The poop was in 4 parts. Urate was long, thin and round - a bit like a tiny pencil. About a quarter was white and soft and the rest was covered by a brown mucous substance. The main poop was 2 small poops incased in a jelly-like substance. There was about an inch of this jelly substance at one end of the stool. I have to say, it was the first time I have ever wretched during poop investigation - I really did think I was going to vomit when I was prodding this odd jelly stuff :( There were then 2 fairly normal stools - they remained quite firm for a few minutes but then started to break apart in the water.... I will post the pics later - I cant right now - I do think if I look at them too soon then I will be very ill for the rest of the day :(

Kazi seems ok this morning - he is still resting but is at least awake.

Phoebe has also decided to get up today!

EDIT - Kazi is very tired today. I think yesterdays stress has tired him out. Im just letting him rest on his basking spot and trying not to bother him too much as he wants to sleep. He wouldnt take the spirulina mix this morning and I didnt want to force it. Hopefully we can start it again tomoro.

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
I got unsubscribed and it makes me cross. I woke up at 3:30am here, made a waffle, and have been lurking online for a bit. I'm in no better mood for not being notified of Kazi's updates.

Nezzie does the same thing in her baths when I try to warm her up after she's been sulking in the corner, scrambling to get out. After a couple minutes she relaxes but it makes me wonder why she does it.

Poor Kazi and getting stressed. At least he let's you know how he's feeling instead of being stoic about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom