Kazi - RIP my special Wee monkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
If Kazi doesn't want any dubia, or seems afraid of them now, maybe it's time to find something else that he likes. At least he's smart enough to know what does or doesn't agree with his tummy.

Silly question: Do beardies get seasonal allergies??? Could that explain his eye problem, since the lubricating drops seemed to help?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Christina,

I do think that they can suffer from allergies from time to time, yes. Especially as Sherri said, with a weakened immune system, it allows opportunistic bacteria, etc to get in causing more trouble.
This is not your fault at all & you are doing everything you can to get him better. Kazi is slowly getting better.
Hopefully though, overall, he is feeling better now.
Is he still scratching his eye today? Keep with the lubricating drops though, if they are helping him! Is his eye swollen or red at all?

Tracie

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Gina, I think I may have to give in and get him some locusts. I know he wants to eat he just won't eat the dubia.

Thanks Tracie. He has been in a good mood today- not so active but it has been a cold, rainy day so I think that is playing a part in it. He has climbed off and on his basking log a few times.
The actual eyeball looks swollen/bulged out a little but the skin around it is completely normal- it's just his eyeball that seems odd. He has scratched a little today but not nearly as much as yesterday!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Kazi ate some salad after his bath :blob5:
He was 'drying' his chin and there was a small piece of squash in his way so he ate it. He then turned around and another little pile of squash and a piece of greens was in his way so he ate the squash then realised the greens were in the way so ate that too! LOL!

Still no luck with the dubias tho. I found a dish and put 3 in there... he went towards them a few times but changed his mind about actually eating them :( Will get locusts tomoro.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
MissT":12rlp5el said:
Kazi ate some salad after his bath :blob5:
He was 'drying' his chin and there was a small piece of squash in his way so he ate it. He then turned around and another little pile of squash and a piece of greens was in his way so he ate the squash then realised the greens were in the way so ate that too! LOL!
Too funny!

Still no luck with the dubias tho. I found a dish and put 3 in there... he went towards them a few times but changed his mind about actually eating them :( Will get locusts tomoro.
Give him some time. He's still afraid of them.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
LOL...Time to toss the salad....all over the viv LOL
I did that with Razz a few times and he loved it.

Also, Razz did that with the dubia as well...you may not remember my frustration because he went crazy for them for a about 4 days and then I noticed a decline :roll:

He did the same thing with; silks, butters and reptiworms *sigh*.

However, after a break from them, he now eats his dubia like crazy but it did take about a week of not offering, so he would forget about them...and then they would seem different and new again. It did work, but it was hard not to offer them LOLOL

The same with the butters...loved them then quit them but after a while, loved them again. LOL

Silks are a no go. If he does not have them for a long time, then he would eat 2 and then no more. I will not ever order them again. OK, not for months anyway lol

So, just don't offer them for a couple of weeks or so and then bring them out and see what happens. I was afraid that Razz would never eat them again, and here we are with a ton of babies uhg. But he must eat 50 a day now all different sizes. We put about 20 in his dish twice a day and another 10 for a snack a couple of hours before bed. He is a funny critter, loves to eat before bed, but we of course make him have his 2 hours to digest :D

So, Kazi was moving around again today??! Great news and hunting that annoying salad lol.
Did Phoebe do any more digging today?

~Sherri

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hehe - raining salad seems to be Kazi's favourite thing now - he ate all of his salad as a baby when it 'rained' because he didnt like the mess in his viv so im doing that agaiin - now its as tho he doesnt like it being in his way so I have to strategically place it so that at some point during the day, it will get in his way and he will eat it.

He seems very happy this morning. He hasnt moved anything but his head but he is very alert... im looking after the little girl who lives with my mum,
today. She is 2 and Kazi seems to enjoy watching her playing outside of his viv!

Phoebe slept for most of the day - she got up to investigate the butternut squash in her salad - ate about half of her salad and then went back to sleep!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Having a 2 year old around beardies is not fun! Especially when they get a temper on them! Poor Kazi got poked in his 'good' eye :( He didnt open it until she had left - I dont think she hurt him but I think he knew that if she got near him again she would probably poke him again so he kept it closed for 'safety'!!!! Poor monkey.

Anyway, I got more saline today.... its different to the one I usually get tho and im just not sure about it.... It contains sodium chloride and cosmocil 0.0002% and an antimicrobial buffer system. I dont remember any saline I ever used having anything like that. Il try to get to my usual pharmacy later to see if they have any of the stuff I usually get.

EDIT - Im really pleased with Kazi today!!! He 'asked' to get out of his viv. When I was opening the door, he put his foot up - I was so close to catching it between the glass!!!! So glad I didnt. Anyway, he ran around the room for 5 minutes and then stopped to have a nice poop. It was a good looking poop - urate is still soft and white but a little smaller than what I would say is normal for him... then again, he is pooping more often than is normal for him so I guess that would make the urate smaller. Since going back into his viv, he has been doing laps!!! I think he is trying to find somewhere 'higher' to sit. He just keeps running (yes, running!!!) around the viv and stopping to look up!!! He has also been rearranging his viv - I keep seeing his log and his tree moving around!!!!

He has not eaten any salad yet and is still not interested in eating the dubias. He is enjoying tipping the dish over tho so I have to keep going to find them!!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He\s starting to sound like the athletic and curious beardie he's always been. Good for you two, such a great thing that Kazi did, so it's all working. I know you still have to go day by day, but isn't is wonderful when they finally feel better. Good for Kazi that he was able to run around so much, it's so good for him. Great job Christina, I'm praying he'll continue to improve, but eating dubias & salad, too.
Deb

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
MissT":oni0gqwz said:
he ate all of his salad as a baby when it 'rained' because he didnt like the mess in his viv so im doing that again

LMAO!!!!

That made me laugh haha. Kazi with his particular ways! :lol:

-Brandon

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
MissT":2junszsg said:
Having a 2 year old around beardies is not fun! Especially when they get a temper on them! Poor Kazi got poked in his 'good' eye :( He didnt open it until she had left - I dont think she hurt him but I think he knew that if she got near him again she would probably poke him again so he kept it closed for 'safety'!!!! Poor monkey.

Since going back into his viv, he has been doing laps!!! I think he is trying to find somewhere 'higher' to sit. He just keeps running (yes, running!!!) around the viv and stopping to look up!!! He has also been rearranging his viv - I keep seeing his log and his tree moving around!!!!

He has not eaten any salad yet and is still not interested in eating the dubias. He is enjoying tipping the dish over tho so I have to keep going to find them!!!

Hooray Kazi! I'm practically jumping out of my chair I'm so excited for you :blob8: :blob5:

Nezzie was doing laps yesterday and it was so cute! I can imagine Kazi was just as adorable rearranging his stuff. Usually she's just content to just chill out, but for some reason she was having all kinds of fun just running around. I think it's partly because I keep having to rearrange things as she poops all over the viv. I understand about little kids around. They are willing to poke their fingers into just about anything!

I hope you all have a great Monday!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Christina,

Kazi is doing well now, or feeling like running around which is a huge improvment!
He probably is still just unsure of the dubias. Maybe the locusts will do better for him. Did he eat & toss his salad any today?
That is so cute, he actually asked to get out of his tank, what a nice mannered dragon he is!
I hope that the eye solution helps him out. That has to be bothering him a lot!

Tracie

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Gina, Lori and Maggie! It has been a great day!

Brandon, Im glad I amused you - salad rain is THE BEST!

Tracie, Kazi was hyper all day! I really think the spirulina/green tea/vitamin b is really working on his system! He didnt eat much of his greens/squash today - just 2 small pieces but I think he was just too busy exploring!!! LOL!! Im sure if I told anyone outside of this forum that Kazi 'asked' to get out of his viv they would think I was completely insane so I'm glad everyone here understands hehe!

The pet store were all out of locusts today but should have some more tomorrow afternoon so I will get some then and try them out.

Overall, I would say that today has been his best day so far (aside from the not eating). He wriggled himself into a corner before I managed to get him into the bath so I just left him to sleep - all that running around tired my poor wee man out. I will just bath him in the morning to make up for it :D

I have been giving him less CC - we are down to 3ml per day between 2 feedings. Im thinking I will cut it down to one feeding per day, in the evening, to see if that helps with his eating habits. I have also cut down on the acidophiliz - he only gets half a dropperful every other day now and Im hoping to cut that down to once or twice a week.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
It would appear that the craziness is set to continue... for today at least! Kazi keeps running away from me!!! Not in an 'I want to eat you way' but more of a 'No, you will not restrain me, I want to run!' He has paused once to poop, once to black beard at a small pile of salad that got in the way (he didnt eat it tho) and once to snatch some greens and squash out of my hand!

In contrast, Phoebe has moved only to get her salad and then back to bask and is now sleeping under her basking light and Huff has not moved from the spot I set him in this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom