Kazi - RIP my special Wee monkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Ok, I went to the supermarket and I found 'fresh mint' its a little plant - I thought that would be better than the pre-packaged 'fresh mint' hehe. It isnt specifically peppermint - I couldnt find any and apparently they dont sell peppermint specifically but will other mint work?

Edit - I think its spearmint I have.... iv been comparing it to google images!!! Apparently spearmint does help relieve gas but is not quite so powerful as peppermint so I guess it will work!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Christine,

The x-rays look good though, the bones are nice & bright white so his bones appear dense in that x-ray.
The liver is in the middle so that is kind of underneath the lungs which is what the light shadowing appears as in the middle. The lung capacity on the right side does look larger than the left side which could indicate something in there. A gas bubble is a possibility but it should pass soon.
Mint can safely be used for an upset tummy, too.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Drache613":77303 said:
The lung capacity on the right side does look larger than the left side which could indicate something in there. A gas bubble is a possibility but it should pass soon.

Thanks, Tracie - im relieved that there dont seem to be any major issues from the x-rays. To me, im just looking at Kazi's bones, the muscle surrounding the bones and his lungs... I spent an age trying to find his liver etc last night but I really didnt know what I was looking for!

The vet did mention tho that the 'gassy' area was below the lung rather than a part of it and essentially indicated that he had a gassy tummy, at least thats how I interpreted what he was saying :S So you think that is just a gassy bubble? Do you think this gassy bubble could possibly be causing the discomfort he has been experiencing?

He has been in good spirits today. The pads on his heads are still, gradually, filling up, which is good to see. He was quite active too - we had him out for about 30 mins of exercise this evening in an attempt to move that gas! But overall he has been much better!!

Blood test and fecal should be back tomoro so I will post the results of those as soon as I can.... Im kind of hoping that nothing major is revealed in those either :s

Thanks again

T

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Miss T, Kazi has a lot of fans that are worried about him. Hopefully the lab results will show something to give more answers but not be anything that can't be helped. I'm glad to hear that you're seeing some improvements in him. 8)

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Glad to hear he has had a good day today.are you still massaging the abdomen in the bath? I found that it also helps with the gas as well.

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Glad to hear Kazi had a good day! It's a good sign that those fat pads are plumping up again! What a tough guy! I'll be watching tomorrow to see the results, been saying a prayer for him and your in my thoughts.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think the reason he was feeling discomfort is the gas bubble was pushing on his lung & possibly putting some pressure on his stomach which was bothering him. It will hopefully pass soon.
His bones do look good though! I am looking forward to seeing the blood tests, thanks for posting them for me.
Great news that his fat pads are beginning to fill out again, that is excellent. How is he doing? That sounds promising he was so active today so he must be starting to feel better then! :blob8:

Tracie

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well Kazi enjoyed the addition of the mint to his salad today and ate 2 little leaves so far. He also, for the first time in a week, ate 4 locusts! The minute he saw me bringing them he seemed to get excited! But I think its a good sign that he is wanting to eat again!

Diane, I also hope they dont reveal anything that cant be helped - I do hope they offer some explanation for his pooping issues tho or perhaps the pressure from that gas has been causing him to be uncomfortable in passing anything!

Vicky, he still gets his tummy massage - he seems to really enjoy those so we keep them up in every bath. The vet also recommended we reduce the amount of critical care we try to give to about 4 ml twice per day but he did say, if we cant get that all into him thats not a problem - just to get as much as we can.

Sandy, he is a little tough guy - he always has been, from he was a tiny little guy with his little chewed up foot :( Vicky (vickson) chose the name and it fitted him perfectly - Kazi = Kamikaze as hes always been a crazy little tough guy!

Tracie, Its 3pm now and the vet still hasnt called with the results - perhaps they have been delayed :( But I will post them as soon as I get them - Il ask the vet if he can email or mail me a copy to post here.

I do hope things are turning around for him now and hes on his way back to being my crazy little monkey!

Thanks, once again guys for all your continued support!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well, Kazi's blood results are back. The vet left me a voicemail and said the only thing that came up on the blood test results is that Kazi is anaemic (sp)! I called back but he was out on call and will call me back later this evening or early tomoro. The receptionist said they would give me the breakdown of the results if I am there tomoro or else they will post them out tomoro evening.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well, Kazi's blood results are back. The vet left me a voicemail and said the only thing that came up on the blood test results is that Kazi is anaemic (sp)! I called back but he was out on call and will call me back later this evening or early tomoro. The receptionist said they would give me the breakdown of the results if I am there tomoro or else they will post them out tomoro evening.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yep, im going to pick up some different vitamins and the blood report tomoro so il be able to post more details then but from what I remember, his red blood cell count is 15 but should be at least 17. I think he said his white blood cell which should be between 1 and 8 was 4 so thats good and his calcium:phosporus is 2:1 - thats all I can remember tho so il let you all know more when I do.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
I'm glad to hear that he is enjoying the mint,excercising,and feeling better overall :D :D
So are the vitamins to help the anemia?

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
The vitamins should help. You can always mix this into the greens. You can also throw in a few pieces of chopped up broccoli for more fiber and iron.

However; I honestly don't feel that anemia has anything to do with that lung. Never in all of my years have I seen anything like anemia causing pressure on a lung since anemia is just a lack of iron. He is just clogged up. Lube up the little fellah and let him get it out. It may take a few days, but I'm sure that it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom