Jango (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.. not sure who all read my introduction link so I guess i'll start by saying hi, my name is Tammy.. I'm a 38 year old, stay at home mommy of one human, my son Nathan (7yrs) and to Jango. My hubby bought Jango for me on Feb. 29, 2012 at a well known pet store near us.."Gittlers". The lady who took care of us there told us that Jango was only a few weeks old when we got him..so if that's correct he should be about 4 months old.. or somewhere around that i'm guessing. Not sure what kind of beardie he is though. He's currently in a 20 gallon reptile tank with reptile carpet and the lights that came with the tank.. I know I need to get new lights for him asap..just need the $$. He loves his crickets (dusted w/calcium 1x day) and he gets kale and turnip greens with some carrots and cucumber.. once in awhile I give him some apple, wich he loves. his basking side stays between 99 and 105 and his shady side stays about 75.

Jango loves being out of his terrarium and looking out the window, 'specially when the sun is shining and I can have it open.. I always supervise him. I don't trust him enough yet to let him have run of the house but I do let him run around on the couch and once in awhile in my son's bedroom, we block all the holes up and keep a close eye on him, a few times he'd snuggle with my son's stuffed animals and go to sleep, he even fell asleep once on the dresser behind the CD player. I can walk around the house with him hanging onto my shirt or sitting on my shoulder, wichever he feels like doing. Once in awhile I will take him into the bedroom with all the fish... yeah.. we have lots of fish.. mostly Chiclids.. 75 gallon, 55 gallon, a few 20 gallons, 10 gallons and a 5 gallon..oh also got a 29 gallon with gold fish in it.. hubby wants to get another 55 gallon and also wants to get Jango a 40 gallon breeder tank.

On with the pictures:..

Jango when we first came home 2/29/12:
034.jpg

a few days later 3/8/12:
009.jpg

he loves lookin' out the window 3/21/12:
017.jpg

lookin at the gold fish 4/4/12:
029.jpg

Jango's home 4/4/12:
039.jpg

My son and Jango looking out the window 4/9/12:
001-1.jpg

enjoying the sun on a beautiful day 4/16/12:
008-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Then and now 4/21/12:
Jangobabyandbigger.jpg

sleeping 5/1/12:
005-2.jpg

5/3/12:
008-2.jpg

playing with the tape measure 5/6/12:
020-2.jpg

my handsome dragon 5/8/12:
004-1.jpg

puffin' out his beard 5/9/12:
010-1.jpg

5/10/12:
013-1.jpg

5/13/12:
040-1.jpg

Happy Mother's Day!
043-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

Who's that handsome fella? 5/15/12:
002-2.jpg

That's it for now.. sorry for so many.. there are many more if you would like to see more you can visit this link:
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/TLynnH73/Jango/

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I used to and maybe still do have a really nice Niko film camera my uncle gave me. I love love love it. I'm hoping that when I get a digital camera I can still use the attachment for the close up pictures on it. That would be nice.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
:lol: I laughed at your tale of Jango pouting in his viv, when he needed to warm up. It seems like you have two male children, one human and one reptile.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's great that Jango loves to play with Nathan, Nathan must be so hyped that he has a playmate at home! Glad you got your pics in, it's very hard, when you take such good pictures, to choose the best. It'll be great to see Jango in the calendar!

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
9/18/13 Wednesday 8:40am

zandi202: I used to and maybe still do have a really nice Niko film camera my uncle gave me. I love love love it. I'm hoping that when I get a digital camera I can still use the attachment for the close up pictures on it. That would be nice.
I had a good camera too.. it was the old 35mm film kind.. after I started working I saved up and got it.. itself and then extra zoom lens cost me close to $800 but it was well worth it.. it was a awesome camera.. I just recently sold it.. well Mike did.. for $50.. I about cried. I asked him to try for atleast $100 but he didn't think anyone would buy it for that price.

beardie parents: :lol: I laughed at your tale of Jango pouting in his viv, when he needed to warm up. It seems like you have two male children, one human and one reptile.
Yes I do.. they both pout when they don't get their way :lol:

sweetiepie9: It's great that Jango loves to play with Nathan, Nathan must be so hyped that he has a playmate at home! Glad you got your pics in, it's very hard, when you take such good pictures, to choose the best. It'll be great to see Jango in the calendar!
Nathan loves to play with Jango as long as Jango doesn't go near him.. the minute he does, Nathan runs the other way :lol: He says Jango is too spikey and scratches his legs and arms. So as long as their is distance between them he's fine and Jango just loves Nathan and always tries to climb on him so it's kinda funny watching them play together. It was so hard to decide on what pictures to send in for the calendar.. I hope I picked good ones and it would be nice if he'd get a full page but if he doesn't that's fine too.. atleast he'll be in it :)

It's a cold cold morning.. only in the 40's here. Jango didn't want to get out of bed and Nathan moaned the whole way to the bus stop about how cold he was. They are digging the road up by our house to put new water pipes in and boy is it a mess! That's another thing Nathan moaned about too.. is having to walk in the mud to get to the bus stop. I just told him there was nothing I can do about it so he will just have to deal with it. Well gonna get going.. got things to do.. hope you all have a great day!

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
9/20/13 Friday 7:50am

Hey all.. not much to say since last time but I did want to ask about if you give your beardies collard greens.. do you take the big veins out before giving them to your beardies? I do and always have.. I just never knew if they can digest them right or not so I did to be on the safe side, but I really never knew if you really had to or not. Collards are the only thing Walmart had. This is the fifth day since Jango did his last poo...he's starting to worry me. I've given him a bath for three days in a row now trying to get him to go with nothing.. the longest he ever went without going is three days. He still eats and runs around when out of his viv, but when in his viv he just lays there. I know i'm a worry wart but I just don't want anything to be wrong with him.. I don't have money to take him to the vet right now. Can I give him some pumpkin? will that help? Well.. hope you're all doing good.. take care.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I do the same thing for the beardies, but leave them in for the supers and roaches as they just love them.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Thought I would stop by and say hi. I haven't been on much since our house flooded..posted pictures on Em and Geicos thread. Have had a mess to clean up but fortunately it was confined to the basement and up the stairs to not quite the first floor so that was spared. Love the pictures of Jango, beautiful pictures and I couldn't even begin to choose. Gotta run hubby has surgery today on his wrist he broke in the flood, slipped on mud and fractured his left wrist this time. Im taking my laptop with me so I wont be bored waiting on him in surgery and recovery. We will be home about 6 tonight. HUGS

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Friday 2:30pm

Tonya, I replied on your thread.. so glad you're ok!

Jango finally poo'd!! :blob5: Decided to give him another bath today just to see and within 5 mintues he went.. I never thought I'd be so happy to see dragon poop! :lol:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
-Well! That's one heck of a photo shoot! :D I look for specific things in photo's. Jango is always gonna be amazingly handsome so my suggestion is to go with photo's where you can see every part of him. All of his tail and so on. The backgrounds are all nice. I've always loved the one with the red in it :D The photo's from the waist up are also really appealing because you can see his facial features and expressions so well. I'm not gonna pick a fave. They're all to good to chose. :wink:

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
9/26/13 Thursday 4:46pm

Hey all.. sorry it's so long between posts.. I just get to doing other things and plus my life isn't that exciting LOL. I had to take my mom to the eye doctors today at 12:20pm (she has cateracts and is going to get them removed but needs tests done first and they need to put drops in her eyes for it and then her vision is really blurry and she can't see to drive herself).. so I left early and stopped down at Gittler's to get Jango some superworms and then went to Walmart fast for a few things before getting to my mom's around 10:30am. I didn't get home until around 2:30pm and Mike said Jango was mad and pouted all day because he couldn't come out and run around. So I got him out and left him sit on the windowsill for awhile, the weather is nice enough out so I put his harness on and took him to the bus stop to get Nathan off the bus..two constuction workers that were working on the corner of our road stopped me and asked about him and everyone at the bus stop (and on the bus) loved him and thought he was so cool. Even the bus driver asked all kinds of questions about him :D After we got back home I sat Nathan down and got him started on his homework and then gave Jango a bath (which he should've had yesterday).. he poo'd and I cleaned him up and washed the tub out.. so he's all happy now. Even though I slept all night, I'm really tired and wish I could go to bed right now but I can't.. because supper still needs made and if I sleep now then I won't sleep tonight again.. oh well..can't have everything. Hope everyone is doing good and is having a great day. Oh.. almost forgot.. Jango was out the other day and I left him run around.. instead of running around though he ran underneath his tank and went to sleep..

9/23/13

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Hi, thought I would pop in and say hi. Love the new picture of Jango sleeping all curled up. Like he hasn't a care in the world. I have new pics up of Geico and Emily finally. Take care and HUGS

zandi202

BD.org Addict
My beardies will pass out after five minutes of running around for the most part. I just look at them like "really?" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom