Jango (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.. not sure who all read my introduction link so I guess i'll start by saying hi, my name is Tammy.. I'm a 38 year old, stay at home mommy of one human, my son Nathan (7yrs) and to Jango. My hubby bought Jango for me on Feb. 29, 2012 at a well known pet store near us.."Gittlers". The lady who took care of us there told us that Jango was only a few weeks old when we got him..so if that's correct he should be about 4 months old.. or somewhere around that i'm guessing. Not sure what kind of beardie he is though. He's currently in a 20 gallon reptile tank with reptile carpet and the lights that came with the tank.. I know I need to get new lights for him asap..just need the $$. He loves his crickets (dusted w/calcium 1x day) and he gets kale and turnip greens with some carrots and cucumber.. once in awhile I give him some apple, wich he loves. his basking side stays between 99 and 105 and his shady side stays about 75.

Jango loves being out of his terrarium and looking out the window, 'specially when the sun is shining and I can have it open.. I always supervise him. I don't trust him enough yet to let him have run of the house but I do let him run around on the couch and once in awhile in my son's bedroom, we block all the holes up and keep a close eye on him, a few times he'd snuggle with my son's stuffed animals and go to sleep, he even fell asleep once on the dresser behind the CD player. I can walk around the house with him hanging onto my shirt or sitting on my shoulder, wichever he feels like doing. Once in awhile I will take him into the bedroom with all the fish... yeah.. we have lots of fish.. mostly Chiclids.. 75 gallon, 55 gallon, a few 20 gallons, 10 gallons and a 5 gallon..oh also got a 29 gallon with gold fish in it.. hubby wants to get another 55 gallon and also wants to get Jango a 40 gallon breeder tank.

On with the pictures:..

Jango when we first came home 2/29/12:
034.jpg

a few days later 3/8/12:
009.jpg

he loves lookin' out the window 3/21/12:
017.jpg

lookin at the gold fish 4/4/12:
029.jpg

Jango's home 4/4/12:
039.jpg

My son and Jango looking out the window 4/9/12:
001-1.jpg

enjoying the sun on a beautiful day 4/16/12:
008-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Then and now 4/21/12:
Jangobabyandbigger.jpg

sleeping 5/1/12:
005-2.jpg

5/3/12:
008-2.jpg

playing with the tape measure 5/6/12:
020-2.jpg

my handsome dragon 5/8/12:
004-1.jpg

puffin' out his beard 5/9/12:
010-1.jpg

5/10/12:
013-1.jpg

5/13/12:
040-1.jpg

Happy Mother's Day!
043-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

Who's that handsome fella? 5/15/12:
002-2.jpg

That's it for now.. sorry for so many.. there are many more if you would like to see more you can visit this link:
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/TLynnH73/Jango/

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Jango looks really great. I liked the way he looked sitting on that orange fence. It makes him look really great. We both laughed at the pics of him with his head in the salad bowl. The second one with the salad bowl makes me think he was telling you "you're waking me up!" He's adorable. I'm glad you have him as I'm sure he gives you a lot of fun time.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The pictures all turned out wonderfully and he's so funny using his salad as a pillow, silly boy! He sure looks great in the sunshine!

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
9/5/13 Thursday 1:30pm

Hey all.. thanks for the compliments on Jango.. he does make me very happy and keeps me company during the day when Mike's in bed and Nathan's at school. He loved being at my mom's.. when we first got there, my mom was sitting on the porch and he climbed onto her lap and just sat there letting her pet him and talk to him, then he crawled up further onto her chest for some cuddles.. she loves him so much too.

Yesterday after Nathan got home from school and done his homework.. we went to my brother's house, we then went with him and his family to a Jubilee out where his girlfriend lived. We first watched as the parade went by..lots of steam engines (loved it!) and John Deere tractors (it's country land). Then we went into the Jubilee itself, ate pizza and walked around.. seen some big draft horses and mules.. one mule had a day old baby with her.. so cute!! Today Nathan's school as "meet the teacher" day starting at 5:30pm.. so we'll be heading there after he gets home and does homework. Then tomorrow after he gets home from school we will be heading to my mom's, then to the county fair.. but I may ask her to come here and just pick us up.. since if I have to go to her house, we'll just have to come past my house to get to it anyways.. just makes more sense that way. We'll see.

Oh.. today I wanted to get a shower and Jango was out on the windowsill.. he didn't want to go into his viv so I left him out on the windowsill.. told him I was gonna get a shower and to stay where he was.. just incase I blocked off the laundry room doorway and covered any holes he could get in/under..etc.. well I got a shower and he was still on the windowsill when I was done.. he's such a good dragon and I gave him praise for it as well.. scratched his beard and gave him kisses, told him what a good dragon he was.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad you enjoyed the Jubilee, sounds like it was a lot of fun. Jango is a great dragon, he loves your mom and she loves him, which is awesome and he's so good staying on the windowsill while you're busy doing other things, bet he wouldn't leave there for anything! He's such a good boy and he's so loved, it's a great life he has!

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
chrisw0130":jgq50csv said:
hi, nice dragon, can i ask you where did you get Jango's background from? its pretty! thankss
Hi Chris, thanks for stopping by. I got Jango's background at Petco :)

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
9/8/13 Sunday 12:00pm

Hey all :) Hmm.. let's see.. well on Friday, Nathan, my niece Samantha, my mom and I went to the county fair to see the demolition derby, but as usual when going somewhere with my mom, we were late and didn't get a good seat so we had to stand on the ground and there were people everywhere, even at the fence so we couldn't see anything so we just left disappointed and walked around. We went to the barns to see the animals.. cows, bunnies, horses, sheep and goats. Nathan won a stuffed ninja penquin playing a bowling game all by himself :) he's so proud as am I. We spent most of the time running to the bathroom though because my niece has a weak bladder (sorry if TMI).. so I told Nathan next year we will just go ourselves so we can get there early and see what we want to see and not have to basically live at the restrooms. I should've known better because no matter where we go with my mom and Sam it's always the same.. late and bathroom trips every 5 minutes.

Nathan and I went to visit my mom yesterday. On the way there I stopped at Gittler's to get Jango more superworms and a new basking bulb since one of his burned out. By the time we got home Jango was in bed sleeping.

Everyone speaking of brumation.. I think Jango may be in the beginning stages as well. He's usually all over his viv and wanting out.. the past few days he's just been laying around and sleeping.. he doesn't even really want to eat.. I have to put his supers right infront of him and even then it takes him about a minute before he decides to eat them and he may eat one or two bites of salad if that. I give him a bath ever other day for a good 20 to 30 minutes depending on when he poo's. When I see he's awake I do get him out and let him sit on the windowsill and he'll just lay there.. when I try to take him back to his viv though he'll claw at the window sill like saying "noo.. I don't want to go back!" :lol:

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
9/13/13 Friday 8:41am

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!
Nothing new really going on.. the past two days were really hot.. near 90's.. now today is in the 50's.. brr!
Jango's been just being his usual silly self.. sometimes he sleeps most of the day.. other days he's wide awake wanting out to run around all day. I've been giving him superworms every other day and he doesn't like that.. but when I do give them to him he will just sit and look at them for a good minute or more before eating them. He usually doesn't touch his salad..if he does it's only one or two bites except yesterday he ate most of it which made me happy. I am pretty much bored to death here at home.. but I have no money to do anything. Mike wanted to pay off his loan that he got awhile back so he couldn't give me my $60 which he gives me every other week.. so I have no money to put gas in the car or anything.. unless my mom comes and gets us, Nathan and I will be home for the next two weeks doing nothing.. well Nathan will have school so that will get him out of the house atleast, except on the weekend. Oh.. I had Jango out this morning after I got Nathan on the bus and he just lounged on me for awhile, then went over to Mike and lounged on him for awhile.. it was so sweet!

I got a few pictures of Jango to share..

These are all from 9/11/13.. He was really bright but had a black beard :lol:

He decided he wanted to taste the camera..

These two are from 9/12/13.. He jumped down from the window and instead of going onto the floor like he usually does, he jumped into my clean towels that I was gonna fold and put away.. he looked so proud of himself.. just sat there looking at me like saying "Look mommy, I is in yer cwean towels!" :lol:

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks :) Just done a photo shoot with Jango for the calendar.. took 65 pictures hope atleast one or two came out good.. the camera wouldn't focus on his face.. grr. But he was very good through the whole thing

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Love the pic of him on the top of the towel mountain. King of the Casle :lol: He is a cutie. You'll have to post the pics you want to put in for the calendar. Too bad we're only allowed two so Alex can choose. I have to get them all done this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brohelphimlol
Top Bottom