Jace, Zy, Sorin, Ava, Nissa, & Koth -->Update 12-18 w/ Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I'm relatively new to this website, though I have posted questions prior to this "blog." I fell in love with bearded dragons on a trip to Petco. I've always wanted a reptile and I have a dragon statue collection at home so it seemed perfect. Jace, however, was not my first beardie. My first beardie was one of the two smaller ones. The employees hadn't gotten around to putting on of the little ones up for adoption because he would have a seizure whenever he was picked up. They were pretty sure the one I had picked wasn't the seizure one. I bought him the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and am sad to say I returned him that following Monday. This one had seizures whenever he was put down. I knew, being a new owner, that it would be better for the both of us if I returned him to Petco and that was when I got Jace, the love of my life. On a side note, the two that suffered from seizures got adopted to loving homes where someone can take care of them :D . Anyways, on to my picture show.

This was my first night with Jace. He no longer has that cage - he is in a bigger one and on tiles instead.
IMG_0466_zps0e44f451.jpg

The first week montage:
IMG_0517_zpse9298ed9.jpg

IMG_0502_zpsc28cf050.jpg

IMG_0491_zps164f07a4.jpg

I loved the way he just dug a bed and curled up.
IMG_0726_zps0e0c476a.jpg

He was so little!
IMG_0916_zps210e6886.jpg

This is his new cage - the sand in the dig bowl has been replaced with flaxseed
IMG_1144_zpscd40c0cb.jpg

My little poser :D
IMG_1153_zpsf79b1698.jpg

IMG_0068_zps9a858168.jpg

He loves climbing on my shirt and just hang
IMG_1226_zps79bd805e.jpg

I loved the natural blue that came out - don't know how that happened
IMG_1235_zpsa21c2d39.jpg

Again, his dig box before we changed it:
IMG_1278_zps45287aa6.jpg

He loves my computer
FB3FDAC4-6B1F-4764-A804-0F98181965E1-952-000000913408F03F.jpg

That's it for now, but he's a very photogenic man so there will be more to follow.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So Paul cannot come with me to Jace's doctor appointment. I'm a little disappointed to say the least, but I figured as much because that's my luck. I'm hoping to get a fecal done with them if he'd only give some good poops, but he has a week to do so.

Zy has been slowing down on the munchies. She only wants greens and even then not much.

I didn't measure Sorin today, but I'm willing to be he hit 15". Tomorrow after work I'll have to weigh everyone.

I have my first councilor meeting tomorrow. I'm nervous about that. Homework is dragging me down into oblivion. I have a lot of readings to get done, a 2-3 page play to write with a whole arc. I just want to wallow...

On the plus side Paul bought me pizza and is going to give me a back massage after he feeds the leos. :D

Esther19

BD.org Addict
It's great that you will have company at the vet's. I hope your meeting tomorrow helps. Have you considered reducing your course load? Hang in there, dear!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks, Esther!

Yeah, I hate hate HATE doing things alone. I had to take Vraska to the vet by myself and and I get so nervous and self conscious and forgot to ask all the questions I should ask.

I'm anxious about the meeting and wish Paul could come in there with me, but after this morning I don't think I could handle that.

I'm already behind on graduating as is with the normal course load of 5 classes a semester. I was supposed to graduate this spring (so was Paul), but both of us got pushed back and will be lucky to graduate 2015. My grandparents and his mom are already on our butts about that.

So Paul rant:

Two nights Paul has left the window open in the living area where Jace and Zy are. It dropped to 55 last night. Guess who got he11 this morning via text? It sure wasn't me. Both nights I asked him to shut the window before I went to bed. Both nights he did not. I thought Paul was supposed to help me - make my life a little easier - take some of them overwhelming load off of my shoulders. Instead I get this? Ugh. Sometimes I feel like to him, as long as his leos are all right then that is all that matters, you know? Gah!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Guess you'll have to double check to make sure all the windows are closed, you've already given him hell, if that's not working you'll have to check yourself. Sometimes men just don't get why you're insisting they do something. Or you could put a huge note on the door he goes out to REMIND him to close the window...good luck with that!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks, Deb. Sometimes I feel like his mind set is that as long as his leos are all right, that's all that matters. I know/hope it's not true, but the thought has crossed my mind once or twice before.

This morning he did take care of the beardies for me including feeding, bathing, and calciuming them for me which was nice since I had been up from 6am typing up a play that I did wrong and now have to redo it before lunch because after lunch I have an appointment with councilor which I'm freaking out about.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Why are you freaking out about the counsellor? Isn't he/she there to help you? I'm sure you'll calm down when you get there. Why don't you write down the main questions you want to ask, when I see anyone I always write down what I need to say, it helps to calm me down and then I don't forget anything while I'm there. It's a habit I got into a few years ago and it's worked well for me. Might help you, too!
Good luck, let me know how it all went.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I'm freaking out because I always ALWAYS feel like I'm being judged even if I'm not. When I ended up re-homing Vraska, I felt so very judged even though everyone was so understanding about the situation. Paranoia at its worst, I guess.

I don't know what to expect from this appointment to have any questions to ask other than "What's wrong with me?" :roll:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well that's the best start when seeing a counsellor, they'll take it from there.

And I understand how you feel about Vraska, you just have to realize that you can only do so much and it was a heart decision to leave her at Kristine's. It's always a very brave decision to rehome a loved pet. Just keep that in mind, k?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks, Deb. I guess most of the guilt from rehoming Vraska was that I got Sorin and I was afraid people would think I replaced her with him. But really, even before Sorin I didn't spend as much time as I should have with Vraska and all in all I hadn't been fair to her. So yeah...

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Liz, there isn't anything wrong with you. Any counselor is going to say the same. Good luck, it's scary the first time. It gets easier.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So I have quite a bit of homework to do and yet I find myself on here. Not sure how that works out....

The counselor is very nice, his name is Wayne. Today we talked about the guidelines and rules and what not and then he asked me what I hoped to achieve and then we went over why I wanted to achieve those goals. My goals were...

1. To be able to cry without it hurting so bad to do so
2. To be less OCD and anal about everything
3. To not get so lethargic when I'm lonely

Our sessions will be every Thursday at 1pm.

Went straight from school to work. Work was a total mess. Paul's buying me pizza for the third night in a row. He's been feeling bad about all the screw ups.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
zandi202":5kpwnklv said:
1. To be able to cry without it hurting so bad to do so
2. To be less OCD and anal about everything
3. To not get so lethargic when I'm lonely
-This is interesting to me. I was raised to never cry. There are certain times of course, a death of a close family member or clinical debilitating pain. But that's all.
-You should be able to cry without it hurting so bad to do so. Everyone should. :wink:
-I'm so OCD that I've been diagnosed! :shock: I have OCT. (no, not the month... :lol: ) Obsessive, compulsive, tendencies Sounds to me like you may be in the same boat. Tendencies are easier to manage and many professionals can offer ways to curb the behavior.
-I too get very lethargic. But only when under a massive amount of stress. You may have a slight chemical imbalance. This is also easily treatable. I think what you're doing is the right thing for you. I'm just asking that you not get frustrated as you have many, many options. :study:
-Not a pizza fan myself, but make sure you get an extra back rub out of the deal :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom