Jace, Zy, Sorin, Ava, Nissa, & Koth -->Update 12-18 w/ Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I'm relatively new to this website, though I have posted questions prior to this "blog." I fell in love with bearded dragons on a trip to Petco. I've always wanted a reptile and I have a dragon statue collection at home so it seemed perfect. Jace, however, was not my first beardie. My first beardie was one of the two smaller ones. The employees hadn't gotten around to putting on of the little ones up for adoption because he would have a seizure whenever he was picked up. They were pretty sure the one I had picked wasn't the seizure one. I bought him the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and am sad to say I returned him that following Monday. This one had seizures whenever he was put down. I knew, being a new owner, that it would be better for the both of us if I returned him to Petco and that was when I got Jace, the love of my life. On a side note, the two that suffered from seizures got adopted to loving homes where someone can take care of them :D . Anyways, on to my picture show.

This was my first night with Jace. He no longer has that cage - he is in a bigger one and on tiles instead.
IMG_0466_zps0e44f451.jpg

The first week montage:
IMG_0517_zpse9298ed9.jpg

IMG_0502_zpsc28cf050.jpg

IMG_0491_zps164f07a4.jpg

I loved the way he just dug a bed and curled up.
IMG_0726_zps0e0c476a.jpg

He was so little!
IMG_0916_zps210e6886.jpg

This is his new cage - the sand in the dig bowl has been replaced with flaxseed
IMG_1144_zpscd40c0cb.jpg

My little poser :D
IMG_1153_zpsf79b1698.jpg

IMG_0068_zps9a858168.jpg

He loves climbing on my shirt and just hang
IMG_1226_zps79bd805e.jpg

I loved the natural blue that came out - don't know how that happened
IMG_1235_zpsa21c2d39.jpg

Again, his dig box before we changed it:
IMG_1278_zps45287aa6.jpg

He loves my computer
FB3FDAC4-6B1F-4764-A804-0F98181965E1-952-000000913408F03F.jpg

That's it for now, but he's a very photogenic man so there will be more to follow.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
:( Sorry to hear about your breakdown/attack. Not fun while at work! Staying at work was probably a good idea, though. Things to distract you with.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Jolene:

Work was what I needed. I was miserable at first, but eventually settled down and got back to being my old self. Plus Paul had been the during it and he felt so bad, he bought me dinner! And a nice one too, not the usually McDonald's junk.

Holly:

Not fast enough.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
zandi202":2vuputbz said:
Not fast enough.
I know, I'm still waiting too. That's the truth. But it does get better. That's the truth too. Time, time, time... This is why we can live for 100 years, because it takes 1/2 that to get it right! :lol: I figure I only have about 21 years left to wait! :p

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So the jumbo dubia Jace decided to never eat have apparently been escaping. The door I have is hollow and has no bottom so a good bunch I'm betting have crawled up in there... I can hear them. Disgusting. We flushed all the ones we could and are going to duct tape the bottom of the door so no infestation.

Some rainbow. :roll:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
There's not a buggie known to man that never escapes. You should see the sand under Mylo's tiles! It only takes one or two jail breakers to make a sand maze! :lol: You're rainbow is having Dubia. I wish with all my heart Canada would allow them.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Too bad I flushed them down the toilet. Coulda mailed them to you, Holly, :lol:

Life is getting harder. The morning routine is now longer than it was last year and I feel more tired now than ever. This will be the last Thursday I work - I decided that working three weekdays was too much. If Fridays were open, it would have been all right, but I'm not giving up my riding lessons to work. No way. That's my own outlet.

I'm hoping on Tuesday and Thursdays that the three hours between my two classes will help me focus and get my homework done. I want to just come home and chill or have to touch up a little homework. Will make life easier.

Also, the reason I had to drop Thursdays is because I get out of class at 3:20 and have to head straight to work and hopefully get there by 4. There's no one to take care of the babies during that time. I didn't realize that right away. I managed to find someone to take Sept 12 and 19 but not the 5 so I'll have to man up and work that one.

Yesterday was just a big mess. I worked 6:30am-7:30pm and my "friend" came to visit unexpectedly at 7:30am. Then on my break (2:30-4:00) I chilled with Paul and it took forever for me to get hungry. Went to make a quick run to Big Y and ended up not getting any food because there was suddenly no time. I had my panic attack/break down while driving back to work. Freaking out about being late was what lead up to it and then other things piled on until it was full blown. It got really bad.

Today is school, no work. I do have school and work tomorrow though which sucks, but oh well. Someone needs to make the money. Paul needs a new job.... We both do. Both of his current job treat him like crap. He works as a mall cop and at Rocky's. The mall gave him a promotion and then a demotion 4 weeks later because his supervisor "couldn't trust him to keep employees from talking about her behind her back." What kind of bull is that? And then he's worked at Rocky's for about 4 years, maybe longer, than they barely gave him any kind of raise and make him come in for two hours sometimes just because no one else that's on knows how to do propane or paint. Well, you should have thought about that when scheduling you nimrods.

My job is just too depressing to work at, but I will continue to work until something better comes along. Next summer Paul's sister is getting me a job where she works. It's a guaranteed 40 hours a week minimum thought you're guaranteed over time which they pay time and a half for since it's 8-5 Monday-Friday and they pay $13.50 an hour. I'm hoping both Paul and I can get a summer job there. And then work weekends with a more permanent job. That summer job will be enough for me to buy my new bed set and laptop and the weekend job will pay the bills. How awesome is that?

Lots of looking to the future and not so much sticking to the present, I know. But what's gotta be done, has to be done.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You'll get through this year and have that great job waiting for you. It'll be great to have steady $ again. As for this year, is there no way you can get a bit out of that Trust so you don't have to work as much? You should look into that, figure out your base needs and see if it's possible. Anything to make your life easier during this school year would work better, I think.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
If I were to ask for more money to support myself, my grandparents would want to know why and I can't tell them about Sorin, Koth, and Nissa. I know they would make me sell them. So I just have to suck it up and no free spending. That's life, I guess.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
It'll be good when summer rolls around, it'll be getting there that's hard. But life moves so fast, I can't believe it's sept already! I hope you can maybe find something different while you're in school, that'll be good hours, pay well and won't be so stressful/upsetting on you.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I feel like life moves a lot slower when it comes to school. The first couple of weeks aren't so bad, it's everything after that that drags on and on and on.

I'm hoping to find that job too. Some days I wish I just lived on campus in a dorm with only homework and no work to worry about. But then I wouldn't have my six beautiful and handsome babies which means I wouldn't have met any of you. That would'a been a bummer.

So today got into a fight with Paul. Today I went to quickly check out the main floor for the councilors office and couldn't find it. Looked it up, but it was one the second floor. So I went back to where Paul was sitting - he was listening to a lecture on his iPhone and he was nodding off to it and I kicked his foot and said that I needed him. He said something snappy and that set me off. He didn't hear me - at least that's what he told me and later apologized for it. I just needed him to come with me to the councilor's office to make an appointment because I was too scared to go alone. We fought for a good ten minutes - well, I fought and he tried to fix everything. He always does - he never fights back....

It was a very long and stressing day. I did get my appointment made for Thursday. Will see what he says.

Came home to find Jace had played in his poop. Going to eat dinner now and then take care of that monster. :puke:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yeah, he has two days to hit 15" and then he'll be a whole inch longer than Jace was at this age....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom