Jace, Zy, Sorin, Ava, Nissa, & Koth -->Update 12-18 w/ Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I'm relatively new to this website, though I have posted questions prior to this "blog." I fell in love with bearded dragons on a trip to Petco. I've always wanted a reptile and I have a dragon statue collection at home so it seemed perfect. Jace, however, was not my first beardie. My first beardie was one of the two smaller ones. The employees hadn't gotten around to putting on of the little ones up for adoption because he would have a seizure whenever he was picked up. They were pretty sure the one I had picked wasn't the seizure one. I bought him the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and am sad to say I returned him that following Monday. This one had seizures whenever he was put down. I knew, being a new owner, that it would be better for the both of us if I returned him to Petco and that was when I got Jace, the love of my life. On a side note, the two that suffered from seizures got adopted to loving homes where someone can take care of them :D . Anyways, on to my picture show.

This was my first night with Jace. He no longer has that cage - he is in a bigger one and on tiles instead.
IMG_0466_zps0e44f451.jpg

The first week montage:
IMG_0517_zpse9298ed9.jpg

IMG_0502_zpsc28cf050.jpg

IMG_0491_zps164f07a4.jpg

I loved the way he just dug a bed and curled up.
IMG_0726_zps0e0c476a.jpg

He was so little!
IMG_0916_zps210e6886.jpg

This is his new cage - the sand in the dig bowl has been replaced with flaxseed
IMG_1144_zpscd40c0cb.jpg

My little poser :D
IMG_1153_zpsf79b1698.jpg

IMG_0068_zps9a858168.jpg

He loves climbing on my shirt and just hang
IMG_1226_zps79bd805e.jpg

I loved the natural blue that came out - don't know how that happened
IMG_1235_zpsa21c2d39.jpg

Again, his dig box before we changed it:
IMG_1278_zps45287aa6.jpg

He loves my computer
FB3FDAC4-6B1F-4764-A804-0F98181965E1-952-000000913408F03F.jpg

That's it for now, but he's a very photogenic man so there will be more to follow.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks, Deb. That's a nice second hand store you have!

I can't shop for clothes at Walmart because though I am average height, in stead of having long legs and a short torso like most people I have short legs and a long torso and Walmart doesn't really have anything to put me.

My of my coworkers is going to school to become and account. :lol:

Yes, I am so very much looking forward to the waterproof tiles and grout!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
zandi202":2sa57su6 said:
in stead of having long legs and a short torso like most people I have short legs and a long torso and Walmart doesn't really have anything to put me.
I hear you! I'm built that way and so is my daughter! Holy smokes! It'll take us two or three shopping trips to find anything! I feel your pain! :eek: :lol:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Big Announcement:

After much discussion with Paul and Kristine Vraska will be a permanent member of their family. She was thriving with then and even when I had the time, Indidn't give her as much as she deserved. This is what's best for her.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
We truly love and adore her. She fills our home and hearts with love and happiness and you know that we will always continue to do our very best to keep her happy and healthy.

Thank you and Paul for considering us for fostering and then considering us as a permanent home. We're very grateful.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
KristineM":12mazg97 said:
We truly love and adore her. She fills our home and hearts with love and happiness and you know that we will always continue to do our very best to keep her happy and healthy.
Congratulations. I know Vraska will continue to thrive in your care. You know this calls for a new signature tho.. :lol:
Speaking of which, I really love your new sig and avatar Liz! Looks great! :D

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
I've been thinking of that all day! Ugh...it took me DAYS to make the one I have and I'm not even close to happy with it. Haha! Not too savvy with the computer but I'll do my very best.

I promise to do right by Vraska, forever.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Kristine:

I can make you one if you send me the pictures you want. :D

Holly:

Yeah, I'm going to do a new one now... Same pics just Vraska-less.. :(

morphmom

BD.org Addict
What you did, you did out of love. You chose the very best person there is to love Vraska. That took a lot from both you and Kristine.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
That is a huge choice to make, Liz, and I'm sure it wasn't easy, nor is it easy to handle after it's been done. I'm proud of you making it-I don't think I could ever do something like that. Vraska will always be close to your heart, and she is with an incredible family, where you can visit her as much as you want.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks, Jolene.

Between being overworked today and all the stress I did end up having not only a mental break down but a panic attack. My supervisor tried sending me home, but home was the last thing I needed. It was a very tough day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom